• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Evil Within 2 / Psycho Break 2 in production

Fisty

Previous job listings on the Tango website called for knowledge of Unreal 4. Hoping that's where TEW2 finds its home, honestly.

Yeah considering how much outsourcing had to be done with TEW1, I'm hoping they made the switch to Unreal and can handle most of the labor themselves this time.

I just realized that Halloween is on a Tuesday this year.

Now look at the dates on that job listing. Last date is 10/31.

Oh my fucking god holy shit dick fuck are we getting The Evil Within 2 on Halloween this year??

PLEASE.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

jryeje29

Awesome game it was the best horror game out at it's time imo. Really gotta find some time and go through it again. Glad their making a sequel.

Jawmuncher

The Prey recently, seems bethesda might be trying to go for the reveal and release within a year thing. Seems like a trend a lot of pubs are hoping for.

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Rpgmonkey

Nice, I really liked the first game and it was the type of game where the flaws are unambiguous enough that I think a sequel can make a lot of nice improvements.

If anything since the job is for translation and Q&A, I think that'd suggest the game is to be finished by October and released in November or later (could also be early 2018). They aren't needed for the whole development cycle and all that.

As Tango's new game has been in the works for over two years though, there is a chance it might release this year, but it could also be they're looking for temp contract work. Regardless if this is real or not, whatever game they've been working on (which is probably TEW2 based on some other factors even outside this rumor) likely will be revealed this year. With it now just being in development for over two years it's probably getting closer to done and in a showable state.

Right now my giddy self just wants to believe that the date for this listing is the way it is just in case a day one patch is needed. I'm just going to cross my fingers for now.

I personally would like to see TEW2 release in October/close to Halloween. The first game came out on the 14th in 2014, and it was perfect. People want spooky games at that time of the year. If it comes out in November or even into the winter, it almost feels like it missed the boat in a way.

86 days until the Bethesda E3 conference.

Not sure what you're on about, mate. The PS4 version got patched over a year ago.

I am aware. The black borders weren't the issue. The performance was.

It is the only game on PS4 I own where the performance is unacceptable. And I have a lot of games.

I ended up rebuying the game and all its DLC on Steam, but haven't managed to start another playthrough yet. I understand that Boost mode should help the PS4 version too, but that is no excuse.

Jinroh

I forced myself to finish the first one a few days ago, and the only thing I'll remember is that it's one of those games where mediocrity flirts with genius.

The game has everything to do well, but it's held back by an insanely frustrating gameplay filled with cheap deaths. Dying because you sprint for 3 seconds and your character has to pause and stop moving for a while while being pursued by a monster drove me to scream in front of my screen.

They really need to make more efforts for the sequel and change the engine the game runs on.

Gurish

After Doom they have no excuse, I want much better visuals (tech wise, art was awesome) and much better fps, the first game was a technical mess for no apparent reason as it wasn't doing anything impressive at all.

myco666

I am aware. The black borders weren't the issue. The performance was.

It is the only game on PS4 I own where the performance is unacceptable. And I have a lot of games.

I ended up rebuying the game and all its DLC on Steam, but haven't managed to start another playthrough yet. I understand that Boost mode should help the PS4 version too, but that is no excuse.

It really isn't unacceptable. Played it last year on PS4 and it is pretty much constant 30fps with some minor drops. It is pretty much something I would describe as 'okay' performance overall. The early chapters have bit more drops from what I remember.

After Doom they have no excuse, I want much better visuals (tech wise, art was awesome) and much better fps, the first game was a technical mess for no apparent reason as it wasn't doing anything impressive at all.

They modified the engine as far as I know since they wanted specific style lighting that the engine couldn't produce. This makes the engine not work so great. Might remember totally wrong though.

Dusk Golem

Spoo

IIRC they were forced to use the older RAGE engine, and it didn't have dynamic lighting which was something they wanted/needed, and so that entire technology was built around the idea of being hard-wired for a specific kind of game at 60 fps and they ripped it to shreds.

Not sure if there was good Japanese documentation/support for them either, so while it was a mess, not sure if it was for no reason. Just a really bad choice that leads to a bad consequence.

The first game was a horror masterpiece and the first true successor to RE4.
To say I'm hyped is an understatement. I just hope Mikami is directing it.

What's this new IP?! First I've heard of it

Sci-fi game, called Starfield, developed by Bethesda Game Studios. From their statements, Bethesda has ramped up enough to allow multiple games in production, which wasn't possible before. Could be released this year, depending on how long it's actually been in development, but the rumors have been around since 2014, so it's certainty plausible we could see release this year. Not much more is known.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Fully expecting Bethesda to show off The Evil Within 2 and the new Wolfenstein game at their E3 press conference in June.

Can't wait for The Evil Within 2. Loved the first one and for me personally, was better than RE VII which fell off in the final third of the game worse than TEW did.

If this comes out before the end of 2017, man oh man, is this year going to be the best year ever in gaming for me personally. Woohoo!!!

Dantooine

Banned
I really liked TEW a lot. Obviously it suffers from performance issues and I think the controls were janky. It needed another 6 months to make it solid. They have to get that right this time.

I actually liked the city stuff. I think the whole "Saw" / "Hostel" grimey underground lair has been done to death in horror games. Set it in a hotel like the Shining, that would be amazing. Or even better, have the whole game take place in a mansion, like the best chapter of the original game. Loved the gunplay and Agony Crossbow.

No forced walking, not unskipable cut scenes and a more straight forward story that doesn't get in the way of the gameplay. Mikami directing - keep the guy who did the dlc away from this (there was no combat in the dlc except for a couple of encounters, yet the combat in the main game was fantastic)... and single player PLEASE. Protecting Joseph was a pain on Nightmare and Akumu.

Jinroh

PC version ran great.
It runs like dog shit. Forced borderless fullscreen and insane framepacing even at 60 fps. The camera movements constantly stutter and the game never feels smooth.

I don't really consider that running great.

-MD-

It runs like dog shit. Forced borderless fullscreen and insane framepacing even at 60 fps. The camera movements constantly stutter and the game never feels smooth.

Use a gamepad.

?? Sounds like your settings are messed up, man. I've never had this problem on PC, and I also have 100+ hours just on that version alone.

Afraid of what my total playtime looks like over both PC and PS4. So much of my life given to this game.

How does it change the fact that the console versions ran bad?

Except the snarky, it ran great on PC?

Console version runs fine post-patch, at least on PS4. I'm not sure where all these complaints are coming from, unless the last time you guys played it was pre-patch.

Also gotta remember that this game was a cross-gen release. It was going to have issues no matter what. Sequel won't have that problem.

massucci

Banned
It really isn't unacceptable. Played it last year on PS4 and it is pretty much constant 30fps with some minor drops. It is pretty much something I would describe as 'okay' performance overall. The early chapters have bit more drops from what I remember.

They modified the engine as far as I know since they wanted specific style lighting that the engine couldn't produce. This makes the engine not work so great. Might remember totally wrong though.
O.O no it's not. I loved the game (though never finished) but it's far from pretty constant 30 fps. That's not too far distant to the JC3 fps mess.
Console version runs fine post-patch, at least on PS4. I'm not sure where all these complaints are coming from, unless the last time you guys played it was pre-patch.

Also gotta remember that this game was a cross-gen release. It was going to have issues no matter what. Sequel won't have that problem.
The last patches just give the option of the full screen setting. Performance has never been fixed. You can check the last DF video with the boost mode comparison. Fps is absymal.

The last patches just give the option of the full screen setting. Performance has never been fixed. You can check the last DF video with the boost mode comparison. Fps is absymal.

I literally never encountered a problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some copies of the game were botched products, though. Constant crashes and performance problems on some discs, whereas my PS4 copy never crashed once, nor did it ever stutter or freeze, not even on day one. Just lucky I guess.

Jinroh

Use a gamepad.
I'm using a xbox one elite controller. I didn't know it wasn't considered to be a gamepad! And I'm glad to learn it fixes frame pacing issues.

For people who want to try to be serious 2 minutes, there are whole threads about it on the internet.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/268050/discussions/0/617330406660849021/

It's a known issue and people saying they don't have this problem are just like people who say they don't notice it on Final Fantasy 15 or Bloodborne. Because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

Top Bottom