• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Looking for a new stick. How are the Real Arcade Pro series from Hori? The Pro.V Hayabusa looks good. Can I trust these not to have cable/PCB issues like the Mad Catz TE2?

I've also seen the Real Arcade Pro 4. Kai. Is it better than the Hayabusa?

Edzi

Looking for a new stick. How are the Real Arcade Pro series from Hori? The Pro.V Hayabusa looks good. Can I trust these not to have cable/PCB issues like the Mad Catz TE2?

I've also seen the Real Arcade Pro 4. Kai. Is it better than the Hayabusa?

Anything hori is good. The Kai sticks have more space between the stick and the buttons.

I bought one of those for my brother. I would tell you how much he likes it if he ever picks up the package.

I'm going to have a look at them. In the mean time, I'm thinking of getting a replacement USB cable for my Mad Catz stick, as the rest of it is still in good condition.

I had another question, or questions for those in the know in this thread. Is Jasen'sCustoms a reliable site for parts? In need of a new cable (and metal panel as my current one is bent somehow) for my TE2+. If it's a reliable site, will the following products be what I'm looking for?

Pro Cable Kit with TechFlex USB Cable

Mad Catz TE2 Panel Replacement Kit

Yes Boss!

Bought one of these locally since I wanted Sanwa buttons. Honestly, a bit of a letdown because it is creaky and flimsy at the bottom. Definitely should have gone with a Hori. Otherwise a pretty neat design if not all that great.

7nzt5DJ.jpg

So I think I already have an issue with the HORI RAP I got....It happens every couple of minutes...but the whole thing will be idle and suddenly on my screens just that it think's I pressed up twice quickly. My cursor or menu selection always go up by themselves. Doesn't seem like too big a deal but if it's happened before I might RMA it.

kingbean

Bought one of these locally since I wanted Sanwa buttons. Honestly, a bit of a letdown because it is creaky and flimsy at the bottom. Definitely should have gone with a Hori. Otherwise a pretty neat design if not all that great.

I had to put a small strip of velcro (the soft side) on the right of the lid to keep it from squeaking and now it's my favorite stick. I've got the panthera though, not that it's any different.

LegendX48

Man, I don’t need a new stick but the hori n and qanba obsidian are tempting me lol

Already have a rap 4 kai so I’m leaning toward the obsidian but are both good/is one better than the other?

Man, I don’t need a new stick but the hori n and qanba obsidian are tempting me lol

Already have a rap 4 kai so I’m leaning toward the obsidian but are both good/is one better than the other?

I've got the Obsidian. Love it. Super solid, and that metal ball top feels great. It's one of my faves now.

Hassun

Neo Member
So I updated the firmware on my Razer Panthera using the little updater Razer released and now when I try to play SFV on PC the game does not recognise that there is an arcade stick connected at all. It doesn't even ask to remap the buttons.

What's wrong?

P.S. I did already try re-installing the x-input driver you can download from their website.

I'm going to have a look at them. In the mean time, I'm thinking of getting a replacement USB cable for my Mad Catz stick, as the rest of it is still in good condition.

I had another question, or questions for those in the know in this thread. Is Jasen'sCustoms a reliable site for parts? In need of a new cable (and metal panel as my current one is bent somehow) for my TE2+. If it's a reliable site, will the following products be what I'm looking for?

Pro Cable Kit with TechFlex USB Cable

Mad Catz TE2 Panel Replacement Kit

While I haven't personally bought anything from him, I have heard good things about his stuff. I might get have to get me one of those cables soon.

Seyob

You have some on Amazon.co.uk
If you want to import you can go with Amazon.co.jp who sends directly to the UK but you'll have to pay VAT upfront.

Shifty

any where to buy any arcade sticks in the uk, whats are shipping costs like with play asia ?

Not that I've been able to find, and stock seems to be getting more limited ever since Madcatz shut down.

I've had to resort to paying through the nose to get one from Amazon, or waiting for something good to appear on eBay. That happens more often than you'd think though- I've managed to score three MadCatz Fightstick Pros (solid stick with sanwa parts, very good bang for your buck) for a decent price that way over the years.

In fact, there's a prototype white model on there for £89 at the moment if that's your kind of thing. It's about £20-30 more than the average price for a regular model, but that seems fairly reasonable for rarity tax.

Shifty

Totally regret selling the madcatz stick now.

One thing i never liked about madcatz sticks was they the buttons wobbled if u get what i mean. The V hayyabusa looks smexy.

These any good ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RZ7T8N6/

In my experience fightstick buttons are always a little loose if you lightly put your finger on them and wiggle left and right, I figure it's to allow for less friction in the press action.

The Hori RAP sticks are good- I actually use the massive Premium VLX one as my go-to these days. The Hayabusa hardware is essentially Hori's own version of the Sanwa JLF / OBSF stuff in the Madcatz sticks; the stick spring is a bit lighter and the buttons are a bit springier, but it feels quite similar. The build quality is good too.

Shifty

Can't seem to get my TE2+ PS4 version to work on Killer Instinct on the PC. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Steam or Windows Store? You can probably use something like x360ce to map the PS4's DirectInput protocol to XInput if you have the Steam version.

As for the win store / UWP version, since that stuff is more locked down you'd probably need something like DS4Windows that spoofs XInput on the driver level. I don't know for sure though, I tend to stay away from microsoft's app ecosystem.

GreatnessRD

Anyone know where I can get some amazing custom art for my SFV TE2 fight stick? I wanna start playing on it even though I prefer controller, but I think if I see Bison on there I'll want to use it more, lol

orborborb

You can use an Xbox One stick on back compat(360) titles right?

Last I heard Xbox One sticks don't work in any game that hasn't explicitly added support for them. I couldn't figure out whether the two games I wanted to play, Cuphead and Raiden V, had support so I got an adapter for my PS4 stick instead.

Hey guys,

My Xbox 360 SFIV Madcatz TE stick was working perfectly yesterday on my PC, but today it isn't working any more :(.

I tried it on both of my PC's, and it doesn't work on either. The green light is intermittent- it is off for awhile, and then comes back on with a solid green circle, and then it goes off again. At no point is the stick recognized by my PC as even being plugged in.

Any idea what I should do? Does it sound like a fixable problem, or will I need a new stick? I put a silent sanwa stick and buttons in here that I will want to use no matter what happens.

If I need a new stick:
I haven't paid any attention to the arcade stick scene in like 10 years when the TE came out. It seems like there are tons of options now.. what is a good stick that will work on PC, and allow me to easily swap in the silent stick and buttons without soldering?

Hey guys,

My Xbox 360 SFIV Madcatz TE stick was working perfectly yesterday on my PC, but today it isn't working any more :(.

I tried it on both of my PC's, and it doesn't work on either. The green light is intermittent- it is off for awhile, and then comes back on with a solid green circle, and then it goes off again. At no point is the stick recognized by my PC as even being plugged in.

Any idea what I should do? Does it sound like a fixable problem, or will I need a new stick? I put a silent sanwa stick and buttons in here that I will want to use no matter what happens.

If I need a new stick:
I haven't paid any attention to the arcade stick scene in like 10 years when the TE came out. It seems like there are tons of options now.. what is a good stick that will work on PC, and allow me to easily swap in the silent stick and buttons without soldering?
Razer Panthera, you could easily swap out parts and play on PC.

Gamegeneral

I'm gonna be needing to upgrade my current stick (The Hori fighting stick mini - I bought it cuz it was cheap and i just wanted to know how fighting with a stick felt). Right now thing I care about most is no stick wobble when I let go, and a wider distance between stick and buttons, since holding my hands that close together at that angle isn't comfortable for very long. PS4 and PC functions are necessary, additional consoles are just a bonus if possible.

What do you guys suggest?

Really want to replace my shit MadCatz Alpha stick with a proper full size stick, and I love the Etokki Omni because it's so clean, minimalistic and the build quality (metal case) is so much better than the plastic alternatives.. but $250 😩

Are there any other metal case sticks around? The new Hori FE is the same price with shipping and that's only a metal face plate, so maybe the Etokki isn't that expensive in the scheme of things after all?

Last edited:

Rigbaby

Neo Member
Here is a custom GG stick I recently put together for a customer. MESSAGE IF YOU WANT MORE DETAILS.
Hard Maple casing
Solderless PS4 board
Solderless LED RGB mod
Sanwa 30mm and 24mm w/ Sanwa JLF
qXLAnbkl.png

P30YkLKl.png

ybKfX1Ll.png

QMtP5rFl.png

4Yp6Uxdl.png

Last edited by a moderator:

anzhar

Mod note - personal ebay links are not allowed as they violate the terms and conditions against self promotion.

Please feel free to list things to sell in the buy sell trade thread. Then you can make a link from this thread to that one if you want. But you cannot link to your ebay page.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
I'm curious about the current's neogaf users' arcade sticks. I know Marksman doesn't post here anymore but what about the ones who are still here?

I have had my SCV mad catz for not sure how many years, but have never messed around with it much, so these theses as I started to be more active in Fight N' Rage and Under Night in Birth, I decided to do some changes. I've opened it for the first time to change the balltop that I bough some weeks ago, and it was a small feat, but enough to raise my interest in modding it further.

5XAsA4z.jpg

I started to learn PS to do this stick some Justice in terms of art (not that I don't like the current one, but it is bland and I'd rather have something else).

Still undecided on some designs which I will post later

Last edited:
The RAP4 is my day to day stick for PS4 & PC fighting.

wFXDyv9.jpg

The custom is my pride and joy, modded for PS4, 360 & PC. It's not far off ten years old at this point.
qFlTOAa.jpg

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi vewlix hori are awesome, wish they were affordable enough for me right now. Even the rapv here in Brazil increased in price, so I'm holding off to see what I do. I may build a acrylic one in parallel to modding this mad catz, but even doing so would be expensive as I will probably have to buy the Brook universal board anyway.
The RAP4 is my day to day stick for PS4 & PC fighting.

wFXDyv9.jpg

The custom is my pride and joy, modded for PS4, 360 & PC. It's not far off ten years old at this point.
qFlTOAa.jpg
They are both awesome, but this custom is outstanding. I see the resemblance to the mad catz line (very similar to mine). How do people do these push button with art inside? Haven't found any tutorial on it yet, but it may be very stressful and draining to do so

Top Bottom