• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

Flume EP is out now :) https://open.spotify.com/album/3dbaMkITsRRtXN7YQFt9by

New Cashmere Cat track is out too. Hmm, it's decent. Different for sure, just not sure how I feel about it, doesn't really feel like it ever amounts to a whole lot. Again I haven't been blown away by most of the tracks from the upcoming album which is too bad, everything just feels okay.

I think the problem is he relies a little too much on vocals in his vocal tracks... Like, he makes some incredible instrumental shit, but doesn't really balance the two when it comes to his vocal collabs. For example in this case it feels more like a Camila Cabello single, but Cashmere Cat just happened to produce it. It'd be nice if he showed a little of his own production independently in the songs.

Cashmere Cat & Camila Cabello - Love Incredible

Can't wait to check out that EP tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder bro! I recently found out about Mazde and man he's got this certain style to him. I might be late on him but this track hits me in the tingly spots ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9bmuOl7QN4
Great track, thanks for sharing

subwilde

Flume EP is out now :) https://open.spotify.com/album/3dbaMkITsRRtXN7YQFt9by

New Cashmere Cat track is out too. Hmm, it's decent. Different for sure, just not sure how I feel about it, doesn't really feel like it ever amounts to a whole lot. Again I haven't been blown away by most of the tracks from the upcoming album which is too bad, everything just feels okay.

I think the problem is he relies a little too much on vocals in his vocal tracks... Like, he makes some incredible instrumental shit, but doesn't really balance the two when it comes to his vocal collabs. For example in this case it feels more like a Camila Cabello single, but Cashmere Cat just happened to produce it. It'd be nice if he showed a little of his own production independently in the songs.

Cashmere Cat & Camila Cabello - Love Incredible

Great track, thanks for sharing

Wow, this is fucking good. thank you for sharing!!!

I think Depth Change is my favorite track so far :) Lovin' the companions that have come after the album. I think it's such a great idea.

Glad you guys liked it! Here's another I've been diggin' that just came out.

https://soundcloud.com/autografmusic/nobodyknows

cdyhybrid

Apparently Resistance is teaming up with Carl Cox in the megastructure at Ultra this year. Hopefully that means we get a separate stream of just that stage again and I don't have to miss Carl Cox because he's not on the main stream :O

Aomber

Apparently Resistance is teaming up with Carl Cox in the megastructure at Ultra this year. Hopefully that means we get a separate stream of just that stage again and I don't have to miss Carl Cox because he's not on the main stream :O

That would be great. I'm really hoping they stream a good amount of Justice on the main stream, Ultra can get annoying with the way they cut up artists

Aomber

Calvin Harris just posted this. Coming soon I guess

UF3ceIs.png

Ashhong

Super disappointed by that lineup..if Illenium was playing on Saturday I would go for him and Markus but alas...I guess I will save my money

Also, am I missing something with the Calvin Harris? Are you guys just big fans or am I missing something specific that I should be hyped about

Aomber

Well, here it is, this is probably the best song The Chainsmokers have ever done. Which isn't saying much because it's the absolute worst song Coldplay has ever done. This is literally just a coldplay song with a shitty chainsmokers drop. Boy is this terrible, would have actually been a decent song were it not for some certain involvement.

Morbid curiosity always gets the best of me with these guys, I don't know what I expect or why I even post about their music, we all already know it's gonna be bad lol.

The Chainsmokers, Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Aomber

EDIT: I got sort of hyped at first hearing this song, but honestly, after listening a number of times I'm not a fan. It's more Zeddish than a lot of his work from 2016, but I can't help but feel like he's making an effort to chase after a "Closer" sound. I'm pretty tired of him following trends. He really doesn't need to do that to stay relevant, he's got a distinct enough sound where he could have the freedom to craft successful pop songs that aren't just FOTM sounds. I know for a fact that Interscope is not holding back his creativity either as he's said on many occasions.

Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h--P8HzYZ74

Also, breaking news:

NASA announce they've found another planet full of DJ's

Ashhong

I'm traveling right now so I can't comment much but HELL YEAH dude this is the best song Zedd has released in a very long time. It's future bass, sure, but instead of being generic it's actually got a nice unique style with some great music behind it. This is a great start to the year for him

Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h--P8HzYZ74

Also, breaking news:

NASA announce they've found another planet full of DJ's

Are you the one that said Illenium was generic future bass? Because...this seems way more generic to me..Still enjoyed it tho

Chainsmokers drop is probably their worst drop in a long time. Straight up boring. Whole thing is down there with Paris for me.

Digging the new Laidback Luke tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92iZId9iPs

Aomber

Are you the one that said Illenium was generic future bass? Because...this seems way more generic to me..Still enjoyed it tho

Chainsmokers drop is probably their worst drop in a long time. Straight up boring. Whole thing is down there with Paris for me.

Digging the new Laidback Luke tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92iZId9iPs
EDIT: you know what, after sitting on this one, here's my conclusion. It's got some "Zedd sound" to it, which I really like and haven't heard much of this past year, BUT... The hook is basically "Closer - the chainsmokers". I mean, it still sounds cool the way he tied the verse into it, but the thing that made me pick up on that is that the hook has a VERY similar chord progression to Closer. And I gotta say I'm a little tired of Zedd jumping on whatever sound is the hottest thing.

That being said, it's still a pretty well crafted pop song, it's better than Closer that much is certain. The thing is, I get frustrated with Illenium because while I think the music itself is decent, I haven't heard anything from him that shows a distinct sound nor a nice song structure. The drops are very often the same and always feel shoehorned into songs that don't really need a drop - there isn't anything about the sound design/selection thats different to a ton of other artists right now. That chainsmokers song is actually a great example, it would be an otherwise decent Coldplay song were it not for a forced edm drop.

I don't know if I explained that perfectly, but anyway I'm really specific about what I find good and this is obviously just my opinion. Will take a listen to the laidback like track when I get the chance 😊

Dany

Banned
Well, here it is, this is probably the best song The Chainsmokers have ever done. Which isn't saying much because it's the absolute worst song Coldplay has ever done. This is literally just a coldplay song with a shitty chainsmokers drop. Boy is this terrible, would have actually been a decent song were it not for some certain involvement.

Morbid curiosity always gets the best of me with these guys, I don't know what I expect or why I even post about their music, we all already know it's gonna be bad lol.

The Chainsmokers, Coldplay - Something Just Like This

This is literally just like their other garbage singles.

Aomber

Listened to the new Calvin Harris song. Really liking the vibe of this track! Calvin seems to be going in a much more relaxed direction for this next album (which these past three singles are clearly leading to), it's like "if tropical house was actually good", he's got a great ear for production and writing. I really like that he's just doing his own thing and still absolutely dominating charts with his own sound, for example that Rihanna track was incredibly successful but there wasn't anything quite like it at the time of release. Also Frank ocean's vocals are fitting for the feeling of the song,

The one thing I don't like however are the vocals from Migos. I thought the rapping was kind of weak, and I can't stand R&B vocals that are really aggressively auto tuned - I understand it's an effect, it's just one I personally have never found to be appealing. It's kind of the same reason I wasn't huge on the last Major Lazer track, the production was great but those type of vocals are just such an immediate turn off. Off the top of my head, I would have preferred to have seen a duo between Frank Ocean and a female singer with a high vocal range, that might have fit the song a little bit better.

DMczaf

Went to Alan Walker's first leg of his tour at Intrigue last night. Really dope set, he's a much better live DJ than I thought he would be.

Can't get enough of Alone and Faded remixes.

Man.. Seven Lions' progression is so sad..

Miss that melodic dubstep

i actually like that he is trying 'new' things even if it doesnt really sound new to other people. why do the same thing over and over for years when you can grow as an artist? \\\\
Plus his remix of my favorite song gives me chills every time.
Ferry Corsten - beautiful (seven lions remix)

I think this artist has grown - Arty. absolutely love listening to his podcast now. love open mindedness perspectives.

Ashhong

i actually like that he is trying 'new' things even if it doesnt really sound new to other people. why do the same thing over and over for years when you can grow as an artist?
Plus his remix of my favorite song gives me chills every time.
Ferry Corsten - beautiful (seven lions remix)

I think this artist has grown - Arty. absolutely love listening to his podcast now. love open mindedness perspectives.

Arty was shit for years. His return with Alpha9 and his new music seems to be good though. I used to love him so I hope he can make good music again

some of it I guess, but it's just missing something

Hmm not sure what's missing. Rush Over Me is classic Seven Lions, even though it's featuring two other producers. Love it

Arty was shit for years. His return with Alpha9 and his new music seems to be good though. I used to love him so I hope he can make good music again

Hmm not sure what's missing. Rush Over Me is classic Seven Lions, even though it's featuring two other producers. Love it

I really enjoyed arty around 2010-2011ish before i stopped djing and keeping in the loop with every release.

His hey now remix made me have some nostalgia.

Ffwd to today i dip into his podcast cause its a mix of everything now. I enjoy variety.

Ashhong

I really enjoyed arty around 2010-2011ish before i stopped djing and keeping in the loop with every release.

His hey now remix made me have some nostalgia.

Ffwd to today i dip into his podcast cause its a mix of everything now. I enjoy variety.

Yea that's around the time he was getting big and popular. WHo can forget Rebound? And his remix of Anphonic was beautiful

subwilde

Anyone seeing Bonobo on his upcoming tour? He's one of my favorite producers of all time but I was hoping he would do an orchestra live set or something instead of a DJ set. Although I would prolly go to either one I guess I'd prefer the live stuff lol

Top Bottom