• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GF bought a Nintendo Switch from a 3rd party on Amazon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

trixx

If you can't follow this rule simply buy directly off amazon:

1. When it comes to the internet if it's too good to be true, it's probably not.

Considering that the switch is still relatively sold out and this is selling for $100 less, it's false.

I got a similar deal on a PS4 Pro, it ended up being unsealed (peace of tape that keeps the the box closed was peeled open), but aside from that it seemed new or hardly used. As long as it's from a seller with a history I wouldn't worry too much.

Reckheim

I got a similar deal on a PS4 Pro, it ended up being unsealed (peace of tape that keeps the the box closed was peeled open), but aside from that it seemed new or hardly used. As long as it's from a seller with a history I wouldn't worry too much.

sooo ... stolen.

C.Mongler

It's 99% fake duderino. There's been a weird uptick lately of new or hacked Amazon sellers putting up highly sought after games and electronics for insanely low prices. It's annoying because I've been trying to cop a copy of Super Bomberman R for 30 bucks or less and every time I go to check the Amazon listings I see there's copies for meer dollars and my heart briefly falls out of my ass in excitement before I realize it's just a baby account with no feedback offering the game for what's obviously a scam. These folks typically have storefronts FULL of items too, I guess to seem like they're legitimate, or in other cases, because it's a hacked account. Check their feedback history. If there's none or no feedback that's been posted in the past 3 months, you're likely SoL.

You're probably protected as a buyer by Amazon however, though your money will be tied up in their system for a couple weeks I'd imagine. I'm not really sure what these scam seller's endgame is to be honest, I'd love to know more. Maybe they bank on some people being lazy and forgetting to do charge backs? Maybe in some rare cases Amazon sides with them for some reason? Maybe they're just mining information (name, address, etc.) for some shady database? I really don't know.

ramparter

Banned
It will be this

2457133-7047424111-Z0053.jpg

Was that the NES RF TV connector ? I still have that somewhere..

ZOONAMI

sooo ... stolen.

Not necessarily. Sometimes people seriously are just dumb. My guess would be they looked at PS4 prices not realizing it was a PS4 Pro. Like maybe their kid bought it without permission but they didn't even bother to look at their bank statement.

You'll run into people selling things that are "new." They probably just consider it basically new and list it that way. You could give them negative feedback over it but if you got a really good deal I might be inclined not to as long as it's in mint condition.

_Nemo

Very likely a scam. There have been a shit ton of these "Just launched" sellers popping up like weeds for the past week. They leech onto existing product listings and undercut the original seller's price by a good margin to attract buyers.

EDIT: Oh and if the above scenario is the case, don't bother even anticipating a box of cockroaches at the least. You haven't been sent anything.

andthebeatgoeson

Even if OP doesn't update, i made some decisions today based on his experience. Bought a wii u charging cord. Saw two sellers on Amazon with 3 reviews for 40 % less and passed. Thanks OP.

Mendrox

The thing though is the person selling it has a vast Amazon store, and seems to be a regular seller.

She's hoping that it's a case that this person bought it for their kid(s), they misbehaved, and now are selling it to spite the kid(s).

Man scamming people is still really easy. Never believe such a reason

Zen Aku

OP is expecting a Switch but plot twist it's going to be a Scorpio with a copy of Halo 6 sent by Microsoft. Next day Microsoft will claim that they accidentally left a it in a bar.

Oopsie.

Create some hype.

Radec

OP is expecting a Switch but plot twist it's going to be a Scorpio with a copy of Halo 6 sent by Microsoft. Next day Microsoft will claim that they accidentally left a it in a bar.

Oopsie.

Create some hype.

Nah, OP will be getting a N
etwork
Switch.

dgs1024dg1image-lside.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom