• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Out 1

did they even explain why they are getting rid of headphone jack? didn't watch the presentation.

everything else looks good, might even pre-order 7+ (currently on 6s).

Angel_DvA

Price in France are ridiculous...

IPhone 7 : 769€, 879€, 989€
Iphone 7+ : 909€, 1019€, 1129€

Well, the Iphone 7 is too close to 6S model, i'll wait for 8 and the special 10 years model.

so that wild 2160p@60fps video recording rumor didn't pan out?

would've been the only thing to get in my head while waiting for that Note7 hotness to arrive

did they even explain why they are getting rid of headphone jack? didn't watch the presentation.

more features/flexibility with digital, wireless future, and they have the balls to do it. That was basically the explanation. They also said they need the extra space to use for other features.

Vyer

Man can we get more pictures of Matte Black? it looks great

from verge

DSC_1242-verge.0.jpg
DSC_1244-verge.0.jpg

btkadams

The glossy finish looks beautiful but I wonder if it will look like shit eventually. I keep mine in a case anyway, so i guess it doesn't matter THAT much though.

Servbot24

Banned

Hilarious meme posts aside, it's to free space in the body for other components and it's to help push wireless technology forward by taking a firm position on the product.

The glossy finish looks beautiful but I wonder if it will look like shit eventually. I keep mine in a case anyway, so i guess it doesn't matter THAT much though.

Same boat I'm in. Love the look of it and I'm not hard on my tech at all. Wonder how well it would hold up.

Branson

So do I just need to outright buy the phone at full price if I want to keep my ATT unlimited plan? I'm going to be paying the same either way because they don't have 2 year upgrades anymore. This sucks. Upgrading from a 6plus

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
No. If you pay 24 the phone is yours to keep. Or you can replace it with a new phone after a year and reset the clock. So you start another 24 month period.

Basically keep paying and get a new phone every year. Stop and after two years you keep the phone

Thanks. I do not like that concept. Paying like $380 a year to rent doesn't sound worth it...then again I'm poor and can't afford it.

I want that glossy black so bad, but if I'm getting that nice of a color I'd want to keep it out of a case, but without a case it's going to look like shit within two weeks

What do I do

UrokeJoe

So do I just need to outright buy the phone at full price if I want to keep my ATT unlimited plan? I'm going to be paying the same either way because they don't have 2 year upgrades anymore. This sucks. Upgrading from a 6plus

This is what I want to know? I'm sure you lose it with ATT, but do you if you finance with Apple??

Roo

from @panzergonna have to see them in person, honestly can't decide which i like more

The Jet Black one looks simply beautiful.
Has a really high-end look to it. I can already see it being the defacto version in movies, music videos and whatnot.

The downside it's that it is a fingerprint magnet and can get scratched easily if you're not careful enough as proven by one of the photos in this very thread.

Now, the Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter included was a nice surprise but God knows it'll break apart (like most Apple cables do) and/or you're going to lose it somewhere.
Especially since it's supposed to go inside your pocket with your phone where it'll bend and stretch depending on what you're doing.

Wait you still have to pay even with the upgrade program? Wtf

Probably if the phone is damaged

Is there a thread for the Apple Watch? I'm skipping the new phone this time, but I'm pretty sure I'm Day 1 on the new watch.

Now, the Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter included was a nice surprise but God knows it'll break apart (like most Apple cables do) and/or you're going to lose it somewhere.
Especially since it's supposed to go inside your pocket with your phone where it'll bend and stretch depending on what you're doing.

Man headphones go in my back pocket, phone goes in my front left. Adapter would go in the same pocket as my headphones, but it's so bulky that it would probably get real uncomfortable real fast.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Probably if the phone is damaged

Is there a thread for the Apple Watch? I'm skipping the new phone this time, but I'm pretty sure I'm Day 1 on the new watch.

Man headphones go in my back pocket, phone goes in my front left. Adapter would go in the same pocket as my headphones, but it's so bulky that it would probably get real uncomfortable real fast.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1023058

Hes asking about the 6S

He asked about the plus.

So is it worth it to return my note 7 for a 6s, and wait for the 8 next year? Or would it be a waste of money to go for the year older phone?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What is the best, ultra-thin clear case? I like having a small bit of protection for sliding it on a table or small drops, but hate bulk.

Top Bottom