• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(02-01-2017, 09:55 PM)
Red_Man's Avatar
The impact Radulov has had on this team is ridiculous, he's easily the most important forward on the team right now and the driving heart behind it. I'm buying a jersey as soon as he's resigned.
Pikma
Banned
(02-01-2017, 10:07 PM)
Pikma's Avatar
Trump threatened to invade Mexico

Holy shit what is this country
19 & 21
I am nice have hugs
(02-01-2017, 10:24 PM)
19 & 21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pikma

Trump threatened to invade Mexico

Holy shit what is this country

We're seeing the rise of a shitbag in a country that was already on it's way to imperalism. The worst of both worlds.
Reckheim
Member
(02-01-2017, 10:28 PM)
Reckheim's Avatar

Originally Posted by Red_Man

The impact Radulov has had on this team is ridiculous, he's easily the most important forward on the team right now and the driving heart behind it. I'm buying a jersey as soon as he's resigned.

Yeh, definitely a great pick up for your guys.

Have a feeling a lot more teams are gonna take a risk on Russian players playing the KHL now based on Montreal/leafs and even blackhawks success with it.
Socreges
Banned
(02-01-2017, 10:31 PM)
Socreges's Avatar

Originally Posted by 19 & 21

We're seeing the rise of a shitbag in a country that was already on it's way to imperalism. The worst of both worlds.

Eh. The US has been imperialist since the late 19th century. Goes in waves. I'd say the US has been less imperialist in recent years, but Trump will see to correct that.

Can't wait to see how he deals with Canada, a country that depends on soft power and other countries using/recognizing soft power. Might is right with Trump. Gonna be fucked.
Holiday
Banned
(02-01-2017, 10:45 PM)
Armstrong quote:

We have a situation now where I trust these guys and I believe in them. But I have a sense of independent contractors. When you see independent contracting going on on the ice, whether you're a fan or not, it's easy to see. What we have to do is we have to become a team again. We have to take pride in doing things for each other for the betterment of the team. I see when we win how guys react when they don't get what they want. I see when we lose how guys react when they get what they want.

😕
Lone_Prodigy
Member
(02-01-2017, 10:54 PM)
Lone_Prodigy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Holiday

Armstrong quote:



😕

Losing Backes must've been tough.
CreeperBlocks
Banned
(02-01-2017, 10:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Reckheim

Yeh, definitely a great pick up for your guys.

Have a feeling a lot more teams are gonna take a risk on Russian players playing the KHL now based on Montreal/leafs and even blackhawks success with it.

I hope Montreal gets Shipachev.
19 & 21
I am nice have hugs
(02-01-2017, 11:37 PM)
19 & 21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Socreges

Eh. The US has been imperialist since the late 19th century. Goes in waves. I'd say the US has been less imperialist in recent years, but Trump will see to correct that.

Can't wait to see how he deals with Canada, a country that depends on soft power and other countries using/recognizing soft power. Might is right with Trump. Gonna be fucked.

I'd definitely disagree with that. The legislation that gets passed when no one is watching is what you should look into more.
ElephantShell
Banned
(02-02-2017, 12:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Holiday

Armstrong quote:



😕

They need some real gud pros
Socreges
Banned
(02-02-2017, 12:18 AM)
Socreges's Avatar

Originally Posted by 19 & 21

I'd definitely disagree with that. The legislation that gets passed when no one is watching is what you should look into more.

Well, what does imperialist mean to you?
19 & 21
I am nice have hugs
(02-02-2017, 01:54 AM)
19 & 21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Socreges

Well, what does imperialist mean to you?

Mostly the traditional definition. The drone strike program is what I'm referring to. The policies that dictate said program are intentionally vague, and the terminology used to determine potential targets intentionally broad. It's something that the media rarely covers, and something that has devastated entire countries for the last decade+.
http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/
Razorskin
----- ------
(02-02-2017, 02:24 AM)
Razorskin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reckheim

Yeh, definitely a great pick up for your guys.

Have a feeling a lot more teams are gonna take a risk on Russian players playing the KHL now based on Montreal/leafs and even blackhawks success with it.

Anyone want to take a shot at Kontiola again?
PillarEN
Member
(02-02-2017, 02:41 AM)
PillarEN's Avatar
That Caps player could have really done some damage there. Geez.

Edit: But why did rat face have to score?
Socreges
Banned
(02-02-2017, 02:46 AM)
Socreges's Avatar

Originally Posted by 19 & 21

Mostly the traditional definition. The drone strike program is what I'm referring to. The policies that dictate said program are intentionally vague, and the terminology used to determine potential targets intentionally broad. It's something that the media rarely covers, and something that has devastated entire countries for the last decade+.
http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/

Drone strikes are a horrible, indiscriminate method to kill "terrorists" without having to truly engage with states. I agree it should qualify as imperialism, just not in the traditional sense (drones cut through so many definitions).

But to say that a country was "already on its way to imperialism"...a country with all the wars, coups, etc during the Cold War. The Reagan Doctrine in particular (itself not often well publicised). The War in Afghanistan, the War in Iraq during the Bush years. A country that often decides which regime it would prefer, and makes enormous moves to ensure they're put into place. That's my only point. If you look at drone strikes as being MORE imperialist than historical activities, then we won't agree.
19 & 21
I am nice have hugs
(02-02-2017, 03:00 AM)
19 & 21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Socreges

Drone strikes are a horrible, indiscriminate method to kill "terrorists" without having to truly engage with states. I agree it should qualify as imperialism, just not in the traditional sense (drones cut through so many definitions).

But to say that a country was "already on its way to imperialism"...a country with all the wars, coups, etc during the Cold War. The Reagan Doctrine in particular (itself not often well publicised). The War in Afghanistan, the War in Iraq during the Bush years. A country that often decides which regime it would prefer, and makes enormous moves to ensure they're put into place. That's my only point. If you look at drone strikes as being MORE imperialist than historical activities, then we won't agree.

I see where you're coming from regarding what I said in a historical context, but personally I think that most of the activities that go on that qualify as imperalist have largely been conducted in the shadows since at least the Obama admin came into the picture, but a few years before that even. I didn't necessarily mean more imperalist than in the past in a far-reaching historical sense, just that there has been an upward trend from the point on the timeline that drones entered the picture. Drone strikes are not the only thing that makes me feel that way, but they're verifiable. The remainder of my feelings are based on things with less concrete evidence to point to, and more an upward trend in consolidating power within the federal government that could possibly lead to worse than drone strikes, if it hasn't already.
Fata1moose
Banned
(02-02-2017, 03:04 AM)

That's about right.
NetMapel
Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
(02-02-2017, 03:46 AM)
NetMapel's Avatar
Is this year's draft any good? The last I've heard, it is a pretty weak draft. Why is the Avs tanking for it?
Weevilone
Member
(02-02-2017, 04:00 AM)
Weevilone's Avatar
Blues season ticket holder, need to vent and ramble.

We have without a doubt, players not on the same page as each other or the (ex) coach.

But at the same time, the most pressing issue is between Jake Allen's ears. There is no doubt about that.

I think most people felt it would have been beneficial to let Hitch go after last season, but how do you do that after making the conference finals? I blame nobody but Backes for his departure. You can't give a high mileage guy like him both term and $$ when he's not going to hold up over the long term. I think the team stretched what they were capable of, based on the offer given. Dude decided he wanted it all, pulled up roots. It's an Albert Pujols situation in my mind.

I'd have figured out a way to keep Elliott, but that's simply because I wasn't an Allen guy. I figure Brodeur had to weigh in there and if Allen looked like the real deal.. ok.

But here we are, playing like shit. The Lehtera experiment is over as far as I'm concerned, so that extension doesn't look so good. Neither does Allen's for obvious reasons. Stastny is a good center, but he's overpaid and not top line material IMO. Tarasenko needs quality linemates if we're to make the most of that investment. Shattenkirk needs to be cashed in for some quality return, but that's going to put a lot of power play responsibility on Steen.. who is either still having shoulder issues.. or he's starting the decline.

