• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

crozier

I was just a little surprised after having read that it was a relatively solid 60fps. It's not awful by any means; at the gate before Tristram there's some slow down that's noticeable but manageable. Seems to tear a little too. It's fine but not as good as I thought it would be.

Offline solo on PS3.
Yeah, I'm noticing the same thing. Some dips seem like they're in the 20's. :/

Wonder if 60 FPS is just on the 360...

crozier

I've promised 60fps in the OT, so people will kill me if this ends up being a framerate mess :lol hopefully that isn't the case.
On PS3 I can confirm that the frame rate is a mess with very little going on. Like a handful of enemies. It's certainly playable, but the dips are jarring...animations look all funky when it drops too.

Seik

Banned
I was just a little surprised after having read that it was a relatively solid 60fps. It's not awful by any means; at the gate before Tristram there's some slow down that's noticeable but manageable. Seems to tear a little too. It's fine but not as good as I thought it would be.

Offline solo on PS3.

Ah really? Damn, I'll try not to hype my expectations too much or I'll be sad, I thought it was going to be a solid 60fps most of the time. :/

Wasn't the PS3 version the basic version they were working on? Since it was an exclusive at first, right? Shame if it's really the worst port out of the two.

GlamFM

Banned
Got the game yesterday and finished the first chapter. I like it, but I don´t think I´ve fully understood the structure.

-Are there sidemissions? Is it possible that I have missed them all?
-Is there a way to know if I have done everything in one area?
-Why does the map that you build by walking around disappear after saving and loading?

Robin64

Got the game yesterday and finished the first chapter. I like it, but I don´t think I´ve fully understood the structure.

-Why does the map that you build by walking around disappear after saving and loading?

- Only a few, but they appear randomly.
- Just move from A to B and don't worry about that.
- Because the maps have a certain randomness to them. Helps with farming them over and over.

Autofokus

- There are short, little encounters - but those are randomized each time you load your game.

- No, because answer #1

- While the overworld isn't randomized, those little 'side missions' from answer #1 could be dropped into. It's so long ago I played this, but I think thats the official reason for the undiscovered map each time.

GlamFM

Banned
- Only a few, but they appear randomly.
- Just move from A to B and don't worry about that.
- Because the maps have a certain randomness to them. Helps with farming them over and over.

Aha! Thank you sir - you´ve helped me a lot.

The completionist in me almost wanted to stop playing - I had the feeling I was missing stuff left and right...

Robin64

While maps are always the same shape, the innards are made up of blocks which can be switched around.

D3%20Map%20-%20Festering%20Woods.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Got the game! Gonna eat quick, then start this sucker!

Riggs

Banned
Feels like 60 fps to me, but I took out my shitty 5400 rpm Hitachi HDD from my super slim and put an SSD in it. Could be why.

This helped me TREMENDOUSLY with MLB The Show 13, horrible issues with that game and super slims because of the shit HDD. My fat 80gb never had a problem.

Drame

Oh deary me, 1pm and still can't launch the game due to error: 8002951e.

I just want to play the game. Anyone else have their EU digital version working on ps3?

V_Arnold

I would give half my paragon levels if Nephalem Glory would be in the game's pc version. Nice graphical effect, serious damage and movement speed boost, and stacks up to 3 times. One minute buff. Simply amazing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fyskjglxlpgfyöhdkmyshcrj

k43N2ql.jpg

Riggs

Banned
Yoshi nice! Arnold you are hyping me up hardcore bro. Sorry to those getting errors on DL I hope you get it working :(

Pooya

I'm sure it's been mentioned but DF face off is up: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-diablo-3-face-off

If the PS3 version is not gimped I shall request a copy of this game from Amazon today. It's the couch co-op thing that's swung it. These games are just too good with a mate.

It's reassuring to read that DF are mentioning the New Tristram gates frame drops specifically. Bodes well for the rest of the game.

I guess the best way to find out is to keep playing! Looking forward to some couch co-op with the other half later.

On the technical scale, both the PS3 and 360 are running at the equivalent to the PC version's high settings for texture assets, physics and effects - with smoothed dynamic shadows almost a match for PC's highest preset.

Nice job on Blizzard here.

If you're at all tempted to play on Diablo 3 on console we'd urge jumping in now rather than waiting months for a next-gen version. While the 360 offers a performance advantage over PS3

360 wins once again but sounds like you can not go wrong with either version.

Lord Phol

I'm sure it's been mentioned but DF face off is up: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-diablo-3-face-off

If the PS3 version is not gimped I shall request a copy of this game from Amazon today. It's the couch co-op thing that's swung it. These games are just too good with a mate.

If you're at all tempted to play on Diablo 3 on console we'd urge jumping in now rather than waiting months for a next-gen version. While the 360 offers a performance advantage over PS3, the release for Sony's current platform remains impressive and brings about some unique benefits too. Ranked among them are the five exclusive in-game items, the subscription-free online play, and while it remains unannounced and completely unconfirmed so far, it wouldn't be outlandish to assume an option to transfer your hero to the upcoming PS4 version is in consideration at Blizzard - whereas no Xbox One version has been announced as of writing. But to live in the moment, the PS3 and 360 releases of Diablo 3 mark a hugely successful experiment for the studio, and we hope to see its other prized franchises make a similar jump once the next generation hits.

Seems 360 performs better but both versions are pretty ok ports.
Would like to see the next gen-version(s) with locked 60-FPS, V-sync and true HD.

koji

Haha, ok here we go with the comparisons! My 360 broke down yesterday so I don't have to worry about it too hard...

PS3 version looks a bit sharper to me?

! :lol

I beat Inferno with a wizard on PC (back when it was hard) so I should probably roll something other than a wizard this time.

But fuck, they're awesome and getting easy powerful loot could just own.

I rolled a Monk on the 360 but am regretting it. Miss my insanely powerful Witch Doctor on the PC :(

Loginius

If someone has a code for the angelic wings that they don't need and would like to trade for Lego star wars ep3 (xbox code) or a steam/origin code (selection of games) feel free to pm me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
wow, that's a pretty big advantage the 360 version has in terms of performance.

and if you go to blizzard's official forums, they don't even recognize the 360 version, their console sub section states "Discuss the PS3 version of Diablo 3 here" :p

AlStrong

Takes, what, 2 hours to get to Act 2?

Multiple platforms and then analysis tool? Takes time. While I'm not privy to the author's Real Life schedule, that's part of the equation too. *shrug*

Completing the game 3 times may seem like nothing for any of the hardcore D3 players, but 3 times within a week back-to-back? :p

*shrug* Just saying it's not that simple...

Yoshichan

Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error

WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

Robin64

Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error

WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

THE FUCK?

How can an offline disc-based game have an error?

My PSN version played fine with no issues. Played it on my 42" LCD @ 720p via HDMI and it looks alright. Loads up areas near instantly.

Wish it was native 720p and upscaled to 1080p, at least. The IQ is a little blurry and the frame rate isn't a solid 60 FPS, especially when fighting multiple enemies on-screen (dips pretty bad).

V_Arnold

Ohhhhh what does NP stand for?

Guys my ps3 ID is klipp3d could anyone pls to party just to test. My euro friend and I cannot connect, I am in NA. It says problem joining party.

Nephalem Power, the stuff I talked about. You pick up a greenish globe that monster drop at a moderately low chance, and then you get the 1min buff that grants you plus movement speed, dmg bonus and some awesome effects as well. Stacks up to three.

I'm trying to join Riggs game! :_:

Same region? Same profile type? Same type of NAT?

Lord Phol

Weird, the reviewers didn't have any problems with the framrate and neither did the posters in this thread who played it before release. Now everyone seems to be having issues with it though oO.

Top Bottom