• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SF BayGaf : Page 3
Devolution
the fabulous one
(01-29-2013, 09:10 AM)
Fentons will forever be my fav (it's in Oakland). It's so awesome it's even featured in a Pixar film.

Advance_Alarm
(01-29-2013, 09:11 AM)
do people actually say 'BAYLIFE'
Devolution
the fabulous one
(01-29-2013, 09:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Advance_Alarm

Um no. At least not around me.
Giant Robot
(01-29-2013, 09:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Devolution

Fentons will forever be my fav (it's in Oakland). It's so awesome it's even featured in a Pixar film.

I keep telling myself to make it out there, but i'll end up at some fried chicken and waffle place instead.

Humphry Slocombe aint so bad either, but I've only had their Vietnamese Iced Coffee flavor and banana flavor.
t26
(01-29-2013, 09:15 AM)

never heard anyone use it in real life.
Giant Robot
(01-29-2013, 09:16 AM)

no, but people say HELLA. Sup.
wario
(01-29-2013, 09:23 AM)
i still need to try fenton's, humphry slocombe, and i hear ici out in berkeley's hella good too.
Devolution
the fabulous one
(01-29-2013, 09:24 AM)
Also to those meeting the best thing to do is to see who is available and in what region. The last one I went to was in Berkeley on Shattuck, we went from one bar to a pool hall and it was really fun.
Egnirys
(01-29-2013, 09:24 AM)
Dear god do I miss Fenton's. I use to work in Oakland and at times the entire office would skip out on getting real food for lunch and we'd go to Fenton's instead. I also miss Sushi House in Alameda. Their bay scallop roll is heavenly.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(01-29-2013, 09:53 PM)
Is this the thread for complaining about 880?

Good to see so many familiar faces here from previous Bay Area meet ups. We should get another one going sometime in the near future.
Cyan
Red
(01-29-2013, 09:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Cornballer

Good to see so many familiar faces here from previous Bay Area meet ups. We should get another one going sometime in the near future.

Would you be able to make a South Bay meetup? I've been thinking about doing one, since SF is kind of a pain to get to for us Silicon Valley peeps.
wario
(01-29-2013, 09:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Cornballer

by far, the worst freeway in the bay
gcubed
(01-29-2013, 10:00 PM)
SFBay GAF will have a new member this year! I'll be moving out there in the late summer/early fall. Looking in the Foster City/Redwood City area to stay between SF and work
PseudoKirby
Banned
(01-29-2013, 10:01 PM)

Originally Posted by wario

by far, the worst freeway in the bay

yea I thought the lower portion of 680 was bad, until I had to come up from San Jose a couple times after work, even at 8PM it was still backed up
Cornballer
foul temptress
(01-29-2013, 10:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Cyan

Would you be able to make a South Bay meetup? I've been thinking about doing one, since SF is kind of a pain to get to for us Silicon Valley peeps.

It depends how far South and what time of day, but it probably wouldn't be a problem. Getting to stuff on the Peninsula would be relatively painless for me.
vicissitudes
Banned
(01-29-2013, 10:14 PM)

Yeah but the South Bay is a boring old biddy.
SnakeswithLasers
If I want to pay a black man $20 to suck him off in a public bathroom, by God and Country, I SHALL.
(01-29-2013, 10:47 PM)

Also to those meeting the best thing to do is to see who is available and in what region. The last one I went to was in Berkeley on Shattuck, we went from one bar to a pool hall and it was really fun.

What. When was the Berkeley Shattuck meetup? I freaking live there. =|
MiniBossBattle
(01-29-2013, 10:48 PM)
Northbay is the loneliest bay.
PlayALLtheGames
Barber: Whatchu want?
Me: I've got $24
Barber: Say no more fam
(01-29-2013, 10:53 PM)
I lived in Sausalito for a year then moved to Tiburon to an awesome fucking house sitting right on Richardson's Bay. This was in high school (I went to Marin Academy).

I had to move to the DC area a few years later. I was very bitter. I still miss the Bay Area and hope to move back there one day.
LarryButz
(01-29-2013, 10:53 PM)

woo. southbay here.
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(01-29-2013, 10:54 PM)

Only people who don't live in San Francisco or Oakland
Acid08
Soap -> Mouth
(01-29-2013, 10:57 PM)
We should get tickets to a Sharks game and go :D

Or baseball when that starts back up, would be cheaper.
Splash Wave
(01-29-2013, 10:59 PM)

Indeed it was. Where are you, Peter and Alex?

I've been living in Berkeley for the past two years for school. I'm doing some traveling right now, but I'll be moving back almost immediately.

Edit: derp, right above me
Acid08
Soap -> Mouth
(01-29-2013, 11:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Stav

I've been living in Berkeley for the past two years for school. I'm doing some traveling right now, but I'll be moving back almost immediately.

Hey buddy :D
SirBukkake
(01-29-2013, 11:03 PM)
880 is so horrible. After 4+ years of commuting on that freeway, I feel like that highway has finally broke me. I still don't understand how it's empty Friday morning, but total chaos later in the afternoon.

I want to say I'd rather drive through the I-10 every day.... Nah.
Acid08
Soap -> Mouth
(01-29-2013, 11:05 PM)
For the most part I only use 580 and it's never too bad. 880 is balls.
Splash Wave
(01-29-2013, 11:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Acid08

Hey buddy :D

Miss u. Missin the bay
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(01-29-2013, 11:07 PM)
Baseball game meet-up would be fun.

And South Bay meet-up wouldn't be too bad. Could carpool with people if need be.

Berkeley Meet-Up was loads of fun, especially how the last of us ended up at Sumo Grub in the end after starting at Jupiter.
see5harp
(01-29-2013, 11:08 PM)
I went a SF Bulls game last weekend. That shit was depressing. It's hard to imagine any of those players making the big time. Also, Cow Palace is soooooo shitty.
BaltimoreLarry
(01-29-2013, 11:12 PM)
South Bay living Ravens fan here, and I never feel like i'm taking my life into my hands (although I do worry some idiot might steal my Ravens magnet on my car) But at the gym the other day, while wearing Ravens gear, two dudes cornered me, but they Raiders fans and wished me luck.
BeardyChan
(01-29-2013, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by vicissitudes

Yeah but the South Bay is a boring old biddy.

Hey there's always stuff to find like this gem called Original Gravity

We should get tickets to a Sharks game and go :D

Or baseball when that starts back up, would be cheaper.

I'd be down for a Giants or Sharks game. Gotta love the Caltrain, its the only way to go to a Giants game.
Linkhero1
(01-29-2013, 11:21 PM)
If you guys are into Indian/Pakistani food then you got to go to Chutneys in Downtown SF. The food is amazing.
Acid08
Soap -> Mouth
(01-29-2013, 11:21 PM)

Originally Posted by BeardyChan

Hey there's always stuff to find like this gem called Original Gravity

I'd be down for a Giants or Sharks game. Gotta love the Caltrain, its the only way to go to a Giants game.

Exactly the reason I was thinking A's game :P
Cyan
Red
(01-29-2013, 11:22 PM)

Originally Posted by BeardyChan

The 2011 season was magical for Cal games. I was really disappointed when we returned to Memorial Stadium--ATT is just so damn easy to get to compared to Memorial.

Also it's a really nice park.
BeardyChan
(01-29-2013, 11:34 PM)

Exactly the reason I was thinking A's game :P

You dirty trickster! :P

I could go to 1 A's game... for Gaf I would go. If we did end up going to an A's game we could all end up going to the Pacific Pinball Musuem nearby. Or go to Berkeley area for some drinking fun. Not that either of those are contingent upon me going or not.

Cyan: I love going to ATT park that place is awesome and its right on the Embarcadero so you can go find some awesome places right off of it and take Muni's old rail cars. Plus Caltrain run's pretty late. And if you miss the last train there's plenty of taxi's that will take you to Millbrae to catch up with the train.
Toki767
(01-29-2013, 11:38 PM)
Man, I've lived in SF for 25 years and I've never been to AT&T Park. I hear their garlic fries are amazing.
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(01-29-2013, 11:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Toki767

Man, I've lived in SF for 25 years and I've never been to AT&T Park. I hear their garlic fries are amazing.

Garlic fries and a hot dog is like the best thing when watching a Giants game.

But yeah, Sharks/A's/Giants meet-up would be dope.
XiaNaphryz
LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
(01-29-2013, 11:51 PM)
GDC's coming up soon as well.
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(01-29-2013, 11:55 PM)

Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz

GDC's coming up soon as well.

That's true too... Hmm, now that Target's at Yerba Buena, where would we meet potentially? Super Duper next to Target?
Devolution
the fabulous one
(01-30-2013, 12:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Stav

Right now I'm in Portland =o but my parent's home is in the East Bay as well. That's my main drag. SF is cool and all but East Bay born and raised.

Originally Posted by SnakeswithLasers

What. When was the Berkeley Shattuck meetup? I freaking live there. =|

I think it was March or something of last year. At the february one in SF people got to meet Timedizzle.
DUFFMCWALIN
(01-30-2013, 12:13 AM)
I guess this is the closest to home in a thread that I'll ever have. We aren't going to have a true nor cal thread :(.

Hi from Chico. Where Fraudgers was born and raised.
Cyan
Red
(01-30-2013, 12:15 AM)

At the february one in SF people got to meet Timedizzle.

With pictchas to prove it! Aw yeah.
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(01-30-2013, 12:17 AM)

I think it was March or something of last year. At the february one in SF people got to meet Timedizzle.

With pictchas to prove it! Aw yeah.

Wish I got to meet. Was out of the country during February last year...

Still... another meet-up would be cool during GDC or something...
SnakeswithLasers
If I want to pay a black man $20 to suck him off in a public bathroom, by God and Country, I SHALL.
(01-30-2013, 02:48 AM)

Damn, sorry I missed it. Subscribed to this thread so I can make it to an SF/Bay meetup.
SouthernDragon
(01-30-2013, 02:57 AM)
South Bay would be best... but not this weekend.

Next weekend! School is kinda crazy right now. Stupid quarter system.
FelixOrion
Poet Centuriate
(01-30-2013, 03:12 AM)
Anyone want to go a Sabercats game with me in March or April?

"Who?" Okay.jpg....
Last edited by FelixOrion; 01-30-2013 at 03:16 AM.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(01-30-2013, 03:14 AM)
Man, camera crews everywhere on my block in the Haight Ashbury today. Guess they're digging in the backyard of one of the houses here hoping to find the body of Kevin Collins, a young boy who went missing about a hundred feet from here in 1984.

Crazy. Helicopters, news trucks, taped off areas and and a mobile police command center.
ezekial45
Banned
(01-30-2013, 03:16 AM)

Originally Posted by NullPointer

Man, camera crews everywhere on my block in the Haight Ashbury today. Guess they're digging in the backyard of one of the houses here hoping to find the body of Kevin Collins, a young boy who went missing about a hundred feet from here in 1984.

Crazy. Helicopters, news trucks, taped off areas and and a mobile police command center.

Oh shit, I used to live around there. That's crazy.
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(01-30-2013, 03:18 AM)
Thats pretty fucking nuts...
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(01-30-2013, 03:25 AM)

Originally Posted by ezekial45

Oh shit, I used to live around there. That's crazy.

A truly surreal scene to come home to. Growing up here I knew the stories and saw his face on milk cartons everywhere, but I had no idea that it went down so close to where I live now. The house they're searching is just across the street and around the corner from where he was last seen. Insane to think about.

For the family's sake I hope they find what they need to.