• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ban shinobi if old. Apparently IGN will be revealing multiple Call of Duty Ghosts vids on their site all this week. And in a series first, it will be shown on a Playstation console (PS4 1080p) before release.

LVV2w7E.png

Normally since the Activision/MS partnership all marketing footage up to and after a COD release has been shown on the Xbox (PS3 preview builds were still shown to the media, but not in direct feed marketing vids).

Very strange. Here's the videos so far which shows AWESOME PS4 COD:G MENU FOOTAGE: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/18/inside-call-of-duty-ghosts-squads-mode

(note: the first video in the IGN link is the XB1 marketing video, the rest are PS4 vids).

Iacobellis

It's all about that lead platform.

Wait, but I thought non-Xbox versions of the game can't be advertised pre-launch? Contract cut short?

Definitely the first time since the MS-Acti partnership was announced anyways. I remember them showing the PS3 version of CoD4 as part of an E3 showreel (though, admittedly, that was also for Sony's E3 press conference).

StuBurns

Banned
Not a big deal.

First since the deal? Sure, but also the first since the deal that the PS version will be better, so there's no reason to think it was the deal that had them showing the 360 version anyway.

RulkezX

Interesting , I also saw AC4 adverts on prime time UK TV this week and only Sony platforms were mentioned with the PS4 box art given lead.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Interesting , I also saw AC4 adverts on prime time UK TV this week and only Sony platforms were mentioned with the PS4 box art given lead.
hasn't all games done that so far(ubi games anyway)
it's like the Xbone don't exist, even devs talk about PS4 when mentioning Nextgen projects.

IconGrist

The first video on the page I believe is X1 footage. In the menu footage you can clearly see an "A" prompt. Must be the other video below it which I haven't watched yet.

Hoodbury

Since he lists out that it's the PS4 at 1080p, is that a hint that maybe the Xbone version isn't 1080p? Otherwise why wouldn't they use the Xbone version?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Maybe IW/Acti has always had discretion to showcase the most polished/best build on whatever platform, and it's just that now it's a playstation rather than a Xbox.

(Although how PC figures in to this I don't know...but maybe they want to showcase it on a console because they know most of the audience is on consoles)

Bailers

It is a trend to just show PS4 isn't it? BF4, COD, AC4, NFS, even Watch Dogs. Was TitanFall the X1 or PC build, anyone know?

I've no doubt the differences are slim between the multi-players, but it makes you wonder why even the games that are going early DLC on X1 are showing the PS4 build.

dugdug

Banned
Man. Remember the rumors that MS was moneyhatting devs to only show XB1 footage of their games? I'm glad that didn't happen.

In fact, I can't think of any multiplat games that have *only* been shown on XB1.

This is surprising. I honestly expected we wouldn't see PS4 footage of this game til PS4 launch day.

As you should. From what I remember there's never been official CoD PS footage before its release since MS signed that contract. They always use the 360, although I think one time Nvidia demoed it on the PC at one of their events. But never on a PS console.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The first video on the page I believe is X1 footage. In the menu footage you can clearly see an "A" prompt. Must be the other video below it which I haven't watched yet.

Right, that's the standard marketing footage using XB1. Or at least some build with XB1 buttons.

Maybe IW/Acti has always had discretion to showcase the most polished/best build on whatever platform, and it's just that now it's a playstation rather than a Xbox.

(Although how PC figures in to this I don't know...but maybe they want to showcase it on a console because they know most of the audience is on consoles)

Maybe. But it's weird they would shift when they debuted on XB1, showcased it on Jimmy Fallon on an XB1, and up till now had all trailers and marketing with XB1 buttons.

Ban shinobi if old. Apparently IGN will be revealing multiple Call of Duty Ghosts vids on their site all this week. And in a series first, it will be shown on a Playstation console (PS4 1080p) before release.

LVV2w7E.png

Normally since the Activision/MS partnership all marketing footage up to and after a COD release has been shown on the Xbox (PS3 preview builds were still shown to the media, but not in direct feed marketing vids).

Very strange. Here's the videos so far which shows AWESOME PS4 COD:G MENU FOOTAGE: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/18/inside-call-of-duty-ghosts-squads-mode

Lol at Shinobi comment

Interesting. I guess now people will finally realize they can play COD on the ps4

Krakn3Dfx

Since he lists out that it's the PS4 at 1080p, is that a hint that maybe the Xbone version isn't 1080p? Otherwise why wouldn't they use the Xbone version?

Pretty sure IW has said 1080/60 on both.

PS4 version probably ends up running/looking better tho, so it's the version they would want to use for demoing the game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Maybe. But it's weird they would shift when they debuted on XB1, showcased it on Jimmy Fallon on an XB1, and up till now had all trailers and marketing with XB1 buttons.

Didn't know they showed it on Fallon on XB1. That does make it stranger. Maybe there's something in their contract about TV promo/advertising but not other kinds?

Skeff

I will laugh so hard if the CoD adverts eventually get "footage from PS4" at the bottom followed by the standard available on xbox advert finish.

have we even seen real XB1 footage yet? and I don't mean PC with xb1 button prompts like the multiplayer reveal?

Mikey Jr.

This is........bizarre.

Essentially COD=Xbox.

I mean, it was at their fucking Xbone reveal! They have map packs coming first to Xbone and everything. Strange stuff.

I wonder if they will ask them about that.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

This is anecdotal from E3, but...

I've heard the architecture with the ESRAM is actually a major hurdle in development because you need to manually fill and flush it.

So unless MS's APIs have improved to the point that this is essentially automatic, the bandwidth and hardware speed are probably irrelevant.

For reference, the story going around E3 went something like this:

"ATVI was doing the CoD: Ghosts port to nextgen. It took three weeks for PS4 and came out at 90 FPS unoptimized, and four months on Xbone and came out at 15 FPS."
No way, can't be true

It's all about that lead platform.

Wait, but I thought non-Xbox versions of the game can't be advertised pre-launch? Contract cut short?

You're not making any sense whatsoever and you're drawing a big assumption based on nothing. If we go by the MS-Activision partnership and sales history (and online presence), then clearly the Xbox would be the lead platform.

Top Bottom