• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 Game Informer Details

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
So so hyped for this. Regarding location spoilers
I know they mentioned Boston & New York, but I would be shocked if Philadephia didn't make an appearance too.

I feel pretty vindicated that AC3 is basically exactly what any rational long time fan of the series from the first game expected for a numbered sequel, and once again proves that AssBro and AssRev are cash-in expansions to reuse as much AC2 design as possible to release yearly sequels.

FUCKING PUMPED.

I agree with Rev but really, AC2 and Brotherhood are games split at birth. AC2 feels incomplete without Rome. Seems like they were supposed to be one game at one point.

But yeah, AC3 sounds fucking awesome and they are doing more than I expected. Almost seems like its a next gen game with the amount of new stuff GI says they have in it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
nah, they're like full games in themselves. :)
Yeah, there's reused stuff and they can cause franchise fatigue for some but both Brohood and Rev are chock-full of content and are great games by themselves (Brohood in particular). AC3 is the real deal of course, not arguable.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I feel pretty vindicated that AC3 is basically exactly what any rational long time fan of the series from the first game expected for a numbered sequel, and once again proves that AssBro and AssRev are cash-in expansions to reuse as much AC2 design as possible to release yearly sequels.

FUCKING PUMPED.

Makes me wonder how many associated spinoffs we'll get for this game. War of 1812, anyone?

Claude

Catalina's bitch
So so hyped for this. Regarding location spoilers
I know they mentioned Boston & New York, but I would be shocked if Philadephia didn't make an appearance too.

They might if it's
a Templar lair somewhere later in the game

demolitio

I called the thousands of troops on screen back when this period was rumored because it'd be a wasted opportunity if they didn't have huge line infantry battles. Hopefully you take part in the beginning and then sneak through the lines to assassinate your target as the battle wages on around you.

I even used the word "frontier" to describe the setting for parts of it...

Daft_Cat

Sounds pretty good, I guess. I saw the scans as well, and there's nothing truly mind-blowing about them.

Sort of just looks like the Elderscrolls 6: Assassins Creed 3.

Oh wait, did that sound mind-blowing? Nevermind, then; day one.

KorrZ

I called the thousands of troops on screen back when this period was rumored because it'd be a wasted opportunity if they didn't have huge line infantry battles. Hopefully you take part in the beginning and then sneak through the lines to assassinate your target as the battle wages on around you.

I even used the word "frontier" to describe the setting for parts of it...

I hope you're sneaking behind a flank and taking out the commander sitting on his horse in the back as these two massive lines of infantry are fighting each other. There are just so many possibilities with this game and setting.

LuchaShaq

Banned
nah, they're like full games in themselves. :)

Agreed 100% the GTA "expansions" and Assassin's creed "non sequels" were both had more and better content than 90%+ of releases so there was no reason for them to not be full price even though I had no problem paying less for the gta 4 expansions.

People who skipped Brotherhood/Revelations skipped the best 2 games of the series, ezio/altair are much more interesting than desmond anyways.

demolitio

I hope you're sneaking behind a flank and taking out the commander sitting on his horse in the back as these two massive lines of infantry are fighting each other. There are just so many possibilities with this game and setting.

Yea, exactly what I've been talking about. Basically sneak through the battle to get to your target which will be in the very back of the battle since your main targets are usually very high up on the food chain. They have a chance at some epic setpieces.

I still hope for Francis Marion to appear... :(

Dany

Banned
No Den Defense?!?!?

funny-gifs-i-get-excited-about-insurance-too.gif

Natiko

Banned
Sounds a lot better than I was expecting. I went from very skeptical to fairly hyped in a matter of minutes lol

demolitio

Sounds a lot better than I was expecting. I went from very skeptical to fairly hyped in a matter of minutes lol

Everyone was so damn afraid of this game due to the lack of architecture when there's whole different ways to explore in that period. No one gave them a chance and some people still won't until they see it in action, but I trust they can give us an AC game with a fresh perspective.

Makes me wonder how many associated spinoffs we'll get for this game. War of 1812, anyone?

I'm guessing the next thing they'll be doing is working on a concept for Modern day Assassin's Creed whilst their B-team works on yearly releases. But they'd be smart just to take a break until next-gen.

Zoibie

-You can now leap over wagons or slide under obstacles, including navigating over and around moving objects. The free running stuff also has you jumping through windows to trees and then on top of church roofs. Basically, expect the free running stuff, but more fluid and presumably generally closer to the ground.

Between this and Prey 2, it's a good year for parkour. Can't wait to see some of this stuff in action.

MrDaravon

-This game has the longest development cycle since AC1, and has twice the production capacity (in terms of work hours) and budget of Revelations.
-They want the game to feel like AC3.5, and the game will have its first version complete in just a few more weeks, at which point they're going to spend the rest of their time refining it.

This is what has me the most excited. Revelations was a huge disappointment to me, I'm hoping this one has had the proper time in the oven.

ironcreed

Banned
The series had flat-out overplayed the same hand for too long for me, so I could not be happier with this direction so far. I think Ubisoft realized that the series needed to be taken to another level as well. Feels good to be excited about Assassin's Creed all over again.

DaBuddaDa

I'm not sure how well this setting will lend itself to iterative sequels like Brohood and Revelations.
After the end of the war, which is when AC3 has been confirmed to end,
there really isn't a whole lot of big, famous conflicts/events that happen for many decades in North America. I guess there is the war of 1812, but that's generally not considered a massive event to the scale of the rest of the series locales, and by that point our main hero here will be like...in his 60s or 70s.

CrazyDude

It should be interesting to see how they will handle the fact the the protagonist is fighting with the rebels, but the Mohawks are fighting with the British.

Kaizer

Banned
GOOD LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD I READ THE SUMMARY AND SAW THE SCREENS!!!
lEQ9w.gif

So much hype, haven't been this excited for Assassin's Creed in a long ass time. Can't wait to get this issue of GI and I can't wait for Ubisoft to ball so hard at E3.

ZZMitch

The inclusion of the French and Indian War is the best thing ever. I have always wanted Last of the Mohicans: The Game.

What a setting, I am so excited.

CrazyDude

The inclusion of the French and Indian War is the best thing ever. I have always wanted Last of the Mohicans: The Game.

What a setting, I am so excited.

It's not going to happen. At that time, the protagonist is still a kid in the game. We only play as him for awhile before his village is wiped out.

massoluk

Banned
I'm not sure how well this setting will lend itself to iterative sequels like Brohood and Revelations.
After the end of the war, which is when AC3 has been confirmed to end,
there really isn't a whole lot of big, famous conflicts/events that happen for many decades in North America. I guess there is the war of 1812, but that's generally not considered a massive event to the scale of the rest of the series locales, and by that point our main hero here will be like...in his 60s or 70s.

The French Revolution happened right after American Revolution. *wink*

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That sounds pretty damn cool.

I still need to play Brotherhood and Revelations however.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the only problem with semi-sequel = french revolution idea is that if they're trying to take the series into more open-world areas then it would be hard to reconcile that with...paris

i suppose they could set it in the french countryside too

ZZMitch

It's not going to happen. At that time, the protagonist is still a kid in the game. We only play as him for awhile before his village is wiped out.

Well I meant more like the stalking enemies in the wilderness kind of thing. Which is going to happen. But you are right about that, it won't actually being during the French and Indian War.

Top Bottom