• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

valouris

shock, awe, etc.

image.php

sry couldn't resist

Seriously though, don't think this will change anything for him unfortunately

TheJoRu

Can someone explain why this PewDiePie guy is popular in the first place? When first hearing of this dude I looked up some of his videos. What's the appeal? He's not funny or clever. His videos are just him talking. I don't get it.

He made videos of him playing horror games and screaming a lot.

Tagyhag

He has a huge following with kids. Definitely not something that should be brushed off in my opinion.

Parents should do a better job being parents.

That said, yes this was stupid as hell and dude should be dragged down. (He probably won't be)

Alienous

Imagine having such a casual use of the word that it would slip out when your dayjob is livestreaming to the world.

There's too much smoke for him to not be an awful person fire at this point.

Chille

Lol I've heard people say alot worse when they are frustrated in pvp especially with first person shooters. Though for me I normally just run around screaming shit oh shit as I get shot.

Champion

I'm not even going to respond to the hand wavers. Just going to take note of who is downplaying this and keep it moving.
noted-ryan-the-office.gif

Can someone explain why this PewDiePie guy is popular in the first place? When first hearing of this dude I looked up some of his videos. What's the appeal? He's not funny or clever. His videos are just him talking. I don't get it.

IIRC he was one of the first Let's Players and being there since the inception you gain a fanbase that doesn't go away even after better less assholish folks come along like Markiplier or the Super Best Friends

dan2026

Pewdiepie is rich though, you can get away with anything horrible when you are rich.

Look at Hulk Hogan, he said it and got richer.

I bet YouTube won't ban him. You don't ban popular rich people.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Dude is such a fucking piece of shit.

I don't think his defense force will be here for this one. at least I hope they won't.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I'm sure he didn't lose any fans that stuck with him since the Nazi stuff. He is still one of the most influential media personalities and the most influential new media personality.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Not going to defend him but youd be surprised how often this happens in Europe especially in countries with no black people. There is literally no understanding of the context, its just a word you hear in music and movies.

There are plenty of African immigrants in Sweden, they aren't some rare mystical people we've never seen or interacted with before.

That's a shitty argument you have there and you should feel bad.

horkrux

He could have at least apologized immediately afterwards, but he probably thought it was a funny slip-up... a slip-up delivered in the most natural way possible.

smh

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guess he's just trying different hats, right? We're probably at the point where Youtubers should be considered racist and misogynist by default, unless proved otherwise.

Piers

*youtuber says something racist/misogynistic/lgbtphobic*

tenor.gif

Yeah, intentional or not this topic feels like a pointless magnet for PC outrage.
It's not to justify PewDiePie's act there but this news seems like it can't hold much water for debate after the other shit he's manage to get out of.

WonderzL

Banned
it's simple really: he has found a market. being a pseudo-nazi is giving people money. see ian miles.

there are lots of nazi nerds out there being exploited. he won't listen to any of us because that's the business he is working on right now

Sarobi

Banned

There is an audience for everything. His audience is into his "edgy" personality, and find his random yelling to be funny.

The way he said it was what surprised me. I mean had he said it casually in replacement of the word "bro" I would have moved along but he actually says "fucking n*****". I don't even hear black people use it in that way.

Yukinari

I would give pewdiepie the benefit of the doubt if it was a Maximillian situation where its obvious he didnt mean to say it but that isnt the case.

Even still Max came here and posted apologizing for his mistake. Pewdiepie wont.

D i Z

That wasn't a slip. Racism doesn't just slip out. It's not some shit that you accidentally do. If it ain't in you, it's just not going to happen.

Hates blacks, hates jews, hates jesus...Nothing surprising here, this dude always came off as a massive asshole and I don't know why he was every popular. Those words naturally roll out, the only accident was that it finally happened live, I'm sure he says it all the time.

Well his videos are all fairly well edited, and a lot of people enjoy his type of humor i guess.

BiggNife

Mods please let jeenaudx post a rebuttal before banning him because I wanna see how the hell he tries to dig him out of this one

Bet 20 bucks he uses "I'm not racist but"

gossi

Are we sure it's him? Multiple people are on the stream party chat.

Not defending him btw. Just want to make it's him talking.

True Fire

Came out like he's said it a thousand times.

I despise him more than I ever have.

He has said it a thousand times. It's a regular part of his vocabulary. There was a #PewdiepieIsOverParty the last time he used the N Word, but everyone forgot about it pretty quickly.

Maybe the WSJ will hold him accountable. But that would just give h3h3 and Philip DeFranco an excuse to complain about MUH FREE SPEECH again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom