• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

mreddie

I think it's his resting bitch face. lol
It's especially noticeable near the end of the new Spider-Man trailer video.

Also, sometimes it feels like he is trying too hard in certain reviews to have an alternate view. Not all the time, but sometimes.

Him and Girtz feel like they trying to be against the grain. Girtz especially. Then again, both are gold when they see bullshit.

hJD1o8b.gif

Alphahawk

Just been turned on to these guys in the last few days. As others have stated I really love how they (Korey specificly) tries to give everything at least a fair shake: my best example is how even though he tears the movie a new one, he spends the first third or so of the Dirty Grandpa review praising Robert De Nero's performance.

I found them because someone here linked to their review for The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. Cracked me up so much I spent the next week binging on their reviews whenever I had free time.

They roast a movie when it's some bullshit, but I've never seen them be unfair. Puts them above a lot of the wannabe critics.
Yeah, I dont even recall what thread it was where I was learned about them, but I love how the guys are funny yet always fair and intelligent when discussing movies. Even the bad ones. And their conversations feel so natural, compared to other duo/roundtable reviews Ive seen

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I had a feeling that's what the twist was gonna be. They got some nerve lol

Allow me to apologize, because hearing the spoiler in more detail from their review; it sounds super fucked up. I can't believe they even did that.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Allow me to apologize, because hearing the spoiler in more detail from their review; it sounds super fucked up. I can't believe they even did that.

For a while there I thought I was going crazy thinking "is that twist dumb or is it just me?" So it's good to know I'm not the only one thinking it's stupid

Someone was pointing out to me in the other OT topic how it's good they address it but I honestly think if they didn't address the white washing the movie would have been okay without it.

The fact they took time to write and execute it though speaks volumes about what they think of Asian Americans

For a while there I thought I was going crazy thinking "is that twist dumb or is it just me?" So it's good to know I'm not the only one thinking it's stupid

Someone was pointing out to me in the other OT topic how it's good they address it but I honestly think if they didn't address the white washing the movie would have been okay without it.

The fact they took time to write and execute it though speaks volumes about what they think of Asian Americans

For real. If you don't address it, it's still problematic but that's just an issue with Hollywood as an entity.

By making it a PLOT POINT IN THE MOVIE you're moving to a whooooole new planet of offensive.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I love that Martin and Korey gave a shout out to the Dobie theater on the drag. That was my go-to place for nerdy ass movies no other theater would be showing lol

I think this movie is another Iron Fist where the creators just don't "get it." Obviously they're not setting out to be offensive but it sails over their heads and by the time public reaction starts up, shit is already a dumpster fire. That's why representation behind the scenes is so important. You need somebody in the meetings to say "You know y'all are fucking up, right?"

For real. If you don't address it, it's still problematic but that's just an issue with Hollywood as an entity.

By making it a PLOT POINT IN THE MOVIE you're moving to a whooooole new planet of offensive.

See this is where I was at with it.

Now fuck even giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Korey is right; could you imagine if it was Black folks?

Sou Da

Bleach could genuinely be great if they completely ignore the soul society shit and just keep it as chill weird ghost samurai coming of age movie in Ichigo's neighborhood.

Top Bottom