• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier: Automata PC performance thread

Danneee

I guess I'll be picking up the PS4 version then. My 1060 can probably run it as well as my Pro but crashes and bugs are things I really don't want to bother with.

UrbanRats

4K with 2xMSAA

nierautomata2017-03-1lus0k.jpg

nierautomata2017-03-1b6s35.jpg

nierautomata2017-03-17bsy4.jpg

nierautomata2017-03-15bs2a.jpg

Shot of cutscene (doesn't look prerendered to me but maybe I need glasses)

nierautomata2017-03-1rustr.jpg
No way that cutscene is at 900p.

bbd23

hate how my screen goes black after changing every single graphics option.

and yea i have 1080p selected but it clearly isn't...going to see about the GPU settings stuff.

Cindered

Neo Member
its the full screen btw , leave it in window mode and use the borderless gaming it works much better

anyone knows why my ps4 controller doesn't work with this game i thought steam supported it natively.

The steam overlay needs to hook in to the game. So if you've got no overlay, there's the problem. You might need to disable something else that's hooking into the game like RTSS if that's the case.

Game seems pretty demanding. I can play 1440p on my 1070 but any higher definitely hits the framerate. This is maxed Btw.

I tested 5k and it runs at 22fps lol

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Just so you guys know, the scenes that segue into gameplay are realtime, just like that first one in the screens above. But they are very small and minimal, right before that is a prerendered cutscene as 2B breaks through the wall and hits the ground, right after she brings out her sword, the scene cuts to real time to make the same seem like its seamlessly transitioning to gameplay

Airan

1080p with GTX 970, 2xAA. Runs great! I'm feeling some drops but that may be just me. I turned off Ambient Occlusion just in case.

Some weird settings shenanigans when changing the graphics options, where the fullscreen option keeps reverting to Windowed. And Steam's overlay doesn't get properly rescaled when changing resolution. Other than that there hasn't been any real problems, so it gets two thumbs up from me.

Shari

Running at 40fps-ish on average for me with a (laptop) 1060. My settings aren't even particularly high.

I dont understand how is this possible considering this GPU is better than a 970 and there are users with that one reporting 60FPS at 1080p with High Present.

Something's wrong.

Hatty

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Nevermind, that was only the beginning intro cutscene over the water and not the 2B intro. The rest is prerendered unfortunately.

yeah, figured...pre-rendered scenes are so annoying...i get it must cut down on optimization time to just make a movie file and put it in the game, but stiil

Nzyme32

the pre-rendered ones, yes. They are also 1600x900 resolution.. even on the ps4 pro. They were made for the regular ps4.. which runs the game at 1600x900.

That's incredibly annoying. Even my 16:10 1680x1050 monitor is higher resolution at 16:9, and that's pretty ancient.

Could somebody report that 3440x1440 works please?

I'm hearing stuff on steam that going borderless window changes the contrast or something? Is that true?

Momentary

Banned
I dont understand how is this possible considering this GPU is better than a 970 and there are users with that one reporting 60FPS at 1080p with High Present.

Something's wrong.

Maybe someone running a 970 can post a picture of in-game action with an OSD up.

Corpekata

Banned
The cut scenes look awful, even ignoring they are 900p/30 fps. They don't feel like they are even actually 30 FPS. Maybe it's just the jarring switching around, but they feel awful. Feels like something is wrong.

low-G

Yep, it's running < 1080p for me too even when set to 1080p. Tried a few things. Broken aspect ratio. Screws up my desktop after exiting due to not actually running in 1080p.

So... guess I'll be refunding. What with my new VR setup I was fairly unlikely to play a lot of this right now anyways.

manoelpdb

Neo Member
I am so sad :(
I think this is a poor port guys. Really. Ok, my specs are not high as expected, at least not the GPU (940m, 2GB), but I'm getting 10fps with graphics options in LOW quality. I can play games like MGSV with medium-low graphics at 40~60fps. Saddly I'll need to refund the game. Im so sad coz I was very hyped to play :(

Setsuna

Hmmmmmmm

1440p gtx 780 at minimum settings has the framerate at 30fps

1080p gtx 780 has the game hovers at around 55 fps

Also as soon as I finish the first stage boss. My screen freezes

Gren

Shame about there being so many prerendered cutscenes. Anyone willing to check what file format they're in? If they're .wmvs or .biks or something, at least I may be able to replace them if outright removing them crashes the game.

Lime

Shame about there being so many prerendered cutscenes. Anyone willing to check what file format they're in? If they're .wmvs or .biks or something, at least I may be able to replace them if outright removing them crashes the game.

.usm format

KainXVIII

They weren't kidding with the system requirements this time, it seems. My 660 is far below the 'minimum' spec of a 770, and it runs in the single digits, even with everything on low. If you've got an older GPU like me, you're probably going to want to stay away until you can manage to upgrade.

i5 4670k 3.4ghz
GTX 660 2GB
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Don't run game in borderless windowed mode, it tanks fps even more.

Hatty

The cut scenes look awful, even ignoring they are 900p/30 fps. They don't feel like they are even actually 30 FPS. Maybe it's just the jarring switching around, but they feel awful. Feels like something is wrong.
Yeah they don't look 30fps
I'm tempted to rent the PS4 version to see if it's this bad there

Shari

I am so sad :(
I think this is a poor port guys. Really. Ok, my specs are not high as expected, at least not the GPU (940m, 2GB), but I'm getting 10fps with graphics options in LOW quality. I can play games like MGSV with medium-low graphics at 40~60fps. Saddly I'll need to refund the game. Im so sad coz I was very hyped to play :(

Sorry I dont think you are in a position to evaluate if this is a good port or not. MGSV is arguably the best performing game of the gen for it's graphics and you've got a really weak-ass GPU.

Your fps might not even be a clock problem but rather a VRAM problem. 2GB is really low for 2017 standards.

If someone brought your hype up knowing you've got that GPU it ain't a very good friend, sorry.

Top Bottom