• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks thread of Famitsu Sex

Chinner

Banned
jarrod said:
Yeah, Capcom isn't making Dead Rising 2 for Wii. Then again, they're not making Dead Rising 2 at all, Blue Castle Games is. :lol
I've heard this as well. They've only made three games and they're all sports games. I think it would be reasonable to say that unless they're getting assistance from Capcom then the chances of DR2 supassing DR are quite limited?

Link

The Autumn Wind
jarrod said:
Huh. Looked to me like you were trying to lead by example.
I don't see how my stance has changed at all.

jarrod said:
grandjedi6 said:
I think its time to start accepting that Japan (and the broader development community too) aren't jumping onto the Wii full throttle like alot of people have been expecting.
Yeah. Japan seems content jumping onto DS, but the broader development community seems to prefer jumping into bankruptcy.
How come you agree with him so easily, but argue with me over the exact same conclusion?

jarrod

Banned
Link said:
How come you agree with him so easily, but argue with me over the exact same conclusion?
Probably because he's correct, and you're not. Do we really need to get into this?

Really Happy Atlus are developing for the 360. Hopefully it's the next SMT. I'd have been fine with PS3, 360 or better yet both, but i realize that with the market the way it is, the Wii's pull might have been too strong for them to resist.

Link

The Autumn Wind
jarrod said:
Probably because he's correct, and you're not. Do we really need to get into this?
Apparently we do, because I don't see how what he said is any different from what I'm always saying in regards to Japanese developers/publishers supporting the Wii.

jarrod

Banned
Link said:
Apparently we do, because I don't see how what he said is any different from what I'm always saying in regards to Japanese developers/publishers supporting the Wii.
The Japanese aren't overlooking Wii in favor of HD consoles, they're just overlooking Wii generally. Looking forward though, Japanese HD support looks to have scaled down to mainly 2D shooters, ADV games and outsourced/western catalogue sequels.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ok, but even with outsourcing, they're still putting some kind of resources toward HD consoles, while not even giving that kind of luxury to the Wii. Plus this issue mentions future HD games from Bandai-Namco, Atlus, Koei, and From. Even if every one of those games is outsourced, that doesn't change the fact that it's still support of the HD twins over the Wii.

jarrod

Banned
Link said:
Ok, but even with outsourcing, they're still putting some kind of resources toward HD consoles, while not even giving that kind of luxury to the Wii. Plus this issue mentions future HD games from Bandai-Namco, Atlus, Koei, and From. Even if every one of those games is outsourced, that doesn't change the fact that it's still support of the HD twins over the Wii.
Sure, but we're talking in regards to Japan. What's more meaningful, a multiplatform Dead Rising 2 from Vancouver or Monster Hunter 3 exclusively? What "luxury" is being extended HD-ward that Wii's missing out on exactly?

All those developers you've mentioned also have internal Wii projects in the wings too, so where's this "over the Wii" coming from? Bottom line is, Wii's JP commitment looks a whole lot better today than it did 3 years ago. Can't say the same for the HD twins.

starsky

Hwang Seong-Gyeong said:
Too much goodness, I hope to god the Sega game is Jet Set Radio. I'd kill anybody for that.

This is too good to be true, I think :(.

I'm really glad to read this news, thanks for the translation. It's good to hear that Namco is happy regarding ToV sales and I hope they bring more JRPG goodness. And Atlus!

Jonnyram

Barkley's Justice said:
the fact famitsu gave demon's soul a 7, 7, 6 and 9 illustrates to me how out of touch and isolated the japanese media appear to be.
I think it actually shows that you just don't understand the Famitsu review system. The scores mean that 1 person loved it and the others thought it was just ok.

lupinko

Barkley's Justice said:
the fact famitsu gave demon's soul a 7, 7, 6 and 9 illustrates to me how out of touch and isolated the japanese media appear to be.

The critic who gave Demon's Souls a 9 in that famitsu panel also happens to be a King's Field fan, so there's your reasoning for the 9.

Barkley's Justice said:

How, exactly? Seems to me that in order to know if a reviewer is out of touch or not you need to actually play the game being reviewed. Have you?

Link said:
Plus this issue mentions future HD games from Bandai-Namco, Atlus, Koei, and From. Even if every one of those games is outsourced, that doesn't change the fact that it's still support of the HD twins over the Wii.

'over the Wii'?

Famitsu 360 wasn't very well going to mention those companies saying 'yeah, we're also working on Wii games'.

It's extremely premature to think that a company revealing they're going to develop some titles for the 360 means that they won't develop any titles for the Wii.

Is there a name yet for the Sunday x Magazine PSP fighter? Also who is shown this week? I heard reps from Get Backers, Law of Ueki, and Samurai Deeper Kyo but I know there were more shown.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Dante said:
Is renting it going to somehow bypass the install?

No but if I don't own the game I won't feel compelled to forever have another 5gb eaten up by a single game. I replay my games so no sitting through a 20+ minute install multiple times is not a option! Same reason I'll be renting MGS4 instead of owning like I do the others in those series.

g35twinturbo said:
:lol

sega C?

SEGAC! Its a pet name the PSU community has given Sega due to their many goof ups hehe

Wii support from Japanese devs is fine. In fact, it is accelerating. Wii already "stole" two major flagship titles from other consoles in the past 4 months alone. Most will inevitably follow.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
titiklabingapat said:
Wii support from Japanese devs is fine. In fact, it is accelerating. Wii already "stole" two major flagship titles from other consoles in the past 4 months alone. Most will inevitably follow.
I hope not.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
schuelma said:
Well, if they don't move to Wii they're still probably more likely to go handheld than HD.
Why must everything be on Wii? I have Wii and I don't want everything on the system. I just don't get that mentality.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Error said:
Why must everything be on Wii? I have Wii and I don't want everything on the system. I just don't get that mentality.

I wasn't saying everything would or should go to the Wii. Not at all.

cvxfreak

titiklabingapat said:

Are you talking about DQX? It's not like that's effectively been a Sony franchise since 2004. I think there's been a DQ game every year the DS has existed except 2004.

The other one is... Sengoku Musou 3?

TreIII

cvxfreak said:
Are you talking about DQX? It's not like that's effectively been a Sony franchise since 2004. I think there's been a DQ game every year the DS has existed except 2004.

The other one is... Sengoku Musou 3?

Well, I guess the only thing is that, the stigma about DQ is, the console that gets it, has pretty much cemented its role of being "Japan's champion".

And Monster Hunter 3 is more likely what he's talking about.

Any way...I guess I must be the only one cheesing it up in delight over the new Goketsuji (Power Instinct/Matrimelee, any one) 2D fighter? Atlus wants to join the 2D fighter revival too, and I have no problem with that! :D

neo2046 said:
new wii games news that I think no people will care and no need to open a new thread :lol

doala de Wii
http://www.tera-box.jp/doala/
PV http://youtube.com/watch?v=fSCff4geHeU&fmt=18

おきらくすごろくWii (wiiware)
http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/sugoroku/
PV http://youtube.com/watch?v=_rd4nIR4Rvk

wachu talkin about? Who wouldn't be intersted in this:

WIII.png

Top Bottom