Then there's the whole issue of bringing in Hitch's replacement early and running off the assistant coaches.. Ugh.
Quick
Banned
(02-02-2017, 04:00 AM)
Leafs with three rookies getting Rookie of the Month honours this season so far. Bless.

Nylander in October, Matthews in December, Marner in January. AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(02-02-2017, 04:01 AM)
Red_Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by NetMapel

Is this year's draft any good? The last I've heard, it is a pretty weak draft. Why is the Avs tanking for it?

That's the funniest / saddest part, they aren't tanking and still produce a worse record than any team in a decade.
Fata1moose
Banned
(02-02-2017, 04:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Red_Man

That's the funniest / saddest part, they aren't tanking and still produce a worse record than any team in a decade.

They didn't tank in any of our recent lottery seasons, it's just always plain ineptitude.
bonesmccoy
Banned
(02-02-2017, 04:30 AM)
bonesmccoy's Avatar
The Blues situation is difficult to assess from afar. The roster Armstrong built still looks really good. Is it just a matter of getting reliable goaltending?
Socreges
Banned
(02-02-2017, 04:36 AM)
Socreges's Avatar

Originally Posted by 19 & 21

I see where you're coming from regarding what I said in a historical context, but personally I think that most of the activities that go on that qualify as imperalist have largely been conducted in the shadows since at least the Obama admin came into the picture, but a few years before that even. I didn't necessarily mean more imperalist than in the past in a far-reaching historical sense, just that there has been an upward trend from the point on the timeline that drones entered the picture. Drone strikes are not the only thing that makes me feel that way, but they're verifiable. The remainder of my feelings are based on things with less concrete evidence to point to, and more an upward trend in consolidating power within the federal government that could possibly lead to worse than drone strikes, if it hasn't already.

Definitely agreed drones are fucked and seem to be getting more prevalent. Technically Obama started to reign their use in a bit, but not much. Terrifying to think how Trump will use them, but he also needs a cooperative CIA to some extent.

Originally Posted by bonesmccoy

The Blues situation is difficult to assess from afar. The roster Armstrong built still looks really good. Is it just a matter of getting reliable goaltending?

Weevilone's diatribe is probably worth reading
Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(02-02-2017, 04:50 AM)
Red_Man's Avatar
Someone just murdered Bork
Clydefrog
momfrog
dadfrog
madfrog
(02-02-2017, 04:50 AM)
Clydefrog's Avatar
OHHHHHH McNabb GOT HIM!
Smiley90
Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
(02-02-2017, 05:06 AM)
Smiley90's Avatar
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1340056

"It should have been one of the most congenial calls for the new commander in chief — a conversation with the leader of Australia, one of America’s staunchest allies, at the end of a triumphant week.

Instead, President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refu­gee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

where's Dastardly
Clydefrog
momfrog
dadfrog
madfrog
(02-02-2017, 05:08 AM)
Clydefrog's Avatar
awww yeee

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/827002894771593216
Smiley90
Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
(02-02-2017, 05:10 AM)
Smiley90's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clydefrog

awww yeee

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/827002894771593216

THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY
Fata1moose
Banned
(02-02-2017, 05:22 AM)
:lol Avs

It's astonishing just how bad they are.
Line_HTX
Member
(02-02-2017, 05:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Clydefrog

awww yeee

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/827002894771593216

Look out. Ahh! OH NO!

Bah Gawd Almighty. Bah Gawd Almighty. That killed Bourque!

Oh my gosh...

As Gawd as mah witness, he's broken in half!
Weevilone
Member
(02-02-2017, 06:23 AM)
Weevilone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Socreges

Weevilone's diatribe is probably worth reading

The whole thing is difficult to come to grips with. It's a good example of the thin line between elite and not making the playoffs in this league. Boston is another good example, I think.

Hockey people smarter than me are probably wondering if the team's good fortune left with John Davidson, to Columbus. It really seems like a lot of the recent good decisions we made were with him in the organization.

Anyways, I feel bad to have written a diatribe. I love them regardless. :-(
Weevilone
Member
(02-02-2017, 06:38 AM)
Weevilone's Avatar

Originally Posted by imbask

Yakupov got 6 points in 29 games lol

Creeper will you finally admit he's trash

I should probably git good with quoting, but I'm just catching up on the thread.. new month and all.

Yakupov from a Blues perspective has been interesting. i think there has to be a place for him in the league but he certainly wasn't top pick material. If nothing else he's been a good placeholder for Jaskin to sit. That kid needs to learn to make the most of his size.

There was also some Thrashers stuff... I was in southwest Missouri over the holidays and found a vendor there that specialized in Atlanta Thrashers gear. WTF? When I was growing up there wasn't any hockey there at all, let alone defunct team merchandise.
Quick
Banned
(02-02-2017, 06:51 AM)
I have a Thrashers jersey. lol
SmackCrackleNPop
Member
(02-02-2017, 08:25 AM)
SmackCrackleNPop's Avatar
Avs definitely play hard.
RC
Banned
(02-02-2017, 08:47 AM)
RC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quick

I have a Thrashers jersey. lol

You'll buy anything huh?
SmackCrackleNPop
Member
(02-02-2017, 08:50 AM)
SmackCrackleNPop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quick

I have a Thrashers jersey. lol

Well we all have laundry days
Marvie_3
Banned
(02-02-2017, 02:29 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quick

I have a Thrashers jersey. lol

Id buy one if I could find one for a reasonable price.
CreeperBlocks
Banned
(02-02-2017, 02:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Quick

I have a Thrashers jersey. lol

Everyone makes mistakes. You probably bought it by accident, it's okay Quick
bonesmccoy
Banned
(02-02-2017, 04:00 PM)
bonesmccoy's Avatar
Stephane Quintal
Chris Pronger
George Parros
Burke's kid

lol
Solo
Banned
(02-02-2017, 04:06 PM)
Solo's Avatar
DD-AGally-Shaw is a line tonight. Does Therrien have any clue whatsoever? Yeesh.
Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(02-02-2017, 04:47 PM)
Red_Man's Avatar

Rumblings have it that Montreal has huge interest in Duchene.

From the same person who called Radulov going to Montreal this summer
Solo
Banned
(02-02-2017, 04:48 PM)
Solo's Avatar
Huge interest doesn't get deals done. He won't be a Hab by deadline day.
CreeperBlocks
Banned
(02-02-2017, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Red_Man

From the same person who called Radulov going to Montreal this summer

Let's get it done. We need Duchene for the playoffs.
imBask
Banned
(02-02-2017, 05:06 PM)
Regardless of where Douchenes ends up, I think we're going to be surprised by how low the price is going to be. I don't mean that to shit on our Avs fans around here because I love them, but I think we're vastly overrating what GMs are going to be willing to pay for him

Every media outlet has been hammering stuff about his "attitude problem" for the past 2 weeks, that's never a good sign
Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(02-02-2017, 05:10 PM)
Red_Man's Avatar
Hall got Larrson, I mean....
Cake Boss
Banned
(02-02-2017, 05:17 PM)
DD-Duchene-Shaw would make an awesome line.
PillarEN
Member
(02-02-2017, 05:25 PM)
PillarEN's Avatar
Where is Iginla gonna go? I'm assuming he will be practically a giveaway from the Avs anyway. A third line winger who can punch a few guys out. Any takers?
bonesmccoy
Banned
(02-02-2017, 05:29 PM)
bonesmccoy's Avatar

Originally Posted by PillarEN

Where is Iginla gonna go? I'm assuming he will be practically a giveaway from the Avs anyway. A third line winger who can punch a few guys out. Any takers?

Edmonton
CreeperBlocks
Banned
(02-02-2017, 05:49 PM)
Ghostbear is a healthy scratch against Montreal tonight.

Hmm

Thread Tools