• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZIMA RETURNS - The Zummer of Zima

MrDaravon

Make sure everybody has Zimas!
panaka1.jpg

LOL

cakely

For those that care this is like a "Beer Clear" SNL skit gone awry. They couldn't sell it then and now they're trying to sell it entirely on the power of irony.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I just now looked at the website. Jesus that's amazing.
JiTS8Xl.gif

Makes me wish we still had moving avatars.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i bought a 6 pack the other day.

shit is straight piss water. i was disappointed with myself afterward.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just had my first Zima last week.

It's not terrible. I never drank growing up, so I had never tried it before. Will probably buy another 6.

E: Also I hear you are are supposed to put jolly ranchers in them?

E2: Also Oreo O's are back. Just FYI.

SDCowboy

Well guys I tried...

I went to BevMo, and they were sold out. The guy checked the computer and told me every BevMo in the city is sold out.

Then I Went to Wallyworld and I they didn't have it either.

I give up. I don't care that badly to keep looking. lol

I bought a 6 pack. Equal parts curiosity and to annoy my wife.

It's ok. It has that weird vomit taste like all the sugary malt beverages have. I've had worse, though.

Ozium

Well guys I tried...

I went to BevMo, and they were sold out. The guy checked the computer and told me every BevMo in the city is sold out.

Then I Went to Wallyworld and I they didn't have it either.

I give up. I don't care that badly to keep looking. lol

Where is this? Did you try the tracker on the website? It should pinpoint the locations.. Call before you go up there... This shit is the Nintendo Switch of malt beverages.

I need to try and go to another store after my Zubaz are done drying.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I used to drink it straight but it's not a very good flavor. The citrus is nonexistent. Why would I ever drink it now over a hard lemonade or cider? Aww who am I kidding. I don't drink any of those things anymore when there's beer.

Yeah it tastes like club soda spiked with carpet shampoo. I never knew it was supposed to taste like "citrus " till just now.

Alcoholic Sprite sounds pretty great

Yeah no it's nothing like that. Not even the same continent.

naib

I can almost recall the aftertaste, still. This stuff showed up in my fridge sometimes when I was young and spry.

One of only a few alcoholic beverages that's safe from me no matter how desperate I am.

But yeah. I'd buy a 6'er for novelty's sake.
and quietly judge my SO based on her reaction to it

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Found some at the local Waldemart. A quick review:

Color: Very clear
Smell: No distinct smell. Smells slightly of cheap malt liquor
Taste: No flavor to speak of, tastes very very vaguely of cheap malt liquor
Why you would drink this: There is no reason to drink this.

Nydius

Holy hell the memories of college flooding back. Had one guy on our hall who thought he was cooler than everyone else because he would only drink Zimas with Jolly Ranchers and Life Savers shoved in it. To hear him tell it, beer was for plebs. I will never forget the day we got him to drink ACTUAL liquor. Absolut Vodka, to be precise. Sir Doucherton couldn't manage two shots without being completely FUBAR. No wonder he just walked around sipping Zimas.

And being 21 on campus in a co-ed dorm, having girls ask you to buy Bartles & James wine coolers and being gullible enough to do it for.. uh.. reasons.

You know what, these memories kinda suck.

Late Edit:

I feel like the mid-90's through very early-00's were a weird time in the beer/malt beverage world. Lots of weird concepts showing up, most of which were just bad.
Not just Zima but stuff like this:
tequiza-1.jpg

Dishwalla

Banned
I remember sneaking a bottle of Zima from the fridge in my teens, just remember it tasting like a wine cooler. Guess I'll seek out a sixer and try it again.

Top Bottom