• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murder on the Orient Express | Official Trailer 2

Link.

What starts out as a lavish train ride through Europe quickly unfolds into one of the most stylish, suspenseful and thrilling mysteries ever told. From the novel by best selling author Agatha Christie, “Murder on the Orient Express” tells the tale of thirteen strangers stranded on a train, where everyone’s a suspect. One man must race against time to solve the puzzle before the murderer strikes again.

In Theaters November 10, 2017

Director: Kenneth Branagh

Screenplay by: Michael Green

Based upon the Novel by: Agatha Christie

Produced by: Ridley Scott, Mark Gordon, Simon Kinberg, Kenneth Branagh, Michael Shaefer, Judy Hofflund

Cast: Tom Bateman, Kenneth Branagh, Penélope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, Josh Gad, Derek Jacobi, Leslie Odom, Jr., Michelle Pfeiffer, Daisy Ridley, Marwan Kenzari, Olivia Colman, Lucy Boynton, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Sergei Polunin

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Still in on this. Looks great. Wondering if they'll try to twist from the original story...

Seesaw15

Good for Michele Pfeiffer making a little comeback.

I'm excited for this film just to see if Daisy Riddle will have a strong post star wars career.

Also Depp needs to lay of the booze. He's starting to get that half melted look.

Good for Michele Pfeiffer making a little comeback.

yeah I've missed her. she was hilarious in mother! too

dunno about this. the Lumet movie was already good, and Branagh's Poirot seems kinda wack tbh. but I really enjoy movies like this and the cast overall is solid so I'm definitely in for a rental or netflix.

Song works way better this time around. Movie definitely has some visually striking shots in it too, whew

I watch the Poirot one from time to time but it'll be cool to see a bigger budget version of this. And I wanna see if they have the stones to mess with a classic ending

berzeli

Banned
I'm wondering if this will be better than Sidney Lumet's version, still looks like Branagh is having fun.
Still in on this. Looks great. Wondering if they'll try to twist from the original story...
I mean, the tagline is "Everyone is a suspect"...

Toa TAK

Banned
That same Imagine Dragons song lol

That said, I’m looking forward to this. I’ll mostly be there for Michelle Pfiefer, though.

GulAtiCa

That same Imagine Dragons song lol

That said, I’m looking forward to this. I’ll mostly be there for Michelle Pfiefer, though.

At least this time they actually made it fit better. Making it softer/header to hear and the music only.

Much better trailer.

Lunaray

Not a fan of the trailer at all. They Guy-Ritchied Poirot. The whole thing seems over-reliant on CGI on spectacle.

Would love a modern Miss Marple movie though.

Not for nothing but this trailer seems to have been cut under the orders "put the Star Wars girl in more shots. Like, way more. Her and Catwoman. And Depp, of course. Make him gross, people hate that guy now."

I hope they didn't just reveal that the suspect is male? Kinda ruins the suspense.

Jesus Christ.

Not for nothing but this trailer seems to have been cut under the orders "put the Star Wars girl in more shots. Like, way more. Her and Catwoman. And Depp, of course. Make him gross, people hate that guy now."

'And don't show DaFoe too much, he keeps doing Netflix movies'

Timeaisis

Well, this trailer was significantly better than the last one. Acting still feels a little stiff, but I'm in. I love a good mystery.

PsionBolt

Song would feel more at home in a Nintendo Switch commercial. Combined with the jump-cut-heavy editing style, the trailer comes off as aiming at a younger demographic than I would hope.

But it's Christie and it's Poirot, so I'm still pretty excited. It's quite a mental hiccup for me to see Hamlet rocking that moustache and playing detective.

I don't hate Branagh's Poirot, but it uncomfortably reminds me of Steve Martin's take on Inspector Jacques Clouseau.

I hope they didn't just reveal that the suspect is male? Kinda ruins the suspense.

giphy.gif

The book has been out for over 100 years and been adapted like five times.

I'm unfamiliar with the story as I've never read the novel nor seen any of its adaptations.

Jesus Christ.

What"Jesus Christ"? What the heck did I say to warrant a response like this?

Steve Martin's take on Clouseau is exactly what it sounds like. and that moustache is terrible too.

you know...I think Cristoph Waltz might have been a pretty good Poirot.

I'm unfamiliar with the story as I've never read the novel nor seen any of its adaptations.

do you normally watch trailers with your eyes peeled to call out anything that might possibly maybe have been a spoiler maybe (kinda?)

Dunno how you missed the tagline saying "everyone is a suspect" then.

I'm just often surprised at how consistent (and consistently annoying) the presence of "boy I hope they didn't spoil X" or "This spoiled everything no need to watch" pops up in a trailer thread for almost anything.

I wasn't quite expecting it here. In a thread about Murder on the Orient Express. And yet here it was.

Oh, I thought Bobby's reaction was because literally every human being over the age of 20 knows what the twist of the story is, because it's one of the most famous kinds of twists of all time.

I mean, it's partially that too, but I don't think it's out of bounds that people might not know, especially if the film is being aimed at a younger demo than Poirot normally gets aimed at.

But it's mostly the other thing.

I know the story, and don't worry; nothing was spoiled. In typical Poirot murder mystery fashion, you'll likely suspect everyone right up until the actual solution is revealed.

do you normally watch trailers with your eyes peeled to call out anything that might possibly maybe have been a spoiler maybe (kinda?)

Dunno how you missed the big letters that popped up saying "everyone is a suspect" then.
At the 29 second mark of this trailer, it presented as if the person that committed the murder is male, which is why I made the statement hoping they didn't reveal the gender of the killer.

I know the story, and don't worry; nothing was spoiled. In typical Poirot murder mystery fashion, you'll likely suspect everyone right up until the actual solution is revealed.
Thank you.

At the 29 second mark of this trailer, it presented as if the person that committed the murder is male, which is why I made the statement hoping they didn't reveal the gender of the killer.

Did you not watch the rest of the trailer before commenting then? I don't get it.

If you watch trailers while that sensitive to the mere possibility someone accidentally allowed the movie to be spoiled in the commercial (which is almost always a thing you can't actually know until you watch the other 118 minutes of it to find out if you were, in fact spoiled) why would you keep watching trailers?

As a longtime huge fan of Christie's works, I don't have a lot of faith in this adaptation. Hoping Branagh proves me wrong. Cast is mostly fantastic.

How do you know that the gun being fired is the murder? You see Depp pull a gun out later, for one.

I don't know for sure if that's the case but I was just going by how the sequence leading up to the murder was edited. I also missed Depp pulling out the the same gun model, thanks for pointing that out.

Top Bottom