• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Fat4all

Banned
He figured out that axe shadow thing a little fast.

one point a line does not make

edit: hmm, I meant to say "one point does not make a line", but my brain didn't recognize I jumbled it all up until a full min later

I might of had a mini stroke

Anung

Un Rama
RE7 Part 11 - Full DSPat.

Edit: I retract all allegations of him cheating based off how bad he was this episode. Unless he's went full method actor.

JC Sera

the superbestfriendsplay.com comments are just as bad
:T
including saying that she faked the incident where a uber driver tried to kidnap her jfc

Gestahl

RE7 Part 11 - Full DSPat.

Edit: I retract all allegations of him cheating based off how bad he was this episode. Unless he's went full method actor.

You'd think after the 7th time he gets his asshole torn inside out by a molded that he'd learn to look behind when he's taking damage for seemingly no reason but here we are

Edzi

Been asking them to address that issue in gaming communities since October 2014, but it's been ignored. And I know of one very good reason they ignore it but I am not going to drop that dramabomb in the thread.

You can't bring up a drama bomb and then not drop it.

That comment section is drek

I lost count of the number of "I'm not trans-phobic, BUT..."

Good thing I didn't go and check the comments I guess. Fucking disgusting that you can't escape people like this no matter what community you go to.

Edit: Okay, after looking into it a bit more and reading about the person their self it sounds like both sides are jumping at this a bit too hard. People that are hopping on the "You brought a tranny on!?" train need to be taken out back behind the shed and shot in the face. However, the ones that preface their comments with "Don't take my comments as trans-phobic" are only being made because people often have to include things like that because if they don't people WILL make assumptions and think that is why they're being negative towards said person.

Jerry

Been asking them to address that issue in gaming communities since October 2014, but it's been ignored. And I know of one very good reason they ignore it but I am not going to drop that dramabomb in the thread.

Drawing attention to it just gives it power.

Matsukaze

SBFP video comments have always been toxic to some extent. Typically nothing outrageous, but every now and again...

The asshole portion of the fanbase will never be able to make peace with the knowledge that their beloved Best Friends are progressive when it comes to social issues. I remember when Liam made fun of them on a podcast a couple years ago; the guys know better than to think all of their fans are open-minded.

SBFP video comments have always been toxic to some extent. Typically nothing outrageous, but every now and again...

The asshole portion of the fanbase will never be able to make peace with the knowledge that their beloved Best Friends are progressive when it comes to social issues. I remember when Liam made fun of them on a podcast a couple years ago; the guys know better than to think all of their fans are open-minded.

Wait, Liam made fun of who?

Matsukaze

Wait, Liam made fun of who?
Months after Gamergate, there was a podcast in which Liam at one point briefly made fun of people who use SJW as an insult and how they exaggerate/lie about things to whip themselves into a frenzy about the dumbest shit. I remember the way he went about it seemed to imply that he was aware that people listening to that very podcast might have been those same type of people.

the "pat is blind" memes are true

he walked into the room with a bunch of tripwire traps in re7 twice and somehow missed the cabinet right in front of him twice

Months after Gamergate, there was a podcast in which Liam at one point briefly made fun of people who use SJW as an insult and how they exaggerate/lie about things to whip themselves into a frenzy about the dumbest shit. I remember the way he went about it seemed to imply that he was aware that people listening to that very podcast might have been those same type of people.

I mean he's not totally wrong about that. I know the types of people he's referring to; the ones on /v/ I check that image board out every now and then and every time I see a SBF thread it's often filled with the most insane speculatory things I think I've ever seen in a fanbase.

The guys definitely deserve some criticism on some things (which I'm on record of being one of the big aggregators for) but nowhere near the levels of some of the absolutely insane shit some of those people conjure up and convince themselves is fact.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Coming in late because of V-Day shenanigans and just want to say, I get why people would think Pats faking it,
The Axe bit
is suspect as fuck. Also, I feel like I called the shitty youtube comments. But most importantly, RIP Toothpick, you were too good for this shitty LP...

