• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 03:43 AM)
batsnacks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

Nice edit before the timer batsnacks don't think I didn't fucking see you!

I didn't and never edit seriously.
Kawl_USC
Member
(02-07-2017, 03:45 AM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar


is this the face of a post editor and liar??

you decide town
batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 03:48 AM)
batsnacks's Avatar
I think I've edited 1 post on this site ever and that was the "important posts" post in mini maf I
Kawl_USC
Member
(02-07-2017, 03:53 AM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar
so you admit to being an editor in the past....

interesting....
batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 04:06 AM)
batsnacks's Avatar
what did you think I edited though? That's kind of weird.
melonrabbit
Member
(02-07-2017, 04:19 AM)
melonrabbit's Avatar

Originally Posted by batsnacks

Why the omission?

If meta, I don't know you two's lore.

Originally Posted by Kawl_USC

We were told to not discuss my favorite day one topic so I guess im waiting for the euros to wake up.

I'll say I really don't see W/W between melon and kawl though.

Our W/W would be the stuff of legends.

I would still like to hear from Crab but also want more from Kyan before everyone - per usual - forgets he is playing until 30 minutes before deadline.
melonrabbit
Member
(02-07-2017, 04:21 AM)
melonrabbit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kawl_USC

so you admit to being an editor in the past....

interesting....

I edited once. It was awful.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(02-07-2017, 04:31 AM)
Haly's Avatar
You added the gif to that post batsnacks
batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 04:38 AM)
batsnacks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

You added the gif to that post batsnacks

What did it say prior to the gif? You can't empty quote on this site.
Timeaisis
(02-07-2017, 04:51 AM)
Timeaisis's Avatar
You guys have any hot reads on me yet
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(02-07-2017, 04:51 AM)
Haly's Avatar
Hm, good point. Maybe the image was broken.

Fine you got me!
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(02-07-2017, 04:57 AM)
Haly's Avatar

Originally Posted by Timeaisis

You guys have any hot reads on me yet

Here's my notes:

Code:

Timeaisis
	scum?
Timeaisis
(02-07-2017, 05:03 AM)
Timeaisis's Avatar
Well at least you have a question mark at the end.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(02-07-2017, 05:13 AM)
Haly's Avatar
Everyone has a question mark except me and CCS
Lone_Prodigy
Member
(02-07-2017, 06:25 AM)
Lone_Prodigy's Avatar
Somehow we now have 3 votes on Ouro?

Unvote

Jokes are jokes but he's almost halfway to majority.
Kyanrute
Member
(02-07-2017, 09:18 AM)
Kyanrute's Avatar
melon pls it is hard to me to hide if i keep getting mentioned
Kyanrute
Member
(02-07-2017, 09:20 AM)
Kyanrute's Avatar
To, for, who knows. Words are hard. Peeking is aiding the filthy folk so I'll state my stereotypical opposition to all them like this and reluctantly join the yes camp.
Kyanrute
Member
(02-07-2017, 09:31 AM)
Kyanrute's Avatar
what else is there

gorlak is town bats is scum

but that's how i always read the two apart from the time when bats was a hidden scum

lol
CzarTim
Member
(02-07-2017, 10:34 AM)
CzarTim's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lone_Prodigy

Somehow we now have 3 votes on Ouro?

Unvote

Jokes are jokes but he's almost halfway to majority.

vote: Lone_Prodigy

Why shouldn't he be voted out?
CzarTim
Member
(02-07-2017, 10:39 AM)
CzarTim's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

Here's my notes:

Code:

Timeaisis
	scum?

Showing notes is a scum tell
CzarTim
Member
(02-07-2017, 10:56 AM)
CzarTim's Avatar

Originally Posted by CzarTim

Showing notes is a scum tell

Yet if you're right it's a scum TAIL

Turbo me I'm done
batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 12:18 PM)
batsnacks's Avatar
Majority doesn't do anything special in this game.

