• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Death Battle is Android 18 vs Captain Marvel

Slayven

I hate that people forget he was in a 'room' that allowed him to do that. It's not like he punched nothing and the universe shifted.

Well yeah he was outside the multiverse.

Remember when Mr.Mind ate the universe, got stomach trouble and spit it slightly different, 52 different ways different?

zeemumu

They gave 18 energy absorption? The fuck? they're using the games.....why?

The Death Battles tend to operate on looking at every single piece of media and pooling it into a single summary.

Next Death Battle is
Metal Sonic vs Zero from Mega Man X

Money's on
Metal Sonic

Fj0823

Comic book characters have their power of bad writing levels over 9000

DBZ bad writing BS is only at 5000

Good that 18 wins but it's not fair that 18 is in with her Android saga level when she's about to be fighting again and if 17 is any indication, Androids get fucking strong in 10 years

Instead of BS energy absorption they should've waited to see her in action again

McNum

This video turned out to be more topical than expected, didn't it?

They should have had 18 comment on the whole golden hair and glowing eyes transformation, though.

It's been a while since I've watched DBZ, but was only the white Android and Gero the only ones who could do that?

I'm very happy forehead one.
Yes only 19 and Gero have energy absorption, 17 and 18's gimmick was their infinite energy. For some reason some of the video games gave 18 and 17 absorption even though they don't have that ability and that's what Death Battle used.

Yes only 19 and Gero have energy absorption, 17 and 18's gimmick was their infinite energy. For some reason some of the video games gave 18 and 17 absorption even though they don't have that ability and that's what Death Battle used.

The actual fight is just for show in the explanation list they gave different reason for why she actually won.

I stopped caring about Death Battles outcomes about the time they had Buu lose to freaking Kirby.

The thing about death battle is that they use stats and abilities from multiple sources for every character.

Either way 18 would still murder Captain Marvel even without absorption

Metal B

It's been a while since I've watched DBZ, but was only the white Android and Gero the only ones who could do that?
We never saw anything of it. Technically they could have the ability, since Geno had the technology available, and they just never needed it, since they have infinite batteries. Overall it is a stretch, but they argue, that 18 is smart and experience enough to no feed her and just use physical force to crush her.

zeemumu

I'm very happy forehead one.

This seems to be the justification
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 18 is capable of absorbing an opponent's ki and stamina depending on the Energy Absorption Super Skill being used.

Brannon

The actual fight is just for show in the explanation list they gave different reason for why she actually won.

I stopped caring about Death Battles outcomes about the time they had Buu lose to freaking Kirby.

Well of course that was the result, it's like vs Sub-Zero.

No one beats Sub-Zero.

I bet the winner is going to be Android 18. Like she fights against Saiyans and fucked up Vegeta who's more fucking powerful than Captain Marvel by 100. This is going to be a slaughter

Kirby routinely kills eldritch abominations with no effort.

People aren't joking when they say Kirby is the strongest Nintendo character.

Buu was literally about to rip the universe apart when he was fighting Vegetto
since Death Battle likes to include anime only feats

Kirby isn't going get past Buu's regeneration or absorption moves.

Buu was literally about to rip the universe apart when he was fighting Vegetto
since Death Battle likes to include anime only feats

Kirby isn't going get past Buu's regeneration or absorption moves.

I know better than to waste my time arguing with DBZ fans over death battles.

Needless to say, they agreed with me and not you.

zulux21

welp, when I said there was no chance
18 was going to win I didn't count on them giving her a major ability she didn't have and not give marvel all of hers.

usually they are a bit better about that.

oh well fun enough fight to watch :p

I know better than to waste my time arguing with DBZ fans over death battles.

Needless to say, they agreed with me and not you.
Well look no further than this battle if you think they are some authority over the matter.

Since Captain Marvel should have taken this one.

I just watch these for the animations and not the logic that determines the winner in any case.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Kirby is OP as shit, Kirby entire gimmick is that he is a 1 inch taller pink lovable marshmallow that can blow up a planet if he wants

Ray Down

Banned

Thats not even the worse one, it would go to Tifa vs Yang.

RWYB verse as a whole doesn't stand up to Tifa.

Buu since super can stomp Kirby

My issue with comic book heroes if they are as strong as they are then half of the conflicts should be over in 2 pages. DBZ is guilty of this too but at least the saiyans like a good fight.
I don't think reality warpers are all that either. So called multiversal threats struggling with average joes.

Maligna

Banned
The fact that Carol in her Binary form can be taken out by a couple dinky blaster pistols from random goons was pretty damning. When they mentioned that, I knew she would lose.

Also though, the energy absorption they gave 18 wasn't what won for her. So I'm surprised people are complaining about it.

I was more surprised they didn't mention 18's energy barrier, which as far as I can tell has always made her completely impervious to energy attacks any time she chose to use it.

Top Bottom