• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinku

Banned
Sorry for the shit Slar. Haven't been playing too much recently. My friend is real bad at the game, and I don't think he's ever played CM before. I kept telling him to buy wards, haha.

DotA 2 has been pretty low on my list since 2 of my friends vanished. Is it just me or does the game feel like, slow or something after the patch? I had that latency ini change prior, maybe that has something to do with it?

I bet, I heard fiddling with network does more bad than good.

Swag

foH9v.png

Something about "Tell me More" just pisses me off very much

Kapura

Banned
please-tell-me-more-thumb.jpg

I wouldn't have as big of a problem with it if i could make it go away or if it were smaller. But it fucking sucks to see "You were killed by Crystal Maiden! [Tell Me More]" for the entirety of my death.

Sibylus

Banned
Just tucking it on the side as a bar that pops out when you mouse-over or click it, that'd be fine.

As for SD, I can see a pretty simple addition being made to it: colour-coded borders on all the heroes your teammates have in their pools (easy enough to copy over the scheme used for names).

JustinBB7

I read on /vg/ that you can see the rank of the matches you played as, I just checked and don't see anything in my match history. Are they trolling or am I missing something..

Kaper

I read on /vg/ that you can see the rank of the matches you played as, I just checked and don't see anything in my match history. Are they trolling or am I missing something..

Filter the Recent Games tab by typing your name and choosing the skill level you want to check. If you have no games in the skill level you filtered then choose a different skill level!

TommyT

So what's the purpose of the high/medium/low skill ranking? Just something arbitrary of how well you performed in each game?

Tenck

Tiers. You want to be matched with players similar to your skill level. In Dota 1 you would just join a map and hope for the best (from what I remember).

Swag

So what's the purpose of the high/medium/low skill ranking? Just something arbitrary of how well you performed in each game?
Based on the hidden Rating, if I go to low, all the In Houses are in there ( I think Private games default to low ), but if I go to Medium, it's games from November when I played with Tre / Anbokr / Orange Caramel, and if I go to high, it's all the recent games I've played with Milk / Hyuna / TSwift.

I don't think that in game performance has anything to do with it, because the game level is decided when your in queue.

Tenck

Earth Shaker on the enemy team calling us noobs and calling gg when they took our tier 2 tower was hilarious. We beat the team and when I looked at his score, he went 0/6/11 lol.

Haha, watching Reddit Dota Tournament replays right now and noticed familiar names like 1.09 and SAGE MODE HOKAGE. Didn't know GAF participated in this stuff. Looks like it'll be really interesting game to watch.

In case you missed the game, like I did, you can watch it right there (starts from ~1:55).

Earth Shaker on the enemy team calling us noobs and calling gg when they took our tier 2 tower was hilarious. We beat the team and when I looked at his score, he went 0/6/11 lol.

i love when people say gg only to lose soon afterward. on the flip side, he was playing earthshaker which is a supporting role so 0/6/11 isn't going to necessarily mean he didn't play his role well. if you are playing supporting roles, your kills should be going to your carry or anybody else but you otherwise you aren't playing support right.

Tenck

i love when people say gg only to lose soon afterward. on the flip side, he was playing earthshaker which is a supporting role so 0/6/11 isn't going to necessarily mean he didn't play his role well. if you are playing supporting roles, your kills should be going to your carry or anybody else but you otherwise you aren't playing support right.

Yeah, the support gets the short end of the stick when it comes to kills, but everyone did better than him :p

Radec

So how does OD counter anti Mage? (haven't seen OD yet so curious)

I had a long ass dota game with me using OD against a team with AM and some tanks. They destroyed us early-mid, then we just kept defending good and when I got bkb, aghanims and guinsoo, I raped AM pretty easily.

But a fat AM with Abysmal Blade and Manta pretty much destroys every hero though.

man, as long as my teams aren't TERRIBLE I can pretty much win the team the game nowadays. but I had a streak of teams that...I can't even begin to describe.

<3 this game.

now to find a way to get to .500 in my wins/losses. i gave the losses column a helluva head start because I hadn't really played Action RTS/Moba/whatever types of games before (maybe a 6 hours in LoL before diving in) and had to take baby steps. got the hang of it now. I still sometimes forget that my upgraded items have active abilities. I think that because I don't have the items for the majority of the game, they sometimes slip my mind. I guess I'll get that part.

Everything else feels good with the characters I've focused on (Drow, Lina, Zeus, Lich, Destoyer, AM, Storm). I spent some good time with Dragon Knight, but I find that he's a bit too farm-dependent and winds up irrelevant too much of the time in pub matches, where skill levels don't always allow for constant farming without your team getting slowly crushed. I think I'll try Bloodseeker, Riki or Huskar next. those guys are pretty scary in pub matches.

as per usual, thanks to GAF for advice and help along the way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cause guys are stupid and strong and girls are weak and smart.

nosexist

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Because among the Warcraft 3 units there weren't any models that were female and looked suitable for a strength hero.

Man, that's actually a really good point. Sorceress, banshee, dryad all look intelligence.

POTM, warden, hunter, all look agility

Huntress would be my only nomination for a strength hero. But even then, she isn't THAT different from POTM. They could just make a model like they did with phantom lancer.

Kapura

Banned
I do think so, I don't think his hair turned that gray in a single year. It likely has been graying for years, and he just dyes it before most public appearances.

lol u don no SHIT about hair sit down

edit: his hair isn't even grey. his beard is.

Crub

I hereby promise myself to not play one single match of Dota before June this year!

This game is sooo good, but it's really killing all my productivity.

Rinku

Banned
SD really needs swap! >_<

I'm surprised at the negativity towards SD by some gaffers. Yes hero lineups can be imbalanced, but its still fun to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom