• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg im sooooo glad they didn't have Rowena stay a damsel-in-distress. I yelled "my girl!" when she fucked Lucifer up lol

that momma winchester stuff at the end was pretty powerful :(

I feel like Dean's face after his mom left. The show was incredible with the mom dynamic in play. I don't like this change and I wish something like this would have stayed. It changed the show for the better but now it is back to the same ole same ole.

bleh.
I really hope she spends like 2-3 episodes max away from the screen because the new family dynamic is refreshing

I may be a little late but Mark Sheppard is a drummer? Had no idea.
So is Craig Ferguson. In fact, Ferguson and Peter Capaldi were in a band together.

e130e974a731d0d97d224cf4ba956eb6.jpg

It's like they wrote in mamma Winchester just so she can play the part of a mid-season breakup to return 2 episodes later instead of the typical Sam/Dean split/reunion.

I was down with Castiel and Crowley play detective though.

Media

Finally got to see it.

My random thoughts:
Rowena is a badass
Beyonce and Jay-Z 5eva
Mom is having a weird new life crisis
"Everyone you love leaves." IS likely what was going through dean's head right there.

On the subject of Rowena, how is it that Supernatural constantly creates bad guys we grow to adore?

Timeaisis

I literally just finished season 4 of this show and I gotta ask...

It's been very central plot focused the past season. Does it continue to be more and more single story centric or does it still have one off episodes? I realized I'm still only at the beginning for all intents and purposes, but I'd like to know.

I'm a fan of the monster of the week type stuff, the storyline is interesting enough but it gets tiring after a while.

It's been very central plot focused the past season. Does it continue to be more and more single story centric or does it still have one off episodes? I realized I'm still only at the beginning for all intents and purposes, but I'd like to know.

I'm a fan of the monster of the week type stuff, the storyline is interesting enough but it gets tiring after a while.
The story stays the central focus basically from Season 4 onward there are still one off episodes but expect alot of story stuff still.

Media

The huge overarching plots that culminate in 4 and 5 are the end of the big main story that started in season one.

After that, each season tends to have a main plot, but there are more standalones yes.

My main problem with Rowena was that she was always chasing the power other players had even though she was plenty powerful herself. It's like girl, you ain't need Lucifer! It was most eye-rolling when she was hooking up with some normal dude for his money. I feel with her powers money should be no object. I was satisfied to see her smack Lucifer down in the latest episode.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Makes sense that she left, the writers were probably too stuck figuring out how to progress the plot while writing an entirely new dynamic.

Hopefully the next time we see mary she'll be acting like a person and not like some shell of a person.

Rowena is getting better every time, I was really getting tired of her basically moving the plot along by screwing things up for everyone.

That recap, I have completely forgotten about the psychic ability thing. Tough to remember everything from all these seasons sometimes.

Assuming this has to do with what happened to Christ. If so the nails went through His wrists, not His palms. If it was the palm it would have tore while hanging.

Unless maybe they're like the group that crucifies themselves?

Edit: O nvm. That twist.

Also poor Dean :(. Dude is hurtin

Am i totally off base or did the psychic girl look sort of like cara delevingne?

I dunno about Cara, but the whole time I couldn't stop seeing live-action Jill Valentine from RE1.
302278-residentevil23.jpg

I was so disappointed by what happens to her in the end of the episode. I was hoping she would use her powers to turn the gun on the killer.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I dunno about Cara, but the whole time I couldn't stop seeing live-action Jill Valentine from RE1.

I was so disappointed by what happens to her in the end of the episode. I was hoping she would use her powers to turn the gun on the killer.

I thought that was what was going to happen too.

God. Cant unsee now.

Lyonaz

I'm sad they killed off Psychic Girl, damn you Supernatural and killing off female characters, don't you dare touch Mary though!

Also we need another episode with sheriff Mills and sheriff Donna.

Goldrush

Snickering a bit during the episode because Sam conveniently forgot to mention that Psychics get their power from demon blood and that he was the devil himself for a bit.

Media

Finally got to watch it. That was hardcore damn.

'That doesn't make me the Devil!' actually Sam, it kinda did for awhile.

That episode was sad as hell. I wish Katch hadn't killed her. She deserved a life among our wayward daughters for the shit she went through.

An angels daughter, a vampires daughter, and a psychic all raised by Jody fucking Mills, yes please :(

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
OMFG this the plot to Jason Goes To Hell!!!

I wonder if Hitler will turn into a huge bug.

This episode was stupid and fun in all the best ways. It's not an all time great, but I still loved it.

Again, I am biased towards supernatural nazi stuff.

Looool Dean rejecting pie and then looking at it all guilty for denying it.

And then him with the grenade launcher super happy. Until Sam crushes his dreams :(.

Hitler is too cheerful...I'm scared
Edit: nvm

Looool Dean rejecting pie and then looking at it all guilty for denying it.

And then him with the grenade launcher super happy. Until Sam crushes his dreams :(.

Hitler is too cheerful...I'm scared
Edit: nvm

Dean has earned all the pie he wants after that.

And I am disappointed that Dean didn't bust out the grenade launcher to blow up Hitler. It would have been a perfect finale to it to have him literally blow Hitler up.

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
Dean and those antique ships lllloooollll :D
I wanna see Dean use that grenade launcher, gonna be awesome and also......
Dean has now killed both Death and Hitler let alone all the other evil stuff....impressive resume Dean :D
Hitler......very weird/hilarious interpretation....lol

Numb

I was dreading the british guy showing up and murdering the survivors again
England better mind their own goddamn business
Cas got nuke powers but loses to some brass knuckles? smh

Not really in this case, the knuckles had anti-angel runes on them. We got a very specific shot of them.

Is this from the latest episode? I haven't gotten to see it yet. I just remember him getting bodied by the bodyguard lady with them, and though it did show runes, it didn't specifically say they were anti-angel. In any case his powers are constantly up and down. Did they explain why demons have teleport powers still but not angels?

Is this from the latest episode? I haven't gotten to see it yet. I just remember him getting bodied by the bodyguard lady with them, and though it did show runes, it didn't specifically say they were anti-angel. In any case his powers are constantly up and down. Did they explain why demons have teleport powers still but not angels?
Metatron destroyed all the angels' wings, so they can no longer teleport.

And, runes or not, Cas needing Dean to help him push the car to the side of the road is another example of how weak angels are now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The Cas vs Brass Knuckles thing was in episode one. Cas wasn't even in this last episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom