• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasarts has a second project, an FPS(Other than SW:1313)

Yeah I'm sure it's Clint's. With him leaving I have to imagine it was cancelled.

Edit: oh this was posted this month so I guess not

Clint joined the FPS (or the open world game, LucasArts was doing three projects) after it had been in development for a year (two maybe? not sure).

Shiggy

18_char_gulliverrujr3.jpg

What is was this?

cacildo

Never forget to be careful with the 1313 hype.

I remember when Lucasarts showed some "miraculous new engine" and what we get was The Force Unleashed

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Three projects—1313, the FPS, and an open-world RPG (the project Hocking just left). There was also some incubatory stuff that didn't end up panning out, if memory serves correct.

beat

Three projects--1313, the FPS, and an open-world RPG (the project Hocking just left). There was also some incubatory stuff that didn't end up panning out, if memory serves correct.

So what happened to the project Hocking left?

Derrick01

Banned
All I'm interested in is this supposed open world RPG that Clint was working on. I had high hopes for it until he left.

antonz

Its Lucasarts people. They dont give a shit what the fans actually want made. They make whatever they want regardless of what millions of fans ask for.

Lucasarts is one of those companies that are so frustratingly stupid. They more than most others have it so easy on what to make yet they delibertly make it so damn hard.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
So what happened to the project Hocking left?
As far as I know it is still in development.

Could be some 2006-2008 prototype. Gulliver?
11_env_gulllabi0bfl.jpg
Lucas did tons and tons of internal IP incubation in an attempt to move beyond Star Wars and Indiana Jones and create their next great multimedia franchise encompass games and films. Nothing really ever came out of that, though. (IIRC Lucidity came from something else entirely.)

Apparently the new president of Lucas cancelled the Force Unleashed 3 because of something along the lines of not believing it was a "90+ Metacritic game." I guess that is what they're going for these days?

gabbo

As far as I know it is still in development.

Lucas did tons and tons of internal IP incubation in an attempt to move beyond Star Wars and Indiana Jones and create their next great multimedia franchise encompass games and films. Nothing really ever came out of that, though. (IIRC Lucidity came from something else entirely.)

Apparently the new president of Lucas cancelled the Force Unleashed 3 because of something along the lines of not believing it was a "90+ Metacritic game." I guess that is what they're going for these days?

How many presidents is that this year?

ekim

Here are more infos about the game:
http://benretan.com/games/

- Player locomotion and weapons SCRUM pod leader
- Balancing weapon range, damage, functionality
- Tuning controls for aim assistance on console controllers
- Writing Unreal Script and native code to support player locomotion
- Setting move speed and determining navigation metrics
- Contributing to weapons and firing systems design and engineering
- Developing training to teach design concepts and technical skills

At least this is what ben retan is working on for the game.

Alienups

Kote!
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.
Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.
Bal...
Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
Aruetyc talyc runi'la solus cet o'r.
Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
Aruetyc talyc runi'la trattok'o.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an!

There's nothing in there indicating Republic Commando, just what we know: Star Wars FPS

It's what I choose to believe.

I just want a new RC, is that really too much to ask? Was one of my most played games on the OG Xbox, for it not already have had a sequel is as crushing as Panzer Dragoon not having a sequel.

It's what I choose to believe.

I just want a new RC, is that really too much to ask? Was one of my most played games on the OG Xbox, for it not already have had a sequel is as crushing as Panzer Dragoon not having a sequel.

Crimson Dragon is a thing, so there's a spiritual sequel.

Republic Commando is not coming back, the brand is too old to do a direct sequel. They could easily pull off a reboot / spiritual sucessor, but there won't be a RC2.

Crimson Dragon is a thing, so there's a spiritual sequel.

Yeah, it looks cool but I'm not all that interested in it unless it has controller support. It's almost like a slap in the face, here's your PD 'sequel', but wait, you need Kinect to play it. :/

Republic Commando is not coming back, the brand is too old to do a direct sequel. They could easily pull off a reboot / spiritual sucessor, but there won't be a RC2.

I'd be down for a reboot. I just need another RC game.

Top Bottom