• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Mayyhem

I've put over 300 hours into D3 for PC. I loved the game but got bored of it. The console version seems amazing and all my friends who have no played D3 want to get into it.

I want to double dip but I'm thinking if we should just wait for the Next-Gen version, since were all going XB0 day one. I'm also really excited for the RoS Expansion Set too though, but I don't see myself playing PC and Console simultaneously. Do you guy's think RoS will come out in the future on consoles?

So many temptations, I don't know what to do

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Riggs

Banned
I vote for posts from Riggs and Yoshi to tell us some stories about the experience they had so far with the coop portion of the game together.

Hah thanks man, me and Yoshi are having problems partying up. He's in Sweden I am in America, not sure if thats why .... my NAT is open, not sure if his is right now. But we keep getting problem joining game errors. I grouped with theytookourjobz just fine though, so I really hope this isn't region locked. I mean there is a region override option!!! There is no battle net, so I would think we could play with anyone in the world.

Neway this is really fun, just got 2 new legendary's which makes a total of 3. All upgrades so far. Really having a blast.

Co OP seems to give a nice exp boost, wasn't getting any real lag, over all just a great experience.

gg Riggs.

This shit is super fun and even better with other people.

Hell ya man so much fun!

#8! 1H mace

SHUT UPPPPPP!!!!!

Can you attack without moving on the consoles? If not, how are you wizards and demon hunters making do?

Yep, as a Barbarian I just hit X and he swings away. Should be same for DH/Wizard I would think?

Yep, as a Barbarian I just hit X and he swings away. Should be same for DH/Wizard I would think?
I mean, how do you aim your ranged shots without moving forward in the direction you're aiming?

On PC you could hold down a key to plant yourself and aim around. I used it quite a bit with wizard and demon hunter.

Guess I may just have to roll up a Wizard tonight and experiment a bit.

I mean, how do you aim your ranged shots without moving forward in the direction you're aiming?

On PC you could hold down a key to plant yourself and aim around. I used it quite a bit with wizard and demon hunter.

Guess I may just have to roll up a Wizard tonight and experiment a bit.

When you move the control stick when your hitting the attack button there is a red sillouette that goes on the enemie your going to attack, and it seems to work rather well.

alterno69

Banned
I picked up the game before lunch and managed to play for like 30 mins, seems stable enough if maybe not as sharp as i'd like but looks like a good port.

Can't wait to coop later with a couple of buds and hopefully my wife too.

Dynamic3

I wish Blizz would have included PS3 to PS4 progress transfer as many of the other big games have, I would have double dipped hard.

Anyone with impressions of the Installed 360 version? Any speed increases or performance stuff?

Played a bit without installing first, and really seems about the same. There is a semi long (if you can even call it that) load at the start and then the rest of the loads are a handful of seconds usually. Not bad at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Raide

First time Diablo player. Barbarian looks like my style. Good for a first-timer?

To be honest, Ranged classes are easier for starters but all of the classes are pretty strong right at the start. You just have to learn how their combat works and off you go!

Also, you will probably end up with all classes and you get addicted. :p

Is anyone having issues with setting up 5.1 audio with this game? I have my PS3 set to DD/DTS and the only audio I get with my Sony Home Theater is 2.1. This is rather frustrating :(

First time Diablo player. Barbarian looks like my style. Good for a first-timer?
Was my first and I loved every second of it. I'd say its much easier to deal with than the ranged classes. Just barrel straight into whatever you want destroyed.

The physics make the barbarian so damn fun.

When you move the control stick when your hitting the attack button there is a red sillouette that goes on the enemie your going to attack, and it seems to work rather well.
Ahh OK, and left trigger to lock on target I guess.

Will have to give it a shot.

Ashtar

so when do we get some GAF games going
I'm on XBL: Maalik Ashtaar
I installed it, load screens are gone pretty soon I can barely even read the little hints

Deadly

Lies. My Monk needed serious gear upgrades to finish pre patch Inferno and it was only because I found a crossbow that I was able to sell for millions. If all his gear was self found..I'd say he is by far the exception than the rule. Without all resist gear you would could get nearly 1 shotted at the beginning of act 2 by a wasp bee thing.
I never said his gear was self found. He is most likely more of an exception than the rule, we played a ridiculous amount.. I sure ain't lying though.

Is it confirmed there will be no progress transfer to the PS4 version?
I haven't heard anything one way or the other. They've been tight lipped about the PS4 version.

But who knows - maybe the PS4 version will integrate with Battlenet in some way, in which case it could be a different beast than this current gen version. I have no idea.

Dahbomb

HOLY SHIT @ this Legendary that Kongor just looted in HELL!

970 DPS , 600+ Strength, 100+ vitality, 5% Life Steal, 1.5% crit chance, bleed damage, WITH Rest in Piece proc. Stream chat just went nuts.

If it had a socket then that would've been end game type item right there.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or is there a lot less gold in the console version ? Maybe I'm being daft but I seem to always be more tight for gold in comparison to when I'm playing the PC one. This is good in a way though as it forces me to make choices and rely on stuff I find, proper loot em up.

Dahbomb

Is it just me or is there a lot less gold in the console version ? Maybe I'm being daft but I seem to always be more tight for gold in comparison to when I'm playing the PC one. This is good in a way though as it forces me to make choices and rely on stuff I find, proper loot em up.
That's because there's no AH where you can sell your loot on for free gold. It's about the same gold as in PC plus the crafting costs are much lower.

You actually need to pick up gold off of the floor now.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
That's because there's no AH where you can sell your loot on for free gold. It's about the same gold as in PC plus the crafting costs are much lower.

You actually need to pick up gold off of the floor now.

Yeah I always did, I'm completely OCD about picking up everything I find until my inventory's full :p I never sold one single item on the auction house, only bought from it, so I never made gold that way. It just feels like a lot less to me but if you're saying it's the same I'm probably wrong.

Dahbomb

Yeah I always did, I'm completely OCD about picking up everything I find until my inventory's full :p I never sold one single item on the auction house, only bought from it, so I never made gold that way. It just feels like a lot less to me but if you're saying it's the same I'm probably wrong.
It's less gold on higher MP levels because mob density is lower but from 1-60 its pretty much the same.

Dahbomb

Higher MP levels... what does that mean?
Higher sub difficulties.

Main difficulties are: Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno
Sub difficulties are: Easy, Medium, Hard, Master I to Master V

Inferno on Master V is the most difficult setting in the game. Enemies have a ton more health and dish out more damage plus density is higher. In exchange you get way higher magic find, gold find and experience gain plus 100% chance for dropping Keys/Hellring parts.

smr00

Banned
Anyone else still using Infernal? Almost 15, got a legendary helm and i still can't part with dat 25% EXP
don't laugh at me

Yoshichan

Azmodan... Biggest derp of all time ._.

Edit: 1am... Work tomorrow...

Eh, fuck it.

Higher sub difficulties.

Main difficulties are: Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno
Sub difficulties are: Easy, Medium, Hard, Master I to Master V

Inferno on Master V is the most difficult setting in the game. Enemies have a ton more health and dish out more damage plus density is higher. In exchange you get way higher magic find, gold find and experience gain plus 100% chance for dropping Keys/Hellring parts.

So normal medium would be good to start, or should I start on easy? Sorry for all the ??? I don't want to mess anything up!

smr00

Banned
Just reading about the screen-tearing on Digital Foundry. Good job Blizzard. Will pass.
It's not that bad.

I only noticed it twice in the 5+ hours i have played. But then again i was a console gamer all my life up until a few months ago so this kind of stuff never has and never will bother me. It's a very competent port that plays extremely well.

So normal medium would be good to start, or should I start on easy? Sorry for all the ??? I don't want to mess anything up!
If you played the PC version and understand the game i would at least start on medium. I am completely steam rolling on medium. Haven't died yet.

Azmodan... Biggest derp of all time ._.

Edit: 1am... Work tomorrow...

Eh, fuck it.
It's times like this that i am glad i run my own business and have people to do my job for me. I might allow some extra overtime this week if they want it so i never have to leave this sofa.
i don't trust anyone who works for me, i go in around 10am

Top Bottom