• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ordering Cheap Stuff From China |OT| (Alibaba, Fasttech, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg if this thread isn't updated 2 months from now with drone impressions I'm going to be so upset, physically

actually I'll probably forget, like I do with most things ordered from China before they arrive

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Well I need some new snowboard pants, $25 for 10k waterproof snow pants is pretty fucking impressive. I'm gonna do it and bump when they get here. Someone should start that thread of CHINA GOODS OT

If a mod is kind enough to change the title I'll clean up the OP when I get home

After using banggood I think people should start selling eBay stock .. Why use an American site with usa based small traders when you can use a Chinese site selling the same stuff and more, direct. I mean the site works and is more organized than eBay and they actually have customer service too.

After using banggood I think people should start selling eBay stock .. Why use an American site with usa based small traders when you can use a Chinese site selling the same stuff and more, direct. I mean the site works and is more organized than eBay and they actually have customer service too.

Last time I used eBay it was basically all cheap Chinese goods anyway.

gwailo

Banned
IMG_20160427_182043_zpsjbahovhk.jpg

It still smelled like wet ink and shame.

Syriel

Thinking of ordering some stuff and I have no expectations for the quality but I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with this stuff?

It's amazing how cheap Chinese companies can produce stuff when they don't have to worry about things like copyright law, intellectual property or paying fair wages.

I've always assumed it was a combination of no material costs, very very low manufacturing costs (just the re-branding and cheap packaging) and export shipping subsidised by the government.

IMO at this point it's caused by China's oversupply manufacturing capacity.

China's basically choose to overwork and get underpaid to keep the world market share. The Chinese government subsidize alot of things in the manufacturing process, such as pollution, basic infrastructure, massive transportation network, undervalued yen etc.

omg if this thread isn't updated 2 months from now with drone impressions I'm going to be so upset, physically

actually I'll probably forget, like I do with most things ordered from China before they arrive

The one I brought 1 year ago for $30 didn't work. It flew but it didn't go toward the direction I pressed on my controller. It flew toward a group of girls and scared them away screaming. I was so embarrassed.

The one I brought 1 year ago for $30 didn't work. It flew but it didn't go toward the direction I pressed on my controller. It flew toward a group of girls and scared them away screaming. I was so embarrassed.
You call that embarrassment, I call it an opportunity
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I've used Ali in the past. Once for a knock off hockey jersey that I wear while playing, the other time for some bootleg Lego figures of characters Lego will never actually make official figures of.

The jersey is nice. Looks legit aside from some minor stitching issues that honestly I don't care about because it's a jersey to mess around in. It was $30 shipped. Legitimate jerseys are like $100+ and I wouldn't want to skate with them in case they get ruined. Jersey took like 4-5 weeks to get here. Honestly forgot about it until it showed up.

Figures were decent. Really stiff, and paint was a bit iffy. But I got like 6 figures for $9 shipped and they were people Lego will never do (Punisher, Black Mask, Deadpool variants) so I don't mind at all. Took like a week and a half to get here. Pretty fast.

I'll probably order more jerseys because why the hell not. Same with the figures once I find something I actually want. Shipping tracking is kind of strange though. You can track while it is in China, but it's all gibberish and isn't really updated ever, and then it's off the radar for days or weeks and then its at your door. IIRC they don't provide you with domestic shipping information.

Daft Punk

Banned
Saw a giant Pikachu costume on Alibaba that caught my eye. Are they reliable or am I going to get a giant box with a stuffed Pikachu in it?

This is one of my favorite hobbies. I do it for jewelry/shoes/accessories a lot. It's so funny to buy something for less than a dollar, and then see the same item in a department store for 30 bucks a couple months later.

Ali and DHgate are great for fabric and sewing supplies.

Oh I buy shit from there all the time.

I will say, though, that if you need clothing or fabric odds and ends, like a backpack, you will need to be handy with the needle. I've even went ahead and reinforce the seams of things before i wash/wear them the first time if I want to keep it long. But for under 1/10th of the price of store goods, it's fine by me. Cheap enough to just get another one if it breaks.

Allforce

I've bought tons of stuff from China over the years, never had any issues with cables, charger outlets, headphones, etc. It's all the same shit that Apple or any other vendor sells cranked out for pennies on the dollar in some hellhole factory in China. Difference here is you're buying direct and avoiding the insane markup.

Sports jerseys are another thing I always go Chinese on. 25 bucks for an NFL jersey that's every bit the same as an authentic on-field one they sell here for 179. I've put mine up against a "real" one and everyone who took a look couldn't tell the difference at all.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
These are clearly bootlegs since mega drive carts actually attempted to fit the name of the game on the front of the label rather than wrap over the top of it.

Yeah I mean duh, they're obviously bootlegs. But plenty of original official carts wrapped the title around the top. Puyo Puyo is just one example.

c9QRs8Y.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
I am desperately looking for cheap laparascopy instruments, like these:

I found a lot of them on alibaba but most of them are in bulk (I only need a few) and i'm really not sure whether I should be trusting those sellers or not.

Anyone got any ideas? I live in the EU so quick shipping is obviously preferable.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So how serious is Alibaba?

They have an 80 inch tv for peanuts: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...450773276.html?spm=a2700.7743248.51.41.tC4pxl

What am I missing? Is this a real TV? Why so cheap? WTF?

Alibaba is huge, but it's mostly a B2B platform. Try Aliexpress (same parent company), which focuses on consumer and smaller transactions.

I've gotten some stuff from Aliexpress, mostly cheap electronics for projects. It's ok as long as you understand what you are getting into. Gearbest is also good for cheap Chinese phones and minicomputers.

luffeN

Ahhhhhhhhhhh okay :D Thanks, was not sure if I had to buy 100 or if 100 buyers are found then the order goes through.

RoadDogg

Even if you have to order 100, at $25 a piece they have to be pure shit right? I mean if they were even semi decent couldn't you just unload them on craigslist for $80-$100 and keep one for yourself? Or is their shipping going to be like 10 grand?

Kibbles

I hate eBay so much, as a rare occasion seller I've gotten scammed from people doing complete bullshit PayPal chargebacks a couple times already. I can't even leave negative reviews, it's such trash never selling in eBay again, no idea why people still sell on there.

studyguy

I'm considering getting a cheap ass wifi action cam for my helmet.
I'm looking at the reviews online and it looks... OKAY, but apparently there's a ton of knockoff complaints from the aliexpress guy with the most orders and the cheapest price.

Lol hmmmmmm

Aselith

I found a lot of them on alibaba but most of them are in bulk (I only need a few) and i'm really not sure whether I should be trusting those sellers or not.

Anyone got any ideas? I live in the EU so quick shipping is obviously preferable.

Don't doo your own surgery with instruments you bought from some shady Chinese outfit please!

Email the sellers from a "company" email address and tell them you want to buy a set of samples. One of them will sell you.

norm9

Might pick up some sports jerseys now that people say ITT that look pretty legit. Being cheap helps too!

Defuser

OP you should add the Taobao to the list consider Aliexpress and others are variations of Taobao. And Taobao is Alibaba's main website online shopping.

Taobao is the motherload if you want more variety and probably cheaper. You can navigate through with google translate with not much hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom