• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

MarkMan
loves Arcade Sticks
(02-02-2013, 01:32 AM)
MarkMan's Avatar
I'm so ready for the Black/Blue Jordan Is.

And the NIKE Air IIIs. <3
Bruce Lee Kicks
Member
(02-02-2013, 01:39 AM)
Bruce Lee Kicks's Avatar
Man Niketalk is confusing. Anyway...I'm starting my (Jordan) collection and can't figure out whether to start with the 1s or the 13s.
ryuen
Member
(02-02-2013, 01:42 AM)
ryuen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Black Flames

Man Niketalk is confusing. Anyway...I'm starting my (Jordan) collection and can't figure out whether to start with the 1s or the 13s.

Wearing my 13's right now. Quite possibly the most comfy Jordan! To me, III's and XI's are staples of any good Jordan collection.
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(02-02-2013, 01:42 AM)
Auron_Kale's Avatar

Originally Posted by Black Flames

Man Niketalk is confusing. Anyway...I'm starting my (Jordan) collection and can't figure out whether to start with the 1s or the 13s.

Go with what designs you like best. Personally, I love 4s, but I do like the 1s coming out as well as a few others but not all.
See You Next Wednesday
Banned
(02-02-2013, 01:43 AM)
See You Next Wednesday's Avatar

Originally Posted by Black Flames

Man Niketalk is confusing. Anyway...I'm starting my (Jordan) collection and can't figure out whether to start with the 1s or the 13s.

Numerical number count doesn't really matter. Like the Jordan 2's are among the least liked Jordans & the later numbered Jordans are less sought after by Jordan fans.
Start with what you think looks the best.
Mr.Fresh
Member
(02-02-2013, 01:44 AM)
Mr.Fresh's Avatar

Originally Posted by MarkMan

I'm so ready for the Black/Blue Jordan Is.

And the NIKE Air IIIs. <3

lol I hope i can get the 3's but The Royal 1's will be a great Birthday present.

For everybody that like batman or the green and purple colors, the Joker 3's come out this month too.

Model: Air Jordan 3
Color: Black/Electric Green/Canyon Purple/White
Release: Feb 16, 2013
Bruce Lee Kicks
Member
(02-02-2013, 01:47 AM)
Bruce Lee Kicks's Avatar

Originally Posted by ryuen

Wearing my 13's right now. Quite possibly the most comfy Jordan! To me, III's and XI's are staples of any good Jordan collection.

Funny thing, I just flipped a pair Black Cement IIIs that were too big for me.

Originally Posted by Auron_Kale

Go with what designs you like best. Personally, I love 4s, but I do like the 1s coming out as well as a few others but not all.

I'm a plain dresser so I won't buy anything too loud. As far as Jordans go I like I, III-VII, then XI-XIII. I like the Royal Blues but I can't rock with blue for real.
Imm0rt4l
Member
(02-02-2013, 01:48 AM)
Imm0rt4l's Avatar

Originally Posted by MarkMan

I love sneakers.

Madcatz x Nike arcade sticks incoming.
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(02-02-2013, 01:51 AM)
Auron_Kale's Avatar

Originally Posted by Black Flames

I'm a plain dresser so I won't buy anything too loud. As far as Jordans go I like I, III-VII, then XI-XIII. I like the Royal Blues but I can't rock with blue for real.

I hear you, I normally pick plain/complimentary shoes too but sometimes, you gotta go with something fun.



I rock these if I'm wearing a single color palette (like navy, black or gray) and want something to break it up.
Last edited by Auron_Kale; 02-02-2013 at 02:00 AM.
thezerofire
Member
(02-02-2013, 01:53 AM)
thezerofire's Avatar
does anyone know where I can get those Converse Duck Camo's? Can't find them anywhere
captmcblack
God-Tier ghetto pass
(02-02-2013, 01:59 AM)
captmcblack's Avatar

Originally Posted by Black Flames

Man Niketalk is confusing. Anyway...I'm starting my (Jordan) collection and can't figure out whether to start with the 1s or the 13s.

Look at the whole range; buy what you like. Don't start with a shoe based on "advice"!

Right now, you can probably (relatively) easily find some 1s, 4s, 5s, 7s, and 9s. Try those!
DominoKid
Geocities gawdamn :(
(02-02-2013, 02:01 AM)
DominoKid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Black Flames

Man Niketalk is confusing. Anyway...I'm starting my (Jordan) collection and can't figure out whether to start with the 1s or the 13s.

can't go wrong w/ 13s (my favorite). but get what you like.
Bruce Lee Kicks
Member
(02-02-2013, 02:07 AM)
Bruce Lee Kicks's Avatar

Originally Posted by captmcblack

Look at the whole range; buy what you like. Don't start with a shoe based on "advice"!

Right now, you can probably (relatively) easily find some 1s, 4s, 5s, 7s, and 9s. Try those!

I can find them easily yeah (outside of NT), but not cheap lol.
oyoshimaru
Member
(02-02-2013, 02:39 AM)
oyoshimaru's Avatar
Any body else trying to catch the Air Jordan 3 88's coming this wednesday? I seems like it'll be tough but I'm hoping to get em. Finishline and Nikestore both confirmed theyll have em, thats about it.
JLG-
Member
(02-02-2013, 02:47 AM)
JLG-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by sebajuNujabes

I need these. Anyone know what they are?

Nike SB Fluff Bruins. My brother got them for me. There were only like 250 released. They go for about $300.

Originally Posted by thezerofire

does anyone know where I can get those Converse Duck Camo's? Can't find them anywhere

Ebay or shoe forums
Last edited by JLG-; 02-02-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Mr.Fresh
Member
(02-02-2013, 02:48 AM)
Mr.Fresh's Avatar

Originally Posted by skeezer

Any body else trying to catch the Air Jordan 3 88's coming this wednesday? I seems like it'll be tough but I'm hoping to get em. Finishline and Nikestore both confirmed theyll have em, thats about it.

I was gonna try but im not gonna have the Money in time. :(
beat
Member
(02-02-2013, 09:31 AM)
beat's Avatar

Originally Posted by ViperVisor

I still browse the shoes. I am underwhelmed.

They seemed to be slacking and just whore out the Air Max 95 and 97.

I like what Nike did with the Powerlines sneakers from last year. The stripes actually kind of remind of AM95s in a way, actually. (the Powerline II's are way less interesting.)
sebajuNujabes
Member
(02-02-2013, 06:38 PM)
sebajuNujabes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Auron_Kale

They look like either Nike SB Bruins or Nike SB Blazers Low, though I'm leaning towards the Bruins since I own 2 pairs of them and they look like that.

Here's my gray pair:

I really like the color combo on those. Looks like you take good care of them too.

Originally Posted by JLG-

Nike SB Fluff Bruins. My brother got them for me. There were only like 250 released. They go for about $300.

Usually don't spend that much on casual shoes but I am all over this. Thanks for the ID fellas.
freenudemacusers
Banned
(02-02-2013, 06:46 PM)
freenudemacusers's Avatar
$300... For nikes?
DominoKid
Geocities gawdamn :(
(02-02-2013, 06:52 PM)
DominoKid's Avatar

Originally Posted by macuser1of5

$300... For nikes?

i've only hit 3 bills once and i felt a bit sick afterwards...well at least until the shoes arrived

See You Next Wednesday
Banned
(02-02-2013, 07:27 PM)
See You Next Wednesday's Avatar

Originally Posted by skeezer

Any body else trying to catch the Air Jordan 3 88's coming this wednesday? I seems like it'll be tough but I'm hoping to get em. Finishline and Nikestore both confirmed theyll have em, thats about it.

I thought it was online only?
Vivalaraza
Member
(02-02-2013, 07:31 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar
Mr.Fresh
Member
(02-02-2013, 07:37 PM)
Mr.Fresh's Avatar

Originally Posted by macuser1of5

$300... For nikes?

People pay $200 plus for a old ass game to play on an old ass system. People pay $300 for a picture to sit on a wall. If people like it enough they will pay.
Alucrid
Member
(02-02-2013, 07:41 PM)
Alucrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by macuser1of5

$300... For nikes?

don't worry, i feel you

so like...why don't any of ya'll branch out into non nike sneakers?
Last edited by Alucrid; 02-02-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Alucrid
Member
(02-02-2013, 10:08 PM)
Alucrid's Avatar
this shit is blowin my mind

Mattlikewhoa
Member
(02-02-2013, 10:16 PM)
Mattlikewhoa's Avatar
I'm planning to buy a pair of the new air max 2013. I haven't decided on either red or yellow...

Originally Posted by macuser1of5

$300... For nikes?

You don't say?
entremet
Member
(02-02-2013, 10:17 PM)
entremet's Avatar
Are 13s still available at a decent price? Those were my favorites. I would love a pair.
freenudemacusers
Banned
(02-02-2013, 10:33 PM)
freenudemacusers's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr.Fresh

People pay $200 plus for a old ass game to play on an old ass system. People pay $300 for a picture to sit on a wall. If people like it enough they will pay.

This isn't lost on me. I simply think limited for the sake of limited is kinda lame. $350 gets you retail common projects suede/canvas lows, which are across the board much nicer sneakers, hype appeal aside.
ryuen
Member
(02-02-2013, 11:08 PM)
ryuen's Avatar

Originally Posted by entrement

Are 13s still available at a decent price? Those were my favorites. I would love a pair.

Some Foot Lockers/Foot Actions are re-releasing them tomorrow for Superbowl Sunday. Might be one of the last times they restock I feel in a B&M.
oyoshimaru
Member
(02-02-2013, 11:21 PM)
oyoshimaru's Avatar

Originally Posted by See You Next Wednesday

I thought it was online only?

Yeah, i meant both finishline and nikestore will have em online. I have a lot of 20 dollar Winners circle cards so im hoping to catch em at finishline for 180.
Iron E Man
Member
(02-03-2013, 12:00 AM)
Iron E Man's Avatar
Pretty good day was able to find some Iguana Roshes at retail somehow.
LJ11
Member
(02-03-2013, 12:10 AM)
LJ11's Avatar

Originally Posted by macuser1of5

This isn't lost on me. I simply think limited for the sake of limited is kinda lame. $350 gets you retail common projects suede/canvas lows, which are across the board much nicer sneakers, hype appeal aside.

Nostalgia.

When Nike started to retro the Jordan's they were dirt cheap, msrp was lower than the mainline J of the current year. The IIIs were 110, the XI were 110 to 120 and you could just walk into a store and pick up a pair. Then the cult following kept growing and growing. People want the royal blue js even though Nike released better color ways 10 years ago at an 80 dollar price point.

Hype, low quantity relative to demand, everyone wants a piece of their past. I know that's why I started, wanted to wear the kicks I had when I was a kid.
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(02-03-2013, 12:48 AM)
Auron_Kale's Avatar

Originally Posted by sebajuNujabes

I really like the color combo on those. Looks like you take good care of them too.

Thanks. That's when they were new, obviously I've worn them since but they look pretty much the same - just more worn since I've owned them for a few years now.
Bruce Lee Kicks
Member
(02-03-2013, 01:47 AM)
Bruce Lee Kicks's Avatar

Originally Posted by entrement

Are 13s still available at a decent price? Those were my favorites. I would love a pair.

I haven't seen any. I know the original colorway is being retroed this year though.
Prowl
Junior Member
(02-03-2013, 04:29 AM)
Prowl's Avatar
New Shell Toes, This thread has started it up again for me :/

Mr.Fresh
Member
(02-03-2013, 04:38 AM)
Mr.Fresh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prowl

New Shell Toes, This thread has started it up again for me :/

Nicee. I have like 5 shirts and a hoodie with that blue color. I need these.
Mr.Fresh
Member
(02-03-2013, 04:40 AM)
Mr.Fresh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alucrid

don't worry, i feel you

so like...why don't any of ya'll branch out into non nike sneakers?

Not sure about every else but Nike has a lot of good shit so I look there but I also like the reebok kamikaze line and superstar Adidas.

Edit:whoops double post :/
JLG-
Member
(02-03-2013, 04:53 AM)
JLG-'s Avatar
Nike SB Bruin "Black history month"







So clean.
MarkMan
loves Arcade Sticks
(02-03-2013, 04:53 AM)
MarkMan's Avatar
I kind of want the black/pink foams that were released recently. Just to match with my pink/black Mad Catz shirt :/
JLG-
Member
(02-03-2013, 05:06 AM)
JLG-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Alucrid

so like...why don't any of ya'll branch out into non nike sneakers?

??









FreeMufasa
Junior Member
(02-03-2013, 05:10 AM)
FreeMufasa's Avatar
Got these last week.

Man.......I need to chill. Feels like my whole pay slip keeps goin to these things
Alucrid
Member
(02-03-2013, 05:28 AM)
Alucrid's Avatar


Got them today, probably my last pick up for a while.
TheBryanJZX90
Member
(02-03-2013, 05:33 AM)
TheBryanJZX90's Avatar
So I like a lot of different sneakers but have never really delved into any kind of community around them or thought of myself as a collector. Also never really been excited about Nike as a brand. But goddamn, what is the story with that Nike Foamposite in the OP? Looks amazing, but what the hell is a foamposite?
freenudemacusers
Banned
(02-03-2013, 05:48 AM)
freenudemacusers's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alucrid

probably my last pick up for a while.

I'm gonna start keeping a log of these
bjscott05
Member
(02-03-2013, 05:55 AM)
bjscott05's Avatar

Originally Posted by Iron E Man

Pretty good day was able to find some Iguana Roshes at retail somehow.

I copped these when they first came out. Awesome pick up bro!
DominoKid
Geocities gawdamn :(
(02-03-2013, 05:59 AM)
DominoKid's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheBryanJZX90

So I like a lot of different sneakers but have never really delved into any kind of community around them or thought of myself as a collector. Also never really been excited about Nike as a brand. But goddamn, what is the story with that Nike Foamposite in the OP? Looks amazing, but what the hell is a foamposite?

Foamposite is some some space material shit Nike invented for shoes. the most iconic Foam shoe is the one in the OP, or the one i posted up above (copper foams). called the Foamposite Pro/One (price is a little different), or Foams for short. everyone will know what youre talking about.

basically they're basketball shoes, even though folks these days swear they're SO heavy (superlight shoes are the new move). i play in the Cough Drops and it truly is a great shoe to play in and they look fucking awesome. they hurt like shit to wear at first because of the plate and the rigidity of the shoe (although some releases have had "soft foam" which folks didn't like).

they're durable as shit. they stay clean better than most shoes. they feel wonderful once you've broken them in and they sort of mold to your feet. also they're really unique & eye-catching.

there's other -posite shoes. skyposite, flightposite, hyperposite, total foam max, etc.

i've got 4 pairs of Foamposites and i'd have more if they didn't cost so much. i still need to get the Red Foams. not too fond of how whored out the line has become in the last 2 years tho.
Last edited by DominoKid; 02-03-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Tekniqs
Member
(02-03-2013, 06:13 AM)
Tekniqs's Avatar
I miss my 2k4 Huraches! i let my cousin borrow them one day...never got them back LOL! I ain't even mad though...I would have done the same.
LJ11
Member
(02-03-2013, 06:24 AM)
LJ11's Avatar

Originally Posted by DominoKid

Foamposite is some some space material shit Nike invented for shoes. the most iconic Foam shoe is the one in the OP, or the one i posted up above (copper foams). called the Foamposite Pro/One (price is a little different), or Foams for short. everyone will know what youre talking about.

basically they're basketball shoes, even though folks these days swear they're SO heavy (superlight shoes are the new move). i play in the Cough Drops and it truly is a great shoe to play in and they look fucking awesome. they hurt like shit to wear at first because of the plate and the rigidity of the shoe (although some releases have had "soft foam" which folks didn't like).

they're durable as shit. they stay clean better than most shoes. they feel wonderful once you've broken them in and they sort of mold to your feet. also they're really unique & eye-catching.

there's other -posite shoes. skyposite, flightposite, hyperposite, total foam max, etc.

i've got 4 pairs of Foamposites and i'd have more if they didn't cost so much. i still need to get the Red Foams. not too fond of how whored out the line has become in the last 2 years tho.

First pair I got was back in 97 or 98, can't remember. They were all black with a neon yellow swoosh, think they were a Footaction exclusive but may be wrong. One of my favorite pairs of sneakers. Still have a pair of flightposites, but nothing compares to the foamposites.
Last edited by LJ11; 02-03-2013 at 06:28 AM.
BlackGhost
The reason the Browns haven't made the playoffs in 15 years is because they're too good
(02-03-2013, 06:25 AM)
BlackGhost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alucrid

this shit is blowin my mind

WTF am I looking at..
freenudemacusers
Banned
(02-03-2013, 06:29 AM)
freenudemacusers's Avatar
fluorescent reptile

Thread Tools