• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Koozek

When are good times to start the Gladio and Prompto Episode's? I'm finally getting back to XV after taking a break from it, and am getting all of the DLC episodes at least. I'll be sure to get Ignis' Episode too whenever that releases. Thanks!
I would play all of them after you beat the game. If you played Episode Prompto immediately after the respective point of time in the main story the DLC's post-credits scenes would totally spoil the later chapter of the main game. Maybe Ignis' DLC can be played after the beginning of the chapter following the events during which it plays in the main story. We'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: You know there are free story updates coming well into next year as announced recently, no? See: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438473

Maybe you could wait just a bit longer and experience an (hopefully) improved game.

Ludens

Banned
Is there any rumor about Comrades' lenght?
Considering it will be 10-15€ max, I don't think it will provide so much content, like I doubt it will be 40 hours long, maybe 10 hours or so?

Koozek

@FFXVEN
Our friends @Mrhappy1227 & @YunalesckaGames will be on the @Twitch Con Stage, Friday at 6PM! Tune-in! #FFXV info: http://sqex.co/4s0O30fYwhc

DMc_CEJW4AI1ARy.jpg

SoulUnison

Banned
When are good times to start the Gladio and Prompto Episode's? I'm finally getting back to XV after taking a break from it, and am getting all of the DLC episodes at least. I'll be sure to get Ignis' Episode too whenever that releases. Thanks!

Episode Gladio has a really, really obvious point where it's best started, as Gladio will pull you aside in the main game and say he wants to go off on his own for a bit to take care of something.

Episode Prompto is a little trickier and there's justification for starting it at a couple different points. Personally, I'd start it just as you start Chapter 13.

I would play all of them after you beat the game. If you played Episode Prompto immediately after the respective point of time in the main story the DLC's post-credits scenes would totally spoil the later chapter of the main game. Maybe Ignis' DLC can be played after the beginning of the chapter following the events during which it plays in the main story. We'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: You know there are free story updates coming well into next year as announced recently, no? See: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438473

Maybe you could wait just a bit longer and experience an (hopefully) improved game.

I would just play all the DLC once completing the game.

Is there any rumor about Comrades' lenght?
Considering it will be 10-15€ max, I don't think it will provide so much content, like I doubt it will be 40 hours long, maybe 10 hours or so?

Well it's a multiplayer game. So it's meant to be replayable...

Finally took the time to check out the new cutscenes in chp 12.

They were really good, more content like this please, thanks.

I believe they said they have every intention to continue adding scenes and scenarios.

@FFXVEN
Our friends @Mrhappy1227 & @YunalesckaGames will be on the @Twitch Con Stage, Friday at 6PM! Tune-in! #FFXV info: http://sqex.co/4s0O30fYwhc

DMc_CEJW4AI1ARy.jpg

I really enjoy watching Mr Happy so I am quite looking forward to actually checking this out!

NKnight7

Neo Member
Thanks everyone. If anything, I consider the free updates next year just incentive to come back to the game and play it even more, I'm excited to see what the updates will be though. I think I'll wait until Ignis' episode releases and then buy all three at once and play them, I am curious about the Comrades DLC too.

ultima786

they didn't show much in the comrades stream. It actually seemed that the "boss" didn't show up because of some sort of glitch or something, or perhaps miscommunication. Anyways, Lestallum looks really interesting. And the character avatars for the players were insanely accurate... i really wonder if they truly made those models organically using the character creator, or did they import those models in artificially?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hope FFXV GAF is still here!

MilkBeard

It has been great talking to you guys, but I'm out. I'll be over at S L & E N T if anyone wants to join, it's a cool place, and people are actually less violent on Final Fantasy discussion, even though it's not quite as populated as Gaf was (I'll probably get banned for post this, but that's okay :)).

Peace out.

Toth

Still here for now. The next few days are going to be interesting to watch unfold.

I was hoping we would have a FFXV patch this month though.

Vallen

Neo Member
Some more concept art leaked from that Cook and Becker Artbook. That original concept for the fight in Insomnia looked way darker than what the movie ultimately had.
It also seems that Noct was very much meant to be in the city during the invasion even around the time of Episode Duscae since that final art piece was in the Demo and it appears to be from the same stage of the game's life:

tumblr_p0cgovhxCc1u6i0ico2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p0cgovhxCc1u6i0ico1_1280.jpg

Old art but it's from the same batch:
finalfantasyxvcitydestroyedartwork.jpg

Dunan

Is this really the most recent OT for FFXV? (If not, mods, I'll gladly post in whatever topic is.)

So I played this game a bid at launch -- got as far as Altissia -- and after watching the Kingsglaive movie my better half is pestering me to play this again so she can see wha tthe "real" story is about.

I bought the North American version (so that I could also buy DLC/add-ons if I wanted them) and am debating whether to restart or go back to where I was. There have been ~20 (!) patches since I last played: we were at, I think, 1.02 or 1.03 and when I put the disc in, the game started loading patch 1.23.

I'm trying to find a patch log so I can see what has changed, but can't find one. (Google brings up a ton of FF14 patch notes.)

(Editing my own post: this wiki describes the patches; wow. there are a lot of changes.)

Is it worth starting over from scratch? And is it worth downloading 1.23, or should I stay at 1.00, which would not require a multi-hour download and installation? Any big QoL improvements in the latest version?

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned
Is this really the most recent OT for FFXV? (If not, mods, I'll gladly post in whatever topic is.)

So I played this game a bid at launch -- got as far as Altissia -- and after watching the Kingsglaive movie my better half is pestering me to play this again so she can see wha tthe "real" story is about.

I bought the North American version (so that I could also buy DLC/add-ons if I wanted them) and am debating whether to restart or go back to where I was. There have been ~20 (!) patches since I last played: we were at, I think, 1.03 or 1.04 and when I put the disc in, the game started loading patch 1.23.

I'm trying to find a patch log so I can see what has changed, but can't find one. (Google brings up a ton of FF14 patch notes.)

Is it worth starting over from scratch? And is it worth downloading 1.23, or should I stay at 1.00, which would not require a multi-hour download and installation? Any big QoL improvements in the latest version?
This seems to be the most recent OT so don't be worried about that.

Anyway here's a list of the patch notes up to the most recent one, most notable additions are more story scenes, additional playable parts in Chapter 13, offroad mod for the Regalia and character switching in battle:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_XV_patches

Starting over really depends on yourself and how important these sorts of things are, and how far you got in the first place.

Dunan

Going through that patch list now; I discovered it as you were posting! There is also this official list: https://finalfantasyxv.com/updates, which does not include patch numbers but does have exact dates.)

I'm leaning towards playing again, with the latest patch but on easy mode (at least until Chapter 8/9, where I left off). I've forgotten a ton of stuff! It's actually a little disturbing playing a patchable game because usually it's clear when they changed something but sometimes I think my memory is playing tricks on me (could you always accept more than one hunt quest at a time?).

And -- might as well ask while I'm here -- this Royal Edition is pretty confusing. So it contains all the DLC plus the free updated content? It's downloadable, because it's bigger than what would fit on a Blu-ray, but is it a one-time code or is it downloaded automatically, like the 1.xx patches? That is, is a used copy of the Royal Edition practically worthless?

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
I think that maybe for the Paris Games Week 2018 they could show the stand-alone version of Comrades.
But I'm much more curious to see a first look at Episode Ardyn :messenger_smiling_hearts:

SoulUnison

Banned
Oh, cool, I thought this was still a ways off.

Is this the one they're presenting in English?

EDIT: Awesome. We're gonna see some Episode Ardyn.

Wait... They're cancelling everything except Ardyn?
And Tabata resigned a week ago!?

Square... Why are you stomping on my dreams?
Suddenly it feels like a goddamn miracle that we're getting Kingdom Hearts III.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
I was thinking that, among the many epic things that can be said with this prequel, it will be epic to see the battle of the Gods O_O

The conflict that will give rise to the Starscourge.

royox

Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn Prologue trailer :messenger_smiling_hearts:

So now not only the base game is such a mess that it requires a Movie, anime, Official Guide and DLC so players can get a hint of the game's story and lore...now even the DLC needs an anime precuel. Great job Squeenix, every time I think I can't be more disapointed HERE YOU ARE showing me how wrong I was xDDDDDD!!!

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
So now not only the base game is such a mess that it requires a Movie, anime, Official Guide and DLC so players can get a hint of the game's story and lore...now even the DLC needs an anime precuel. Great job Squeenix, every time I think I can't be more disapointed HERE YOU ARE showing me how wrong I was xDDDDDD!!!

Look, if I can say my opinion, it makes no sense trying to complain about the new contents released for the game, because they are pubblished even for free (since it is a prequel anime, in the style of Brotherhood FFXV).
So, from my point of view, there are no sense complaing for this.
If I can say it.

Because, in fact, it makes no sense to trying to complain about the anime prequel episode of Episode Ardyn, since it will be released for free on Youtube.
Then, everyone can have their own opinion on how certain elements of history and Lore are handled.
But, a person who has followed the project from beginning to end, and knows that Final Fantasy XV it is a multimedia project (as early as 2016), I do not think it should be surprising if this Universe is expanded even with medium already used, as free anime episodes on Youtube.

And, concluding, if you are interested in Final Fantasy XV, its universe and its Lore, then you will follow with great pleasure its continuation and its evolution.
If you are not interested in Final Fantasy XV, then you should not even follow that topic.

That said, I will gladly follow the whole narrative universe of Final Fantasy XV.
Always.

And if they decide to do more future anime, film, or hypothetical prequel or spinoff games of Final Fantasy XV, I will continue to play them, and follow them, anyway.

Because, for me, Final Fantasy XV is one of the best Final Fantasy ever made (and it's in my Top 3 of the best, along with FF VI and FF IX), and it's one of the best games of this console generation.

Last edited:

royox

Completed. The word you are looking for is "completed". Or finished.

The "It's a multimedia project" is a poor excuse for an incomplete mess that requires the player to expend more time out of the game than playing it to understand the game.

D.Final

Banned
Completed. The word you are looking for is "completed". Or finished.

The "It's a multimedia project" is a poor excuse for an incomplete mess that requires the player to expend more time out of the game than playing it to understand the game.

No.
It's not an excuse.
(in this case)

Since it was clear as early as 2016.

And, if you see it this way, I can not help you.

But, the fact is that, and try to complain about the free stuff (like the anime episodes of Final Fantasy XV, distributed for free) does not make sense.

Then, if you do not care about things, then it's another matter.
(and, it would be wise that you do not complain to random, even for the free support given to the universe of Final Fantasy XV)

And, therefore, accept that these things given for free are a good thing for Final Fantasy XV and its universe.
And, if you crave to complain about things that do not even interest you, you'd better not even talk about Final Fantasy XV.

Last edited:

royox

And, therefore, accept that these things given for free are a good thing for Final Fantasy XV and its universe.

Oh I can say that. I like that I'm getting some canon answers about basic stuff the base game never explained. What I and much people don't like is having to wait 3 years to get basic lore information with a paid DLC and an anime precuel of this dlc. It's ridiculous.

Just Imagine 10 years from now on, somebody ask on gaf "Wanna play some old FF games what do you recommend?" and people starts answering 6,7,9,10 and suddently one person says

"I recommend FFXV but to get the whole picture you need
-A 2 hours long movie
-3 animes
-4 DLC's that are included in the Royal edition
-A 5ft DLC that's not included in the Royal Edition
-An Anime precuel to that 5ft DLC
-The oficial guide because there's some major plot points that are only explained there
-A Book

It's beyond retarded. If I were the person opening the thread I would say "well fuck this game I will try FFXIII instead".

D.Final

Banned
Oh I can say that. I like that I'm getting some canon answers about basic stuff the base game never explained. What I and much people don't like is having to wait 3 years to get basic lore information with a paid DLC and an anime precuel of this dlc. It's ridiculous.

Just Imagine 10 years from now on, somebody ask on gaf "Wanna play some old FF games what do you recommend?" and people starts answering 6,7,9,10 and suddently one person says

"I recommend FFXV but to get the whole picture you need
-A 2 hours long movie
-3 animes
-4 DLC's that are included in the Royal edition
-A 5ft DLC that's not included in the Royal Edition
-An Anime precuel to that 5ft DLC
-The oficial guide because there's some major plot points that are only explained there
-A Book

It's beyond retarded. If I were the person opening the thread I would say "well fuck this game I will try FFXIII instead".

If one wants to follow a Narrative Universe, also built in a certain way (with even anime and film), one can follow it without any prolem.
And it makes no sense to try to see this new narrative vision as a negative aspect at all costs, trying to judge even the personal tastes of other people.
(as if, one who played TW3 can never ever read the books of the same saga)

So if one wants, and if you liked the story and Lore of the main game of Final Fantasy XV, then he will gladly follow all his Narrative Universe.
(watching movies and anime very willingly, and playing with passion all its current and future contents).

That which can not equally say those who did not appreciate this narrative idea of the Multimedia Universe.

Since I've appreciated it, I'm happy.

And, since I've played all the Final Fantasy games, I'm just as happy to recommend playing, and living, the Final Fantasy XV game (and the Narrative Universe) to all videogames fans.

And with this, I closed the conversation with you.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I finally took some time to watch the ending to this game... after having given it up a few weeks after launch and going as far as the Titan fight... and I wonder why people even defend this game. People shit on FFXIII and yet this gets a pass somehow. Unbelievable.

D.Final

Banned
For me Final Fantasy XV was a wonderful videogame experience.
(one of the best of this generation of consoles)

One of the biggest (and / or the biggest), and epic, Final Fantasy ever made.
Really beautiful and wonderful :messenger_smiling_hearts:

royox

I finally took some time to watch the ending to this game... after having given it up a few weeks after launch and going as far as the Titan fight... and I wonder why people even defend this game. People shit on FFXIII and yet this gets a pass somehow. Unbelievable.

Lower standards or buyer's remorse. Waiting for a game so long and getting everything about that game to the point you yourself have to believe it's a good game even if you have to repeat yourself that it's not a game, it's a multimedia experience that requires movies, animes, 2 videoames, 5 dlcs (more but they were cancelled), a book, cutscenes added months and years AFTER release and an official guide so you can ONLY understand the main story.

Out of this it was a cool and Shinny FedEx simulator with some monster hunting and fishing.

Top Bottom