• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volunteer Fire Chief calls Steelers coach Mike Tomlin a "no-good nigger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Pennsylvania fire chief said he is "embarrassed" for using a racial slur while lashing out at Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin on social media.

The Steelers didn't take the field during the national anthem before Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears. In response, according to WTAE, Paul Smith, chief of the volunteer fire department in Cecil Township, targeted Tomlin, one of the NFL's seven black head coaches.

"Tomlin just added himself to the list of no good N—–," Smith wrote in a Facebook comment, according to the station. "Yes I said it."

Smith did not return a call from The Washington Post on Tuesday.

But he criticized his own actions in a statement to WTAE, saying: "I am embarrassed at this. I want to apologize. I was frustrated and angry at the Steelers not standing for the Anthem. My FD had absolutely nothing to do with this. I am deeply regretful at what I posted."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/09/26/fire-chief-embarrassed-for-calling-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-the-n-word-over-anthem-protest/?utm_term=.f3f04a5e9baa

I like it when racists talk like they did in the 60s. Unambiguously.

Mike Tomlin wasnt even protesting the anthem either.

But he criticized his own actions in a statement to WTAE, saying: "I am embarrassed at this. I want to apologize. I was frustrated and angry at the Steelers not standing for the Anthem. My FD had absolutely nothing to do with this. I am deeply regretful at what I posted."

Oh no no no no no no. No need to be apologetic. Its much nicer to hear the truth than the "disrespecting the flag/military" stuff. Refreshing almost.

slit

Who the fuck cares about that stupid anthem!?! Get over yourself

Aiii

So not worth it
You took your patriotism too far America. Nobody should get this upset when people don't stand up for your anthem or pledge allegiance to a piece of printed cloth.

That said, fuck racists and whatever excuses they want to pose for their bigotry, you do not use racial slurs because you are ”upset". You use them because you are a cunt.

The combination of economic anxiety and seeing the flag disrespected does strange things to people.

"I am embarrassed at this. I want to apologize. I was frustrated and angry at the Steelers not standing for the Anthem."

So was it adding Tomlin to the list or was creating such a list in the first place what came out of anger and frustration?

WsVdlFh.gif

mjc

His response is such dogshit.

"I never wanted to bring the firehouse into this"

Well, it reflects on your job and your community. Nice job dipshit.

Socivol

The thing about it is he tries to play it off that he did it "because he was anger" so my question is anytime you get angry you become racist and start calling people niggers?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Such a shame that the people on his side are so anti free speech, I'm sure there will be plenty of condemnation.

Any day now.

Here's my problem, if you weren't a racist in the first place why the fuck would you just go there.

Like, when I get angry I don't call inanimate objects, other players in video games, or other people the n-word.

Like, unless you are racist dipshit I don't think anyone with a modicum of intelligence would ever say that word unless describing it, and by describing it as a racial slur and why it is bad. Even then I don't think you need to say the word, a simple "n-word" would suffice instead of saying the actual word.

But, what alarms me even more is the number of racist stupid motherfuckers we have working in emergency services, and how much of that has effected their treatment of other people in their line of work which is saving lives.

I can fucking guarantee you it has. Fuck this piece of shit, when you get angry with someone the first word that comes out of your mouth shouldn't be the n-word. It shouldn't be any word that comes out of your mouth ever.

You know what I'm ranting, but I've had a terrible fucking day dealing with white people saying dumb fucking shit and I'm tired of it.

I know it is only going to get worse, but it doesn't make me feel any less shitty about everything that is happening, has been happening in this god awful shit country.

SaviorX

It makes me wonder if in moments of peril, do these racist 'authority' figures hesitate when minorities are the ones reported to be in danger.

If I've seen it once, I've seen it 1000 times. All these efforts towards the "defense of free speech" is really just a euphemism for spewing hate speech and bigotry without consequence.

The veil has long been lifted on this nonsense.

For some reason, his wording of 'embarrassed' makes me more angry about it.

You don't accidentally use a word you've never said before when angry.

Mael

I wouldn't want to live in the area this fire chief operates in.
Who knows if he wouldn't a house or 2 burn to get rid of no-good people.

NoName999

This poor man is suffering from economic anxiety. We need to sit down and talk to him, coddle him, and tell him that he's still a good person!!!!

Jmille99

Woops. Embarrassing when racism just "slips" out. Im sure this man has a black friend, so he isnt racist. Just...angry.
/s

gdt

THe power of the president is amazing.

Says some random shit in a speech and the nation is losing its mind.

Scary with Trump in office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom