• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall has monsters too, bros!

Bummer...

NGIpObQ.png

Xone9

Banned
this has DLC written all over it....

i never thought it would happen, but I look forward daily to playing this over BF4...

Sean

Banned
It's most likely just the skybox, but thinking of titans vs monsters gets me hyped for the sequel. Make it like Dino-Riders:

jRSFiCk.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
The leviathan monsters are not in the arena perhaps, but it seems SOME monsters interact:

The new map, Boneyard, is a desert environment set amidst the ruins of an old engineering facility. Huge leviathan-like creatures wander the distant backgrounds, warded away from the battlefield with dog whistle-like apparatuses. Boneyard is the result of a malfunctioned dog whistle, with the tremendous bones of a fallen leviathan setting the surface-side stage for combat. Respawn says players can fight within the huge skeleton and even perch atop it and snipe. Indigenous flying NPC creatures can also swoop down to pester your allies and enemies, creating a livelier match. Down below the surface is the facility itself.

Steverulez posted this from Gameinformer.

jediyoshi

Beta data mining and artbook aside, I still can't believe how in the dark they've managed to keep people about the game from a PR standpoint. They must be planning some kind of big ad campaign blowout sometime soon.

To be honest, it screams DLC. Surely, good guy EA wouldn't do such a thing!

EA != Respawn

I think that's exactly the plan here

"wow, you guys wanted huge monsters in the game? no wai, shock. alright, I GUESS we could do that"
Just the idea of adding monsters to the mix sounds insanly awesome. And some gameolay mechanic as to how both teams need to also focus on killing monsters together match points or something. A kind of, if the monsters win, no one wins scenario.

Sooooo ... wtf .... lol

They have monsters in the game but they are not actually going to enter the map or be a part of the overall product? Is one faction like monster handlers or something and that is why the groups are fighting each other?

Am confused.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The leviathan monsters are not in the arena perhaps, but it seems SOME monsters interact:

Steverulez posted this from Gameinformer.

So the bigger ones are probably gonna be for the campaign, but we might get smaller ones.

Amir0x

Banned
Sooooo ... wtf .... lol

They have monsters in the game but they are not actually going to enter the map or be a part of the overall product? Is one faction like monster handlers or something and that is why the groups are fighting each other?

Am confused.

At least some monsters enter the arena as per the Game Informer post, but not the Leviathans apparently.

Lunzio

Even though I'm buying Titanfall, I gotta say this would have been some NEXT LEVEL stuff for me.

There's just SO many ideas that Titanfall 2 will benefit from (many of which I wish were in the original game).

BraXzy

Top Bottom