• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Ha, yeah, I guess that's true. Reigns is probably one of the safest opponents for him in that regard.

Even still, after the stuff about Taker being really hurt backstage after he took that Spear a week or so ago, I'm still worried.

Kind of seems like Reigns has been stiffing people on his spears the past year or two. Like instead of a normal spear that safely aims at someone's stomach he jumps higher to impact their chest.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets injured from that down the line.

Kusagari

I'm gonna laugh so hard if Goldberg is complaining about being miserable and this final match is just another under a minute shitfest.

RBH

Leave goldberg alone!

I can't believe he's miserable working cutting a few promos. Whah a fuck.
I'm gonna laugh so hard if Goldberg is complaining about being miserable and this final match is just another under a minute shitfest.

Context is important.

I listened to the interview on the E&C podcast last week and Goldberg is full of humor and very good natured.

Yes, he said he's miserable cause he's in PAIN getting into "Goldberg" shape at 50 years old.
He's old and injured. He gets those painful deep massages so he doesn't tear every muscle in his body just doing his entrance.
He's worked his ass off to get "the look" again (and, as was previously mentioned in this thread, the guy thinks he still looks like SHIT...Edge and Christian were dumbfounded at that statement).

Overall, this run is worth it for him as he's happy being a superhero to his kid and is also happy about having a good relationship with Vince this time around.
Dads go to great lengths for their kids...this is Goldberg's.

Also, he slyly hinted that Mania won't be a quickie so yeah...he's in total "training sucks" mode.
http://officialfan.proboards.com/thread/556850/goldberg-miserable-absolutely?page=2

jmdajr

He was on Edge and Christian? I didn't know the show already started.

I have had those deep tissue massages. Man they hurt. I was literally bruised after havine one on my quad right above my knee.

But it worked.

jmdajr

Shit I didn't know Goldberg's knees were in bad shape. It not like he wrestled a WWE schedule.

But well...Football.

People complaining about how Goldberg is miserable is lame af. Of course the work and effort he is going to put himself through will make anyone feel like shit. The amount of work he put in to get his body to the condition it is in at his age deserves all the props in the world. It ain't easy. But you marks wouldn't know about any of that since it is simple to type words with your greasy, sausage fingers and complain about everything.

notworksafe

that podcast was certainly enlightening. goldberg put on almost 60lbs in 6 weeks for his return. the eating alone required for that will make anyone feel like shit. he said he's eating 10-12k cals a day...jesus.

also him calling the title "the belt" and then immediately correcting himself was funny.

jmdajr

that podcast was certainly enlightening. goldberg put on almost 60lbs in 6 weeks for his return. the eating alone required for that will make anyone feel like shit. he said he's eating 10-12k cals a day...jesus.

also him calling the title "the belt" and then immediately correcting himself was funny.
My butthole would be wrecked. Christ.

How did he not shit his tights at the Royal Rumble?

somedevil

Final NXT card for Orlando:

Bobby Roode (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon
The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) (c) (with Paul Ellering) vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) vs. The Revival (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder) Triple threat tag team elimination match
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Aleister Black
SAnitY (Eric Young, Killian Dain, Alexander Wolfe, and Nikki Cross) vs. Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose, and Ruby Riot

RBH

HHH interview with Sports Illustrated:

Levesque is tasked with manufacturing an organic brand, which is an enormous undertaking. Take the Roman Reigns conundrum as an example: The handsome, muscular, 6'4" Samoan is vociferously booed by WWE audiences, and there are constant demands from the fans to turn Reigns into a villain. Levesque has a different understanding of the situation.

“People can look at Roman Reigns and say, ‘The failed attempt that is Roman Reigns,’ but Roman Reigns sells tickets,” said Levesque. “Roman Reigns gets one of the loudest reactions every night, whether that reaction is a boo or whether that reaction is a cheer. The fans who say, ‘I don’t understand why they don’t turn Roman Reigns heel!’ Isn’t he already?

“If you believe what you believe, and you’re saying, ‘How can they not turn him heel? There is 70 percent of the crowd booing him out of the building!’ If that’s your belief, then isn’t he already the biggest heel we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he’s a heel. We’re just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him.”

As much as Levesque is reimagining WWE, the internet has changed the entire business of pro wrestling.

“The internet has changed the world,” said Levesque. “We are the most opinionated people in the world now. You can find someone who will agree with you no matter what you think. You just go on the internet and, if you look hard enough, you’ll find someone who agrees with you. Gone is the day that everybody loves this one character, gone is the day that everybody hates this character. If you make a bad guy, there will be a group of people who love that character. He’s Darth Vader, he’s the bad guy, and they’ll love every evil thing he does. If you make a good guy, there are people who will love him, but there is the same group of people who will hate him. The fact of the matter is everybody will look at John Cena and say, ‘John Cena has consistently been this ‘Super Cena’ character and how can they not hear that half this arena hates him?’ You know what we hear? Tickets selling.

“I spoke with John in 2004 when I was going to work with him at WrestleMania, and he was a little bothered by the fact he was getting booed. I said to him, ‘Dude, it’s sold out. What do you care? You are the Yankees and the Red Sox in the same game.’ You cannot dictate to people anymore.”

Levesque’s success as a talent has allowed him to succeed as an executive. He listened intently as the Madison Square Garden crowd went wild over the “Curtain Call”, and he has also heard longtime fans lament that the current product is geared to younger, more casual fans. As a solution, Levesque created NXT. While WrestleMania is set to showcase at least 13 matches, Saturday night’s NXT Takeover: Orlando is a tightly-structured, five-match card.

“Raw and Smackdown have to be pop music,” said Levesque. “They have to appeal to the masses most. There is always a subset of people who’d rather listen to Metallica or Jay-Z, so we give those people NXT and 205. I give them the cruiserweights. Go to the U.K., it’s a different style with different talent. Now you can follow a local talent work his way from the U.K. all the way to NXT and to the main roster. Now you feel like you’re a part of helping that kid succeed.”

Levesque fosters talent growth with NXT, and some of his proudest moments can now be viewed as the talent elevates itself to the main roster and wins WWE championships. The greatest payoff is the celebratory picture with Levesque.
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/27/wwe-triple-h-paul-levesque-nxt-cruiserweight-brands

RBH

20170315_NXTTakeover_Orlando_logo-ebef5094c64513affe86acf94c5c5c57-1068x601.jpg

C8IDlPtUwAQpXAe.jpg:small

C8IEy3LUQAMRNjs.jpg:small

C7kL17KW4AABIGq.jpg:small

C8IBiYKVoAE8Fkm.jpg:small

C8IFsrLUQAEP_AA.jpg:small

NXT tag triple threat will be the best match of the weekend, Unless they give KO vs. Jericho some good time. Neville and Aries will be the 3rd best match.

I don't think Nak and Roode mesh well

I still say this whole "meta heel" thing is the company covering for the fact that they can't make babyfaces the entire audience gets behind (and if they do, they fuck it up), but if they're happy with the money they're making, I guess there's not much to say.
It annoys me to no end that crowds haven't figured it out yet. Don't boo Roman, just be fucking silent. Don't give him the thumbs down, instead be visibly bored.

Vestal

Gold Member
I still say this whole "meta heel" thing is the company covering for the fact that they can't make babyfaces the entire audience gets behind (and if they do, they fuck it up), but if they're happy with the money they're making, I guess there's not much to say.

Its more so that they are not ready to embrace the organic baby face, something like Daniel Bryan or to an extent KO/AJ, and they do their damnedest to put those down.

Toki767

It annoys me to no end that crowds haven't figured it out yet. Don't boo Roman, just be fucking silent. Don't give him the thumbs down, instead be visibly bored.

Yeah seriously. If they really don't like him, any time he's out there, just get out of your seat and leave for a bit.

A semi-empty arena whenever Reigns is in the ring will get WWE's attention and that's something they can't spin on TV.

ReiGun

Well the best solution would be to simply not show up at all. Problem is, I think WWE has hit/is hitting their "floor." That is, the lowest possible number of people who will support their product no matter what. Those kind of loyalists aren't going to tune out no matter what, and they may be okay with that as long as those people are bringing in money.

Its more so that they are not ready to embrace the organic baby face, something like Daniel Bryan or to an extent KO/AJ, and they do their damnedest to put those down.
Which is bizarre, because their two biggest babyfaces, Rock and Austin, were guys who got there organically. Their need to have an iron grip on every bit of their brand and control very little thing is their undoing.

But again, if they're fine with where they're at, so be it.

Chopper

What time does this start and finish in the UK? US time zones confuse me at the best of times, but our clocks just went forward...

klonere

Banned

A Crusix is a word you use when you can't use the word crucifix because you are sensitive to complaints from certain quarters of the viewing audience

People complaining about how Goldberg is miserable is lame af. Of course the work and effort he is going to put himself through will make anyone feel like shit. The amount of work he put in to get his body to the condition it is in at his age deserves all the props in the world. It ain't easy. But you marks wouldn't know about any of that since it is simple to type words with your greasy, sausage fingers and complain about everything.

He's probably got some of the best training, nutrition advice and all the free time in the world to get this done and he's complaining about the fact he might have to work longer than 2 minutes?

Nut the fuck up old man.

He's probably got some of the best training, nutrition advice and all the free time in the world to get this done and he's complaining about the fact he might have to work longer than 2 minutes?

Nut the fuck up old man.

Well Goldberg gets gassed just walking to the ring so 2 minutes of intense workouts would be tough for him. It's why he can only work 30 second squashes.

I wish they'd cut out the hokey supernatural shit, it's still kind of okay (but not really) when The Undertaker still does it but for everyone else it just doesn't work for me due to how the modern WWE product is presented and its already annoying inconsistencies.

NXT tag triple threat will be the best match of the weekend, Unless they give KO vs. Jericho some good time. Neville and Aries will be the 3rd best match.

I don't think Nak and Roode mesh well

That's what I've been saying, WWE doesn't care anymore they consider any noise a victory. Only problem is they'd just turn up the crowd mics to amplify all the screaming women and whatever kids cheer for him.

Also, as for Takeover I've been waiting for Ember Moon/Asuka for over a year now, that's all I'll say about that.

I laughed too much at this visual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom