• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official (WW) Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Reunions, Forgiveness and Love

Amir0x

Banned
I don't take off of work for games, but conveniently I don't have to for this one... I already have Monday and Tuesday off on November 12 and 13 :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Well that one Nintendo rep so nobody would have the final game until October 12 or something, so SOMEONE out there is probably playing the final product around now...

Amir0x

Banned
It was Dragona who "jinxed" it, that is to say Dragona associated the game with the second coming of jesus and changed the thread titles to say that.

Nonetheless, I could not "jinx" something that turned out as phenomenally as Super Paper Mario, so please die in a cat attack.

Super Paper Mario was downright awful–IS worst game, easily. And Paper Mario is like my favorite N64 game.

No, THIS game is Mario's true return to form. <3

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Amir0x said:
Nonetheless, I could not "jinx" something that turned out as phenomenally as Super Paper Mario, so please die in a cat attack.

That would be a bad way to go

Amir0x

Banned
Super Paper Mario was never said to be "Mario's return to form", it was a sidescrolling RPG in the classical sense. A long-dead genre was revived with stunning results.

BUT THIS IS ABOUT SUPER MARIO GALAXY, NOTHING CAN GO WRONG

Shouldn't Famitsu be getting this soon? Are you guys anticipating a 40/40 from them? And I asked this earlier, but no one responded... could any J-Gaffers give an impression of the hype surrounding SMG? Seen many posters or commercials for it yet?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
nl5toz.jpg

200sd4k.jpg

qz5iro.jpg

21ajvqo.jpg

GAME OF THE FOREVAR!
260qzxd.gif

Amir0x

Banned
39/40, at least. But who cares about Famitsu, that magazine sucks. Whether the score is 10/10, or 2/40, it is meaningless.

White Man

Amir0x said:
Super Paper Mario was never said to be "Mario's return to form", it was a sidescrolling RPG in the classical sense. A long-dead genre was revived with stunning results.

BUT THIS IS ABOUT SUPER MARIO GALAXY, NOTHING CAN GO WRONG

Amirox, Caligula is not pleased. . .

24f9sex.jpg

. . .and if you jinx this game, he will be out to do some pleasin'.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
This will be one of the best games ever, the only thing that could beat it if they ever made New Super Mario Bros. 2 that rips Mario World and combines it with the pure sex that is Mario 3.

Enk

makes good threads.
The difference between what we've seen of Mario Galaxy and what we saw of Super Paper Mario is that we can tell there's going to be a bit of challenge to this game. I don't think the Amir0x jinx is gonna happen this time. *crosses fingers*

fabs115

heres hoping the nintendo world store has it that sunday so i can play all day and not have to wait till after work monday:)

White Man

Amir0x said:
Talk to Dragona about that shit, Super Paper Mario's pure awesome is not the subject of this thread fool

You don't even want to know how Super Paper Mario makes Caligula feel. It would require posting a screenshot that would befoul the innocence of all in this thread.

dkeane

I can't stop watching that gif. I will spend hours just playing around with the different gravity in this game.

Jumping has never been so much fun!

Crushed

Fry Daddy
White Man said:
Amirox, Caligula is not pleased. . .

http://i22.tinypic.com/24f9[B]sex[/B].jpg[img]

. . .and if you jinx this game, he will be out to do some pleasin'.[/QUOTE]

That is an interesting co-ink-ee-dink right there. :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This is as good a place as any- since the Japanese release is first, any sales predictions from Japanese GAFers?

Nintaiyo

Nintendo actually launched the official US SMG site a few days ago(not just the blurb on the Wii site), but I can't seem to find it anymore. It was just a teaser site, though.

Amir0x

Banned
he likes Flash Focus Training, he is not relevant

Super Mario Galaxy will be awesome, there's no effort required to know it will be awesome. elevated above all system wars, nothing can defile it

Zeed

Banned
With Brawl out of the way this is surely going to be the 2007 Wii GOTY - perhaps even, dare I say it, GOTY Period.

TheWolf

Banned
White Man said:
You don't even want to know how Super Paper Mario makes Caligula feel. It would require posting a screenshot that would befoul the innocence of all in this thread.

Jupiter accepts your offer.

jjasper

If I could only play 1 game the rest of the year it is this. Easily the most hyped I have been for a game in a long time. Mario is back bitches!

Amir0x

Banned
jjasper said:
If I could only play 1 game the rest of the year it is this. Easily the most hyped I have been for a game in a long time. Mario is back bitches!

man this has been a year of so many awesome games, this would be the worst year to be forced to only play 1 game :lol

careksims

This game and Mass Effect? Holy crap! November will be a epic month! I am more excited for this one though! NSMB and Super Paper Mario don't cut it!

Top Bottom