• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Pics of Tomb Raider movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Blue

9E2OoPS.gif

I see better looking women on the subway every day. That's about as average as a A-list actor can be.

caliph95

Don't count them chickens yet. The Star Wars prequels had some talented actors involved too.
prequels is where besides Ewan Mcgregor and dude who played Palpatine is where competent go to die. Hayden gets shit for it even when in 3 he is fine without getting Lucas dialogue.

Saya

Wait, what? Alicia Vikander is not attractive? Reminds me of all the hate Emily Watson got for being cast as Belle in Beauty and the Beast, because she was not a "beauty".

Reminds me of all the hate Emily Watson got for being cast as Belle in Beauty and the Beast, because she was not a "beauty".

Gotta say that I never understood the fawning over her, but that's probably because I never cared about Harry Potter.

Crixus

It baffles me that anyone would prefer Camilla Luddington for the role, I mean she's done enough damage with the abysmal performance in the games. I can't wait for the new series to reach the point where they need a more confident voice.

Seriously, boobs aside, she's just not attractive. And you're lying to yourself if you don't think that's not a part of what makes Lara Croft, well, Lara Croft.

...This post doesn't even make sense no matter how you read it.

1/ She IS attractive.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kwbuk77.jpg[/IMG]

2/ "boobs aside"?
zgAUMBpt.jpg

Big Blue

...This post doesn't even make sense no matter how you read it.

1/ She IS attractive.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kwbuk77.jpg[/IMG]

2/ "boobs aside"?
zgAUMBpt.jpg

I meant boobs aside as it wasn't relevant to my point. And no, she's not attractive. And especially not attractive enough to be Lara Croft, in my fucking opinion. No different than the casting discussion surrounded by Emma Watson.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Zero shits about boobs. They killed the whole cleavage thing off in the game series years ago.

Face wise I just don't think she looks the part. She's very clearly European with an oval face versus home counties English Rose which is broader and more square.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Yeah, nobody here was talking about boobs until a few people using it as a strawman. Nu Raider isn't well-endowed.

Daisy Ridley would have worked well. She looks like Lara in TR2013.
maxresdefault.jpg

Has the same build too, and yes I agree with Big Blue, Daisy Ridley is attractive too, Vikander isn't really.

Chumley

Banned
Agree #1

Agree #2

I think Lara's redesign in TR 2013 was really great.

You people continue to utterly embarrass yourselves.

Still waiting on what relevance her face structure has to absolutely anything at all other than "she looked like this in TR2013".

Like, why exactly do you want to just replicate Camilla Ludington's performance? Isn't the idea of a different take on Lara more interesting?

:eek: just peeked in here, seeing very confusing comments. Alicia is a talented actress and an Oscar winner, who also happens to look sort of like Lara. I'm more concerned with the movie not being good enough for her than the other way around here.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
:eek: just peeked in here, seeing very confusing comments. Alicia is a talented actress and an Oscar winner, who also happens to look sort of like Lara. I'm more concerned with the movie not being good enough for her than the other way around here.

...What?!!!!!

Perhaps PS1-era Lara, but ever since then Lara has looked absolutely nothing like that.

In contrast, an actress like Daisy Ridley looks a lot like Lara in TR2013, especially before the Definitive Edition.

BlazinAm

I see better looking women on the subway every day. That's about as average as a A-list actor can be.

I live in NYC I do see beautiful women on subway everyday. Do I go up to them.... hell to the fuck no. Does it matter though?

I think they were going after actress that has some name value that looks akin to the current Lara.

...What?!!!!!

Perhaps PS1-era Lara, but ever since then Lara has looked absolutely nothing like that.

In contrast, an actress like Daisy Ridley looks a lot like Lara in TR2013, especially before the Definitive Edition.
Lara's face isn't really an important trait of the character herself. Heck, doesn't her face change between each game, including the latest two games where she's suddenly a different woman in Rise? Alicia looks like Lara to me in those pics, visually they nailed it.

Lara's personality has been a big weak point in the last two games though (the only TR games I've played) and I'm more interested in how they make an interesting character out of that for the movie. There's just not a lot to go on so they'd have to almost rewrite the character from scratch.

Disclosure: I'm not intending to watch this in the cinema unless it reviews really well. I don't trust them at all to make a good film out of the last two games, but I doubt Alicia will be one of the movie's problems.

You people continue to utterly embarrass yourselves.

Still waiting on what relevance her face structure has to absolutely anything at all other than "she looked like this in TR2013".

Like, why exactly do you want to just replicate Camilla Ludington's performance? Isn't the idea of a different take on Lara more interesting?

'You people' just love to take offense with everything don't you. Note that i did not make any comment about Vikander's looks, merely that he's right in saying looks are a big part of Lara's appeal, and if he thinks Vikander doesn't cut it, so be it.

Tsk tsk tsk... so eager to jump on someone.

Kinyou

Visually I'm only a bit bothered by the hair. It seems a bit too flat compared to the 2013 lara. But to be fair, shampoo is usually scarce on deserted islands.

eot

Banned
Funny to see people taking about model looks, because I think A.V. looks more like a fashion model than a traditional "hot" actress.

I hope it's two hours of her freaking out about being able to do it and killing people, as she finished off her 80th commando victim

Surfinn

Reading through this thread.. holy yikes

It's almost like they don't have to adhere to the fantasies of men and are capable of creating a strong female character who isn't driven by her sexual appeal.

Rey also went through this shit in TFA. But this scenario is even worse because of the history of Tomb Raider.

Pics look cool so far, but need to see more to get a better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom