• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Grief.exe

The thing you did wrong here was not conceding on turn 2. Seriously. This brawl is easy to farm wins with because you just concede early until you get an insane start and then your opponent concedes early. 5 min games should be the norm.

That makes the most sense. Went 0-5 just letting my opponents absolutely destroy me, then finally had 3 huge legendaries in my opening hand to close out the last game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this brawl is hot garbage. Apparently though it is the most popular one. I guess the quick concedes are why? I have no desire and an active dislike of it, but apparently I am in the minority. Brawls like this make me want to play Gwent more.

Ladekabel

Yeah this brawl is hot garbage. Apparently though it is the most popular one. I guess the quick concedes are why? I have no desire and an active dislike of it, but apparently I am in the minority. Brawls like this make me want to play Gwent more.

This brawl is probably popular because it gives players the chance to play cards they normally don't have access to.

Tacitus_

Easy to farm win quests as well. Mulligan for big stuff and pray to RNGesus.

yeah anytime i get to play with people who play with something other than the same 200 cards that are in every deck on ladder it's a good time, solid brawl and great for quests

patchday

The RNG on this brawl is frustrating.

that's all I needed to know. I wont bother doing this Brawl. I get so enraged by these random brawls. I know why they are there but I just cant take them

oh man at this rate the crack needle will be firmly out of my arms. I remember when I used to wake up I couldn't wait to see what quest i get. Now here we are I just cant work myself up to logon

Still amazing game- I still will preorder next expac lol

Fewr

When do you guys expect the new expansion to be announced and to be released?
Is it outrageous to think it will be announced in mid June, and released in mid August?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
When do you guys expect the new expansion to be announced and to be released?
Is it outrageous to think it will be announced in mid June, and released in mid August?

Release is probably right but that is a little early to announce maybe.

Fewr

I'm thinking time is getting tight for 3 expansions, so probably the third one will be released in December.

patchday

hope they announce soon. Looking forward to some single player content too even if it's just a short little adventure that grants some free cards

Oh wait a sec--- did they ever patch the game so we can do quests with friends??? That will get me to logon in a jiffy

hope they announce soon. Looking forward to some single player content too even if it's just a short little adventure that grants some free cards

Oh wait a sec--- did they ever patch the game so we can do quests with friends??? That will get me to logon in a jiffy

not until the next patch. i think they realize making mobile users download 2gb of data biweekly really annoys the userbase.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dude Paladin in Wild is pretty awesome. Similar winrate to Secret Paladin except it's actually a little more brainy and isn't quite as curvestone. Vinecleaver actually performs pretty well there.

Ladekabel

Dude Paladin in Wild is pretty awesome. Similar winrate to Secret Paladin except it's actually a little more brainy and isn't quite as curvestone. Vinecleaver actually performs pretty well there.

Dude Paladin is one of the wild decks I want to play but I don't want to craft two Quartermasters when I still have a few Standard epics to craft... :/

Heropon

I didn't want to complain about the Un'Goro packs being rigged because randomness and all that but it isn't normal getting the same rares all the time.

z5SrBJw.png

Now that I've got these two guys in the same pack I think I'm fed up. For the next expansion I'm going to count how many repeats of the same card I get instead of stopping at 2 to see if I'm crazy or I'm just obssessed with Terrorscale Stalker and Mirage Caller.

Pooya

I've been playing jade shaman all season last month and it's like the meta has been moving in a direction to make the deck better and better, my results have been improving and the list got better too. Bring your tokens, any kind, I take it.

It seems there are less mages around overall unlike early last season and those are the most annoying games. Ignoring some odd quest rogue here and there, I think the deck beats everything else in particular aggro is crushed. I love it. Right now it's pretty good and the deck is so fun.

Peléo

Question for the Wild Players: Is murloc Shaman played? Everyfin is Awesome seems really strong with Call in the Finishers. I don't have the quest so can't test the Megafin variant.

PS: Just played agains a Reno Warrior.

draws are so weird in this game.

People at lower ranks play so bad at times. Some hunter didn't pop my Ice Block for 2 or 3 turns because he wanted to conserve the charge on his bow until popping my ice block. Then he popped me at 3 instead of 1 life making it possible for me to pop his explosive trap and afterwards alex myself for lethal next turn.

Like seriously at least 3 people threw their matches against me between rank 16 and 14 so far and one more forced a draw on himself by continuing to draw cards with Auctioneer when he had me dead on board.

wiibomb

I'm always blown away that so many of you hit rank 5 every month. The time involved, g'damn...

hitting 5 is not that difficult, I believe hitting legend is the real difficult thing since there are no winstreaks, in any case this is my first time hitting rank 5 in more than a year that I have playing this game.

Fewr

I'm always blown away that so many of you hit rank 5 every month. The time involved, g'damn...
Same. I'm slowly building my collection of cards to get more competitive and reach something higher than 20. Week after week I feel slightly better equipped and more confident.

I'm using my own decks, nothing pre-made so maybe that's why.

Peléo;238784838 said:
Question for the Wild Players: Is murloc Shaman played? Everyfin is Awesome seems really strong with Call in the Finishers. I don't have the quest so can't test the Megafin variant.

PS: Just played agains a Reno Warrior.
Just play it without the quest it's a better aggro deck quest is better vs control but if you get a lucky first few turns quest is very irrelevant deck can be dirty as it is maybe use Jeeves without quest

So I ended up making 15 last month after all. On my sixth rank 15 boss I won running quest rogue. Finally! I finished up at rank 14 which is decent for me. It took until the day before the end of the season but I did it.

I'm going to run the disgusting Hyena Hunter this month I think. Already getting good results and it's fast and cheap.

Fixed1979

Sigh, started the wild season out with a bang, 2 20 minute matches against a fatigue rogue in which he forced us to a draw both games... If you cause yourself to die on your turn regardless of what happens to the other player you should get the loss.

Spending that much time playing two games without gaining or loosing stars is not much fun...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hi, so i havent been following the Journey to Un'goro meta... did Jade Druid break the game already?

* Curses Jade Idol in spanish *

Miracle Rogue players are so bad. Stop drawing cards when you already have lethal 3 times over against mage. All you're doing is making Fatigue and out for me.

Corrupted Healbot is the worst hit off Firelands Portal.

Hybris

Miracle Rogue players are so bad. Stop drawing cards when you already have lethal 3 times over against mage. All you're doing is making Fatigue and out for me.

Corrupted Healbot is the worst hit off Firelands Portal.

It takes some special kind of RNG to beat mage as miracle rogue, I don't blame him for showboating a bit.

What decks did people use to hit legend this month? I've stalled out and rank 1 with quest warrior and it's frustrating as all hell

I played a mix of burn mage, freeze mage, miracle rogue, and silence priest. Mostly miracle rogue.

It takes some special kind of RNG to beat mage as miracle rogue, I don't blame him for showboating a bit.
It's definitely favoured for the mage but the miracle rogue can race it just fine. Burn mage doesn't have many answers to big minions outside of burn that then doesn't go to face. I'm already deviating from a couple lists by running a meteor. They have a recursive threat in Sherazin and damage from hand as well as a hero power that's lethal after popping an ice block.

I've already had a draw today that the rogue player had in the bag if he had not gotten greedy. He Pryoblasted my face when he was at 1 health with an auctioneer and in fatigue. We both died. That is after he drew approx. 6 more cards than necessary.

wiibomb

Hi, so i havent been following the Journey to Un'goro meta... did Jade Druid break the game already?

* Curses Jade Idol in spanish *

I have been playing that deck a lot lately, that deck isn't that good. Breaks completely with any fast aggro and gets screwed over a bad draw.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Spending 7000 dust on paladin cards feels stupid when that's all the dust i have and I've never really played paladin but the only other thing i currently want to spend it on is dumb wild legendaries.

wiibomb

at this point I'm waiting on Blizzard to re-release Naxx, there are a lot of cards in that set that I could use and no way I'm crafting a loatheb.

apart from that, I don't think there are much legendaries I want from wild, only from standard.

iirate

Strifecro is seriously ridiculously good.

Watching him beat a Jade druid with reno mage is just amazing.

I love him so much. It helps that he favors the same style of decks that I do, but he's so smart, informative, and calm. As far as HS streaming goes, I only tend to watch StrifeCro, big tourneys, and Kibler's highlights.

Spending 7000 dust on paladin cards feels stupid when that's all the dust i have and I've never really played paladin but the only other thing i currently want to spend it on is dumb wild legendaries.

Worth.

Hybris

Muzzy's run in prelims was so godlike. Finally a good finish from him. His lineup was so good against the meta in that tournament.

Ladekabel

Draw rng hasn't been nice to me in the last week and a half. Dead draws all along, my opponent drawing everything he needs, gets the thing from rng. Really want to enjoy the game but it's making it hard for me. Like, I haven't been able to attack my opponent in the face for four games now.

wiibomb

I just can't believe a rank legend player is dropped all the way to rank 16, it makes the ladder an extremely grindy service.

people should drop 5 ranks at most

Sheroking

Alex needs to go visit Rag in the Hall of Fame.

Next expansion is probably like 2 months away.

I'm stockpiling Dust for that because I don't want to give Blizzard as much money this time.

Top Bottom