• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yeef

All I see is something that's not a map or a hat, a movie we've been waiting 5 years for, a blog, and a repeat from last year.

I'm not complaining or attempting to say that their updates aren't enough for me by any means. I'm just keeping my expectations for updates this year low.
You haven't been paying attention then. They've been working on a new game mode for like two years now. All signs point to it being added in the next major update. Whether or not the game mode ends up being any good *cough*PayloadArena*cough* is yet to be seen, but adding a new game mode is still a "big update."

Javaman

It's been five months since the last "major" update (although I personally consider the Uber Update to be the last major one, Manniversary, Halloween, and Christmas were just UI and sparse item updates). According to TF2.com, 2008 had three major updates, 2009 had five, 2010 had six, and 2011 had six. By this time, 2011 had two major updates. 2012 currently has zero. We know that the Saxxys and Pyro updates will be this year, and there will of course be Halloween and Xmas updates again.

In short, GIMME DA UPDATE

Halloween updates can go fuck themselves. I never want to play the game less than when those hit.

Forkball

You haven't been paying attention then. They've been working on a new game mode for like two years now. All signs point to it being added in the next major update. Whether or not the game mode ends up being any good *cough*PayloadArena*cough* is yet to be seen, but adding a new game mode is still a "big update."

Payload arena? Where do I sign up?!

The new "raid mode" really seems like some sort of tower defense game ala Monday Night Combat, Dota, Dungeon Defenders etc. Honestly I would be a bit disappointed if true since there are already a multitude of games with that mechanic, so I hope they have a really interesting twist to it.

One mode I'd like to see in TF2 is something similar to conquest in Battlefield, where there are multiple cap points, but they do not go in a straight line, you can cap any one at any time and after you either capture all points or hold points for a certain amount of time, you win.

Yeef

Payload arena? Where do I sign up?!

The new "raid mode" really seems like some sort of tower defense game ala Monday Night Combat, Dota, Dungeon Defenders etc. Honestly I would be a bit disappointed if true since there are already a multitude of games with that mechanic, so I hope they have a really interesting twist to it.

One mode I'd like to see in TF2 is something similar to conquest in Battlefield, where there are multiple cap points, but they do not go in a straight line, you can cap any one at any time and after you either capture all points or hold points for a certain amount of time, you win.
There are already maps like that floating around out there and it's easy to make them with the tools currently available.

I am curious about the new game mode, but balance changes and new maps and weapons interest me far more. The Enforcer has been in the game, unchanged, for almost a year now. It's a pretty poor reflection on Valve's ability to maintain the game's balance.

I never pay attention.

GAF server is the model example of why democracy doesn't work.

Hey guys, don't pick melee barn because it's terrible.

Next map: Melee Barn

This is stupid everybody rtv. Okay.

You guys don't even know what's good for you.

$200

Banned
Just saw this on 9gag, hopefully not a repost

4bb0cc9d.jpg

Yeef

Melee Barn is great.

The trick is to convince some medic on the other team to stand outside of the ring and spam amputator taunts, then equip the third degree. Get a lucky crit and kill everyone on the other team in one swing!

Yasae

Banned

Mad cause you lost at shenanigans or w/e the fuck we were playing!

Melee Barn is great.

The trick is to convince some medic on the other team to stand outside of the ring and spam amputator taunts, then equip the third degree. Get a lucky crit and kill everyone on the other team in one swing!

It is not great when Engineer were using frontier Justice and Ponsom 6000 on Melee Barn.

rouken

Depends. If he's on your team, then maybe you aren't putting out your teammates on fire or something. If he's on the enemy team and he keeps killing you, then he's probably right, and to deal with him you'd have to switch to another class (because as somebody who plays Pyro a lot, he has great difficulty killing people skilled enough to know how to deal with him, outside of the occasional lucky break, and you're better off trying Scout, Soldier or Heavy instead).

However, from the sounds of things, he's on the enemy team and you keep killing him. Thus, he's just pissed off at his own suckiness and is taking it out on you in the hopes that demoralizing you will make you an easier target; you can safely chuckle to yourself as you keep burning him to a crisp.

Scrub Pyro
1. Doesn't put out teammates.
2. Doesn't spy check all teammates.
3. Doesn't spy check period.
4. Doesn't switch to shotgun when enemies out of range.
5. Doesn't sacrifice self to airblast ubers away.
6. Doesn't chase spies down after they catch them.

That last one kills me especially with the pyros on GAF. It's pyros like these that listen to bad advice that give spies free reign.

thanks guys :D i'm doing most of the things on that list. and even airblast rockets using my backburner. im crazy right? lol

Yeef

Airblasting with the backburner is fine, just don't stick around. Use it defensively as you retreat and regroup. The backburner is all about catching people off guard. If they're already shooting at you, they're not off guard, so you've lost your advantage.

Oreoleo

Silly question from me, too: is there a reason HLStats thinks I'm French? Because I wasn't aware the DC metro area was in France now. Must've missed the memo.

If you look at the list of players ( http://tf2.gafserver.com/hlstats.php?mode=players&game=tf ) you'll see it does it for pretty much everyone. Random glitch as far as I can tell. Sometimes it's fine though.. Don't know what causes it.

But there's always a bit of amusement when you see someone connect from a country like Ethiopia or Botswana.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Yeah I moved from the Caribbean to the middle east, talk about a downgrade. Also that's racist.

Proven

Finished last final today. Still a few other things to do but for the most part my semester is done. More TF2 time on the horizon.

Top Bottom