Most to least mafia imo:
gorlak
haly
time
LP

-Already said why gorlak
-haly suspicious of the wrong things e.g. spam
-time and LP is just have a feeling
YesNOnoNOYes
Member
(02-07-2017, 01:27 PM)
YesNOnoNOYes's Avatar
CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Gorlak (2)
Ourobolus #60
batsnacks #63

batsnacks (2)
Gorlak #57
Timeaisis #82

melonrabbit (1)
Kawl_USC #132

Crab (1)
melonrabbit #137

Ourobolus (1)
Lone_Prodigy #69 #165
CzarTim #106 #169
Haly #115

Lone_Prodigy (1)
CzarTim #169

squidyj (0): Haly #58 #115

Kawl_USC (0): melonrabbit #109 #137

CCS (0): Kawl_USC #90 #132

No active vote for Day 1: CCS, Crab, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted), squidyj


Day 1 ends:

Automated vote tally here
Gorlak
Member
(02-07-2017, 01:47 PM)
Gorlak's Avatar

Originally Posted by batsnacks

I'm not pulling any bullshit on anyone just my POV... and I've said like 3 things and never quoted you what am I twisting

1. gorlak wants to talk about games where he was town instead of this game
2. gorlak wants to talk about mechanics instead of this game
3. gorlak is, as town, usually focused on the game at hand

I don't think I've been unreasonable

3.You are really keeping this up. Yes it is unreasonable because you base your argument on previous behaviour of mine.

And your view of my previous behaviour is wrong.

Look at vampire mafia I started the game roleplaying bullshit and being nonsensical (!), which ultimately lead to lynch.

Look at gods and men, I was on the verge of being lynched everyday because I START games loud, emotional and without any thought of consequences.

Look at Pixar, where Sorian tried to bully me out of the game just like you do now. I started the game with random accusations and non specific bla bla.

Look at Mini 2 where I concentrated on "mechanics" from the get go more than anything.
---
1.I always start games with a reference to previous games, give a nod or two to players I know, throw some bullshit in the room and try to make something happen, because it is day 1.

We were merely minutes into the game and you argue I don't want to talk about the on-going game. This is truly far-fetched to say the least.
It's like yelling at the cow for why there is no milk in your glass, when you haven't even tried to milk the cow in the first place.

2.You reference to me for arguing about mechanics? What exactly is disturbing you? Why am I the only one being highlighted for it?

Please point out where I should have posted something else instead of mechanic talk.

And as a sidenote to show that your scum list is completely bullshit and constructed:
LP brought up peeking and nothing else so far, yet he's on your list for gut reasons?
---

The last two times you were scum you tried to corner me and argue for my lynch (Bar and Vampire). Both times I called you out and you were going hard for me. You are pulling the exact same shtick here.

You are scum. q.e.d.
Kawl_USC
Member
(02-07-2017, 01:50 PM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar
*yawn*

Too defensive

Vote: gorlak
Gorlak
Member
(02-07-2017, 01:53 PM)
Gorlak's Avatar
Thus far I only have vague impressions of the rest of you.
Kyan is doing nothing, like his townie-self wanted us to believe he is.
LP mentions the exact same key phrases as in mini 2 and contributes nothing else.
melon is starting hot and grabbing attention
Ouro has done even less than I expected from him.
crab is mia.
Kawl rings no bells so far.
I can't evaluate haly at all.
tim is low key from my perspective.
squidyj not the hot head I'm used to see.

I had to look up Timeaisis because I couldn't remember him. No impression at all.

Half of the phase nearly over. Can we start please.
Gorlak
Member
(02-07-2017, 01:54 PM)
Gorlak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kawl_USC

*yawn*

Too defensive

Vote: gorlak

You've seen me play scum until lylo. Do you really think I would overreact to a simple accusation at day start from bats if I was scum? Come on now. What kind of player do you think I am?
Kyanrute
Member
(02-07-2017, 01:58 PM)
Kyanrute's Avatar
hello am kyan doing nothing
Kawl_USC
Member
(02-07-2017, 01:58 PM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gorlak

You've seen me play scum until lylo. Do you really think I would overreact to a simple accusation at day start from bats if I was scum? Come on now. What kind of player do you think I am?

I mean that's just basic wifom shit
batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 01:59 PM)
batsnacks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gorlak

3.You are really keeping this up. Yes it is unreasonable because you base your argument on previous behaviour of mine.

And your view of my previous behaviour is wrong.

Look at vampire mafia I started the game roleplaying bullshit and being nonsensical (!), which ultimately lead to lynch.

Look at gods and men, I was on the verge of being lynched everyday because I START games loud, emotional and without any thought of consequences.

Look at Pixar, where Sorian tried to bully me out of the game just like you do now. I started the game with random accusations and non specific bla bla.

Look at Mini 2 where I concentrated on "mechanics" from the get go more than anything.
---
1.I always start games with a reference to previous games, give a nod or two to players I know, throw some bullshit in the room and try to make something happen, because it is day 1.

We were merely minutes into the game and you argue I don't want to talk about the on-going game. This is truly far-fetched to say the least.
It's like yelling at the cow for why there is no milk in your glass, when you haven't even tried to milk the cow in the first place.

2.You reference to me for arguing about mechanics? What exactly is disturbing you? Why am I the only one being highlighted for it?

Please point out where I should have posted something else instead of mechanic talk.

And as a sidenote to show that your scum list is completely bullshit and constructed:
LP brought up peeking and nothing else so far, yet he's on your list for gut reasons?
---

The last two times you were scum you tried to corner me and argue for my lynch (Bar and Vampire). Both times I called you out and you were going hard for me. You are pulling the exact same shtick here.

You are scum. q.e.d.

I think this post got split up somehow and 3 wound up on top or you were re-arranging the heck out of it. Anyway no one else said I was being unreasonable obv. this post isn't going to change my mind but maybe it will make someone else think something.
Gorlak
Member
(02-07-2017, 02:01 PM)
Gorlak's Avatar

Originally Posted by batsnacks

I think this post got split up somehow and 3 wound up on top or you were re-arranging the heck out of it. Anyway no one else said I was being unreasonable obv. this post isn't going to change my mind but maybe it will make someone else think something.

Don't try to wish wash your way out of this shit. Nothing got split up.

Answer my questions and put your argument on something like a justification instead of rambling about how no one else cares about what we write to each other.
Kawl_USC
Member
(02-07-2017, 02:03 PM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar
Over edited posts are a sign of being concerned on how you are appearing which is a decent scum tell. That's a pretty interesting point batsie.
batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 02:04 PM)
batsnacks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gorlak

Don't try to wish wash your way out of this shit. Nothing got split up.

Answer my questions and put your argument on something like a justification instead of rambling about how no one else cares about what we write to each other.

No I'm happy with bat vs gorlak as it stands right now. Your other post that wasn't about me was good btw.
Kyanrute
Member
(02-07-2017, 02:07 PM)
Kyanrute's Avatar
thinkings

kyan liked tim's observation about possibly fluffy lp. the vote makes me think though.
CCS
Member
(02-07-2017, 02:13 PM)
CCS's Avatar
I'm not sure yet, I feel like bat v gorlak is town v town. Only really gut driving that though.
batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 02:15 PM)
batsnacks's Avatar

Originally Posted by CCS

I'm not sure yet, I feel like bat v gorlak is town v town. Only really gut driving that though.

Yeah but who's mafia Mr. Town :O that's what we all wanna know
CCS
Member
(02-07-2017, 02:41 PM)
CCS's Avatar

Originally Posted by batsnacks

Yeah but who's mafia Mr. Town :O that's what we all wanna know

No idea whatsoever :P
batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 02:49 PM)
batsnacks's Avatar

Originally Posted by CCS

No idea whatsoever :P

So pretend you do :P that's what day 1 is.

On this other site someone looked at day 1 lynches over hundreds of games and lynching mafia successfully day 1 was slightly more likely than RNG, and only slightly better because powers can claim.
Timeaisis
(02-07-2017, 04:13 PM)
Timeaisis's Avatar
Gorlak you are defending yourself an awful lot for only one person being suspicious of you.
melonrabbit
Member
(02-07-2017, 04:29 PM)
melonrabbit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyanrute

melon pls it is hard to me to hide if i keep getting mentioned

You might have to actually play this game. Sorry to tell you.

Any impressions that don't revolve around yourself?

Originally Posted by Gorlak

Thus far I only have vague impressions of the rest of you.
Kyan is doing nothing, like his townie-self wanted us to believe he is.
LP mentions the exact same key phrases as in mini 2 and contributes nothing else.
melon is starting hot and grabbing attention
Ouro has done even less than I expected from him.
crab is mia.
Kawl rings no bells so far.
I can't evaluate haly at all.
tim is low key from my perspective.
squidyj not the hot head I'm used to see.

I had to look up Timeaisis because I couldn't remember him. No impression at all.

Half of the phase nearly over. Can we start please.

Hot, hot, hot.

I'm ready, baby.

I see nothing overtly out of character about Gorlak's play.

Has crab still not posted?
CCS
Member
(02-07-2017, 04:46 PM)
CCS's Avatar

Originally Posted by melonrabbit

Has crab still not posted?

Not as far as I'm aware.

Crab makes a good dinner :P
Kyanrute
Member
(02-07-2017, 04:49 PM)
Kyanrute's Avatar
ok superb reads for melon

snackbats is giving me usual vibes of unknown. but the whole gorlax thing makes me feel tad good because it is bit too straightforward of a scum play. there is no particular need to put attention on oneself on d1 so why do it. then again i've never so far played with a fake town leader so what do i know.
ccs is scum i know it spidre told me.
crab is hiding. spooky.
c-tim i mentioned above. somewhat agree with the idea that he miiiiight be tad reserved.
gorlax is aggro nothing new there, tells me nothing.
haly i dunno. rather carefree?
karl feels the same as some past games, tells nothing to me.
then is kyan the best woo.
lp is hiding too. death to hiding scum lp. the feelsTM.
melon is poking things. will need to observe more.
ouro is being lazy.
squid im not familiar with but the mechanics speak makes for good fluff.
time is hiding too.

would want to kill one of the hiders righty now.
Kawl_USC
Member
(02-07-2017, 04:55 PM)
Kawl_USC's Avatar
Man this whole mechanics equals hiding scum thing just reads so weak to me. Some people enjoy and approach mafia as more of a thing to be solved. In which case talking mechanics is interesting and useful. People say mechanics talk makes easy hiding for scum, I say saying mechanics talk is scummy is easy posturing for weak scum huntin.
Kyanrute
Member
(02-07-2017, 05:03 PM)
Kyanrute's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kawl_USC

Man this whole mechanics equals hiding scum thing just reads so weak to me. Some people enjoy and approach mafia as more of a thing to be solved. In which case talking mechanics is interesting and useful. People say mechanics talk makes easy hiding for scum, I say saying mechanics talk is scummy is easy posturing for weak scum huntin.

I think mechanics discussion tells nothing about a person's alignment. I like mechanics and I've openly speculated about them both as scum and as town. I see no reason why others could not do it.
melonrabbit
Member
(02-07-2017, 05:10 PM)
melonrabbit's Avatar
Discussing mechanics or solving such puzzle isn't my strong suit. The math of mini has always made my head spin. I do agree that there isn't a correlation between it and one's alignment. However, there are exceptions--certain players I expect such talk from and when they fail to bring their analytical side, then I do wonder.
Timeaisis
(02-07-2017, 05:11 PM)
Timeaisis's Avatar
to be fair there's not a whole lot else to talk about on d1 except gut reads and prodding, e.g. what bats and gorlak seem to be going at right now
melonrabbit
Member
(02-07-2017, 05:13 PM)
melonrabbit's Avatar
Now, let's not start this D1 is all but useless talk.
Timeaisis
(02-07-2017, 05:16 PM)
Timeaisis's Avatar
I never said that, melon. I'm just saying mechanic talk is kind of the default for lots of people at this point. They want to contribute but they have no other way of doing so, so they analyze mechanics.
batsnacks
Member
(02-07-2017, 05:17 PM)
batsnacks's Avatar
1 M narrows down the possible setups by a whopping <1% the only people that know more right now are power roles and mafia. There's nothing to be solved with mechanics at this point.
Timeaisis
(02-07-2017, 05:19 PM)
Timeaisis's Avatar
"let's not talk about mechanics"

and we talk about the meta of talking about mechanics lol

Alright, well.

Vote: Gorlak

I agree with kawl, too defensive.

Thread Tools