Edzi

So I was listening to the podcast earlier, and Pat and Woolie bring up how nice it is to finally get to play a game (Nioh) at their own pace... Look, I'm sorry, but this is aggravating on a whole lotta levels for me. Nobody is forcing these guys to "suffer" through these garbage blind LPs for games they'd rather play themselves, and they clearly know it affects their performance and don't seem to like it much. But they do it anyway. Over, and over, and over again.

ArjanN

So I was listening to the podcast earlier, and Pat and Woolie bring up how nice it is to finally get to play a game (Nioh) at their own pace... Look, I'm sorry, but this is aggravating on a whole lotta levels for me. Nobody is forcing these guys to "suffer" through these garbage blind LPs for games they'd rather play themselves, and they clearly know it affects their performance and don't seem to like it much. But they do it anyway. Over, and over, and over again.

9 out of 10 games are straighforward enough that playing blind is a non-issue anyway.

Edzi

9 out of 10 games are straighforward enough that playing blind is a non-issue anyway.

It just irks me when its big games that you know they're super interested in. Games like Dark Souls or Bloodborne should never have been double blinds, considering how much Pat and Woolie like those games. They're intentionally killing their enjoyment, and in turn killing the quality of a lot of their videos.

Sylas

It just irks me when its big games that you know they're super interested in. Games like Dark Souls or Bloodborne should never have been double blinds, considering how much Pat and Woolie like those games. They're intentionally killing their enjoyment, and in turn killing the quality of a lot of their videos.
Except a lot of people (like myself) enjoy the double blind LPs and don't whip ourselves into a frenzy when they miss shit. Hell, I miss obvious shit on a non-LP playthrough.

I imagine the double blinds on newer games tend to bring in the bigger $$$ which is why they do them when the opportunity presents itself. LPing is ultimately about making money, not pure enjoyment of a new game. Being happy with not feeling the pressure to play a new game that would typically be up LP-alley is absolutely no reason for watchers to get agitated. . Calm yoself.

Edzi

Except a lot of people (like myself) enjoy the double blind LPs and don't whip ourselves into a frenzy when they miss shit. Hell, I miss obvious shit on a non-LP playthrough.

I imagine the double blinds on newer games tend to bring in the bigger $$$ which is why they do them when the opportunity presents itself. LPing is ultimately about making money, not pure enjoyment of a new game. Being happy with not feeling the pressure to play a new game that would typically be up LP-alley is absolutely no reason for watchers to get agitated. . Calm yoself.

I am calm. I don't get whipped into a frenzy if they miss stuff.

Sylas

I am calm. I don't get whipped into a frenzy if they miss stuff.
You said you're aggravated so you'll have to excuse me if I interpret your tone as such.

It's important to remember that this is a job and they're doing it because they enjoy it and because it makes them money. Sometimes you go where the money is.

Numb

Sens fortress had my number
That's why Anor Londo became my favourite area in ds1
The clean and sunny castle. Felt like a reward

Strimei

I kinda hope Pat never shows Woolie where the bonfire in Sen Fortress is.

It took me ages to even realize it is. I died several times near the top/on top (but not to the boss, just summoned Tarkus and let him do his thing because he's awesome) and so had to schlep my way up time and again.

On the plus side, I can run Sen's House-o-Fun in my damn sleep if I wanted to now.

Also great to watch Woolie get bodied by traps and snake-men. Wonder if he'll fall for the
mimic

Sens fortress had my number
That's why Anor Londo became my favourite area in ds1
The clean and sunny castle. Felt like a reward

Anor Londo is so pretty, but another reason why I loved the area is the silver knights. They are PERFECT parrying fodder (once you're inside the main building). I had such trouble with parrying up until that point, but they telegraph pretty easily and have generous windows for parrying. Mastered parrying there.

Archgan

It took me ages to even realize it is. I died several times near the top/on top (but not to the boss, just summoned Tarkus and let him do his thing because he's awesome) and so had to schlep my way up time and again.

On the plus side, I can run Sen's House-o-Fun in my damn sleep if I wanted to now.

Also great to watch Woolie get bodied by traps and snake-men. Wonder if he'll fall for the
mimic

I think Pat is trying to get Woolie to fall for the
mimic. When Woolie swung at one of the chests in this part, he said, "You're going to be really disappointed the farther you go in the game trying to find mimics."
I really hope it works.

Top Bottom