• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Marvel Comics Digital Sale on Amazon - lots of stuff 90% off

Ooooo, the Coates Black Panther run. Is there a large collection?

I need to check this sale out from a desktop later... my crusty ass phone is not making this easy.

So far I bought

World War Hulk
Weapon X

Which Planet Hulk should I get, I've been meaning to read that for years

Edit - Found it

Pau

Well if I'm ever going to jump into digital comics, now's the time. But I can't convince myself to pull the trigger knowing I'll want to get the physical version anyways. :(

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Any Star Wars trades worth getting? There is a near infinite number of them seemingly and I am so lost.

Ronin Ray

I have a stupid question but there is no way to add these to the cart before buying? I would like to see my total before pulling the trigger

For some additional information that may be clear up some stuff:

Comixology was bought by Amazon so they are now linked. If you have an older Comixology account you should log into that and link it to your Amazon account. After that you can use your Amazon account on the site and all your books will be available on the Kindle app and the Comixology app. Also note that you may be blocked from buying comics via the Comixology app. I'm not sure of the reason for this, if it's Amazon or Apple but them's the breaks I guess.

Amazon Prime or KindleUnlimited (separate things) users should check to make sure they don't already get certain volume's for free. Things like this Ms. Marvel volume are denoted as "included in your prime membership" so make sure you don't buy them with that so easy it hurts to use 1-click to buy button. You can click the Read for Free button and then deliver to your kindle or kindle apped device. I don't know what this looks like since I don't have my iPad on me.

Also amazon has a book in the series button that let's you see the whole list so you can see the runs and different volumes in the whole series.

That reminds me. Tablets are amazing comic reading devices. In fact they are amazing book reading, gaf browsing, and video watching devices. Toss your tiny ass phone in the trash and experience the true comfort, ease, and fidelity of a tablet powered comic experience (pls don't throw your phone away).

Well if I'm ever going to jump into digital comics, now's the time. But I can't convince myself to pull the trigger knowing I'll want to get the physical version anyways. :(

When they're similar in price that's been my big issue but at this price I can't say no to tons of the "wait for sale" titles I wanted to read anyways.

Pau

What's the best way to get New Mutants? Seems like they came out with an "Epic Collection" but it's an awkward break compared to the original volumes they were doing.

When they're similar in price that's been my big issue but at this price I can't say no to tons of the "wait for sale" titles I wanted to read anyways.
Yeah, I'm trying to find stuff that I'm okay with not having in a physical edition or just isn't quite possible.

I got these so far guys, never read any before.

• Infinity Gauntlet
  • Runaways Vol. 1: Pride and Joy
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe
  • Deadpool: The Adamantium Collection
  • Vision Vol. 2: Little Better Than A Beast (Vision (2015-2016))
  • Vision Vol. 1: Little Worse Than A Man (Vision (2015-2016))
  • Wolverine: Weapon X
  • Wolverine: Old Man Logan
  • Thor Visionaries: Walter Simonson Vol. 1
  • Thor: God of Thunder Vol. 1: The God Butcher
  • Thor: God of Thunder Vol. 2: Godbomb
  • Ms. Marvel Vol. 1: No Normal
  • Ms. Marvel Vol. 2: Generation Why
  • Ms. Marvel Vol. 3: Crushed
  • Ms. Marvel Vol. 4: Last Days

Still going to pick up few volumes of Ultimate Spiderman. Any other recommendations for a newbie?

Metalmarc

I'm noticing that some of these are free with a Prime membership. Is that normal? I was never aware.

Yes some graphic Novels you can borrow for free, usually volume one, you dont keep it though, either you have to be a prime member to borrow it for free or a kindle unlimited member to borrow it.

jayvo

WOOOO LETS GET IT

don't be, that's what we're here for.

do you have any characters or genres you are in the mood for?

I tend to enjoy comics like she-hulk, alias, red sonja (although not Marvel, I know). But I'm open to experience other things, especially with these prices.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

• Infinity Gauntlet

Still going to pick up few volumes of Ultimate Spiderman. Any other recommendations for a newbie?
Get all of Hawkeye by Matt Fraction

That goes for everyone, really, but it's very accessible and good. One of the best runs they've published imo and many Marvel series after tried to copy it in many ways. It's a must read.

Slept on this sale last time and regretted it. So, picked up Deadpool Adamantium, Vision 1 & 2, and 1602 for my freebie. Anything else I should jump on? I'm interested in anything that has a metaphysical spin, or more psychological heady titles. Eyeballing Lemire's Moon Knight for instance. Also interested in Iron Fist.

Gah, after buying a couple of books yesterday, I went apeshit over my lunch break.

Hickman FF run
Ms Marvel volumes 1-7
Dr Aphra vol 1

First chunk of Lee/Kirby FF
Whedon X-Men
Morrison New X-Men
Simonson Thor run
Miller Daredevil

First few are stuff I haven't read, rest is some key titles I used to own physical copies of back in the day.

Fuck, I ended up spending a shit ton on these.

• Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Vol. 1
  • Punisher Max: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
  • Marvel 1602
  • Hulk: World War Hulk
  • Infinity Gauntlet

• Astonishing X-Men, Vol. 1: Gifted
  • Uncanny X-Force Vol. 1: Apocalypse Solution
  • Uncanny X-Force Vol. 2: Deathlok Nation

• Hawkeye Vol. 1: My Life As A Weapon
  • Hawkeye Vol. 2: Little Hits
  • Hawkeye Vol. 3: L.A. Woman
  • Hawkeye Vol. 4: Rio Bravo

• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1: Power & Responsibility
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2: Learning Curve
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 3: Double Trouble
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 4: Legacy
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 5: Public Scrutiny
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 6: Venom
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 7: Irresponsible
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 8: Cats and Kings
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 9: Ultimate Six
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 10: Hollywood

I think I'm done now. Debating on if I should go for the rest of the Ultimate Spidey or finish of these first.

Any other recommendations?

flkraven

My haul so far (first comic purchases in years):

Astonishing X-Men Vol 1-4
Spider-Man: Died in Your Arms Tonight
Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth
Spider-Man: Dying Wish
Superior Spider-Man (Vol 1-6) (All these Spidey's bc I've always been intrigued about this Doc Ock storyline)
Infinity Gauntlet
Spider-Gwen Vol 0 (the art looks awesome, lol)

Anything else I should grab for CHEAP?

Ponn

Banned
I already bought everything in the last sale. I'm still waiting for that DC similar fire sale but I feel its not going it happen. I mean, its Batman Day/Week and they have a Marvel sale.

Same suggestion as last time though

BUY HICKMAN'S SECRET WARRIORS PEOPLE!! Criminally overlooked, especially if you enjoy Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Alright, out of work meetings and ready to SPEND MONEY.

Seriously tempted to re-buy stuff I have hardcovers of just to have them in portable, but that's dumb.

OR IS IT?

Alright, out of work meetings and ready to SPEND MONEY.

Seriously tempted to re-buy stuff I have hardcovers of just to have them in portable, but that's dumb.

OR IS IT?
It isn't. I have shelves of these nice oversized hardcovers I'm not touching anymore because of Comixology.

The double dipping began five years ago as benign "what stuff do I really want available to me at all times?" questions.

I'm currently browsing for stuff I don't have digitally.

Top Bottom