• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you get the celestial mount for buying anything in the store.

I just realised when I get Cho'Gall, my "take to 10 to learn" project will be nigh impossible with him :(

Anything that costs real money. Spending gems on a hero or hero bundle doesn't get it.

buying gems does tho :3

Dreavus

Where do you guys find QM partners? I literally just want to queue up with someone for the EXP bonus, but the only populated channel is team league. I do have a bunch of random dudes on my FL but they don't always come through.

you get the celestial mount for buying anything in the store.

I just realised when I get Cho'Gall, my "take to 10 to learn" project will be nigh impossible with him :(

buying gems does tho :3

Sure you can, you just need a dedicated Wingman and it will take twice as long (both heads!)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thats the problem, I have no wingman, dedicated or otherwise.

GGs with Altaire tonight tho. My Falstad career is...ok? Just like the hero? Went 9-5 today /shrug

Ill probably not touch him again after 10 tbh.

Altairre

Good day to come back to this game. GGs Rhaknar, some well timed hinterlands. That double kill with Murky against Zarya and Khara was definitely my highlight of the evening.

Kioshen

I just had to suffer through a full murky brawl round. It was something special that's for sure. Thankfully we crushed them but still.

Alur

YGwqHRN.gif

You deserved worse.
Kappa

kirblar

We're getting Stukov at some point this year!

But we really really need more tanks and healers, hopefully those start getting announced.

Rhaknar

no but for real tho, Genji has to be nerfed right? Shit is ridiculous.

Maybe they're waiting until after Memorial Day to announce anything. Either way I hope they give us something soon. I have a huge problem that no matter the hero I'm always thinking "who is the next hero?" They could probably tell me the next 10 and I'd still be asking "And then..?"

kirblar

Genji's big issue is two-fold from a design perspective

a) Mobility creep in general - his escape is crazy
b) w/ the amount of terrain he can traverse, the current zoom levels are not acceptable. Like, you just can't fight him because HE GOES OFF YOUR SCREEN COMPLETELY.

scoobs

He's pretty nuts in the right hands. I think they'll nerf him very slowly over time but his winrate and pro play isn't out of hand yet so I don't really see a need for it

Dahbomb

They need more healers/supports in the game. Always play against the same 5 healer supports but there are a shit ton of Assassins in the game.

Mercy when?

Other ideas for support characters:

*Anduin Wryn
*Protoss Arbiter or Sentry
*Protoss Selendis (doubles as having a female Protoss character)
*Diablo 2 Paladin (yeah I know we have Uther but fuck Uther)
*Diablo 3 Maghda (summoner plus shields)

Also when we gonna get Protoss Fenix (aka Protoss Dragoon), Diablo 2 Assassin, Diablo 2 Baal and Diablo 3 Malthael.

Ketch

Genji is fine

He sucks in pve, can't 1 shot people, and he doesn't even have a good win rate.

He's no more deserving of a nerf then any of the other current meta heroes.

They need to rework lili so you can target her heal (make it a skill shot), nerf malf, and add a half support which doesn't rely on shields.

FoxSpirit

Okay, opened like 28 boxes I had sitting around, 22 regular, 5 rare, 1 epic.
Got Rexxar, Anubarak, Genji, Chromie and Raynor.
Nice :)

kirblar

Genji is fine

He sucks in pve, can't 1 shot people, and he doesn't even have a good win rate.

He's no more deserving of a nerf then any of the other current meta heroes.

They need to rework lili so you can target her heal (make it a skill shot), nerf malf, and add a half support which doesn't rely on shields.
Li Li's fine, she's a healer for low skill players who still sees occasional competitive play as a half-support. Just add more healers.

And fucking nerf Malf, jesus christ. Way too much CC/dmg in a can w/ dream ALONG WITH NO MANA ISSUES.

Ketch

Li Li's fine, she's a healer for low skill players who still sees occasional competitive play as a half-support. Just add more healers.

And fucking nerf Malf, jesus christ. Way too much CC/dmg in a can w/ dream ALONG WITH NO MANA ISSUES.

I agree with everything you wrote here. I just think it would be nice if lili was competitively viable when she's not broken. If they gave her a rework or at least a level 1 talent that lets you target your heals and it's like we have another full support in the game.

Also, @alur You're like the Brick from Anchorman of gifs.

Rhaknar

Rag is weird. He looks like a tank so you kinda forget that hes a squishy assassin. I also cant seem to settle on a build. I do like him tho, quite a bit in fact. Just havent managed to wrap my head around him yet, like I did with Graymane for example (all the other assassins I can think of are ranged)

Rag is weird. He looks like a tank so you kinda forget that hes a squishy assassin. I also cant seem to settle on a build. I do like him tho, quite a bit in fact. Just havent managed to wrap my head around him yet, like I did with Graymane for example (all the other assassins I can think of are ranged)

Thrall is melee.

Butcher looks like a tank.

I've been playing sonya today and I thought it was clicking at one point but really the main issue I am having is the damn chain hook. It is so slow and the range is hard to figure plus once you do land they just move cause they aren't stunned.

Dahbomb

Illidan and Butcher are assassins too.

Rhaknar

I didnt say there werent any more I said I couldnt remember, and since the majority of those are heroes I dont like, I guess thats why lol :)

I really like his kit tho. The speed boost is lovely to help teammates escape. So sulfuras smash only stuns when it hits smack in the middle? People keep not getting stunned when I use it :/ Like I get why its the "best" ult but I a tually really like the wave. Good for clearing and even if 99 % the time it wont hit enemy players, it at least scares them off and makes them disengage / move, much like other ults that you only use for that. Of course this one is lane specific so...yeah.

Fancolors

Obligatory reminder that you can also get the bundle on other regions. You know, in case you are in another continent and decide to play HotS

Rhaknar

Obligatory reminder that you can also get the bundle on other regions. You know, in case you are in another continent and decide to play HotS

you dont even need a seperate account for that by the way.

Genji's big issue is two-fold from a design perspective

a) Mobility creep in general - his escape is crazy
b) w/ the amount of terrain he can traverse, the current zoom levels are not acceptable. Like, you just can't fight him because HE GOES OFF YOUR SCREEN COMPLETELY.

Mobility is mostly all he has, outside of Deflect. He's Illidan without any of the stickiness and none of the sustain. Genji is an absolute terror in the right hands against the right heroes and borderline useless against others or in the hands of a bad/inexperienced player.

Top Bottom