• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite Simpsons joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how he just sits there, nearly motionless.

244994.gif

"I will."

Hazmat

382269.jpg

I've always had a soft spot for Fuzzy Bunny's Guide to You-Know-What.

"His voice was changing, he had acne, and fur where there was no fur before."

Dylan

Oh man, this thread!

Few things make me as nostalgic as classic Simpsons. A couple years ago I went back and started watching classic episodes, and they actually made me feel sad, because I could vividly remember being a teen (and preteen!) and seeing them for the first time, and then going to school and repeating the jokes with my friends. One of my best friends in Grade School / High School could do a perfect Homer impression, and we would sit at the back of class and he would make me crack up every day. He got me in trouble multiple times because of it. It was impossible to hold it in.

I think if I had to pick an absolute favourite gag, it would be this one, because it was probably the first time I thought a joke was so funny that I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. The distance the ambulance drives before crashing, and the way they draw it being so mangled, I still can't handle it.

simpsons-pain-head-smash.gif

There's a book by Chris Turner called "Planet Simpson", in which he argues that our generation should be called "The Simpsons Generation", because that show, more than anything else, unified us, and gave us a unique language and humour, compared to generations prior. I think he was spot on in that regard.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's a tie between "Super-Nintendo Chalmers" and the "Aurora Borealis localized entirely in your kitchen" exchange between Chalmers and Skinner.

Bumhead

Banned
1018400.jpg

"Springfield will have its first annual 'Do What You Feel' festival this Saturday, whenever you feel like showing up! It will be a welcome change to our 'Do As We Say' festival, started by German settlers in 1946"

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Oh man, this thread!

There's a book by Chris Turner called "Planet Simpson", in which he argues that our generation should be called "The Simpsons Generation", because that show, more than anything else, unified us, and gave us a unique language and humour, compared to generations prior. I think he was spot on in that regard.
This is so true. I'll be 32 this year and references to this show have been in my daily lexicon for nearly 25 years. Same with all my friends and plenty of people around my age I've met over the years.

I've watched some episodes damn near a hundred times, can basically word for word everything season 3-8,and it still makes me laugh .

score01

Bank: I'm sorry, but if you don't come up with that money by tomorrow, the bank is going to take your house.

Homer: Well good luck finding it because I'm going to take the numbers off tonight!

Bank: Then we'll just look for the house with no numbers.

Homer: Then I'll take the numbers off the neighbor's house!

Bank: Then we'll look for the house NEXT to the house with no numbers.

Dishwalla

Banned
Homer: So how was jerk practice, boy? Did they teach you how to sing to trees, or build crappy furniture out of useless wooden logs? (chair collapses) D'oh! Stupid poetic justice!

Bart: Actually, we were just planning the father-son river rafting trip.

Homer: Hehe, you don't have a son.

GamerSoul

Moe's hooked up to the lie detector
Police: "Alright, your story checks out. You're free to go"
Moe: "Good because I've got a hot date tonight"
BUZZ
Moe: "A date"
BUZZ
Moe: "Dinner with friends"
BUZZ
Moe: "Dinner Alone"
BUZZ
Moe: "Watching TV alone"
BUZZ
Moe: "Alright! I'm going to sit at home and ogle the ladies in the Victoria's Secret Catalogue"
BUZZ
Moe: "...Sears Catalogue"
DING
Moe: "Now would you unhook this already please, I don't deserve this kind of shabby treatment!"
BUZZ

bwahahaa

The charm just hold up.

Ottaro

What i love about this thread is that even when someone posts the same joke it's still great just to be reminded of it again.

Ahasverus

It's a tie between "Super-Nintendo Chalmers" and the "Aurora Borealis localized entirely in your kitchen" exchange between Chalmers and Skinner.
YESS these two are impossible to choose one from. The Aurora Borealis one might win because it was a whole scene not a one liner. Pure genius.

I forget what season or episode it is from, but Homer had to deliver food to the elderly (Meals on Wheels).

Homer: Meals on Wheels, eat it up or I go to jail!
Old Man: Didn't these meals used to have a cobbler?
Homer: Uuh, they discontinued the cobbler.
Old Man: You smell like cobbler.
Homer: Now lets not get into who smells like what.

elfinke

Oh and a scene that I reference damn near weekly, where Bill Gates and his this thugs 'buy out' Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net, followed by his chuckle and the turning over of desks.

PaulBizkit

In Argentina, the simpsons are like a religion (in a good way): everybody watches it and everybody loves it. In a recent poll conducted by Fox, the best ranked season was 4 and the most popular episode was The Monorail which everybody quotes all the time

We use "It's not batman!" When people insist on pushing wrong ideas

We use the whole monorail scam as a depiction of how politicians run the country

We use "-My job here is done. -But you didn't do anything!" when a somebody takes the credit for something they didn't do (i.e. school projects where only one did everything, soccer players that didn't play a single match but are still champions)

We use "I call the big one Bitey" as a random email address, random graffiti and random default message/description on games or websites. Or when a low income family has ANOTHER kid

That episode is the quintessential example of how politics and economy of argentina work, in a nutshell.

-

On-topic: my actual favorite joke is in the boy scout episode

"We're going to a father and son rafting trip"
"Hehe you don't have any sons"

It cracks me up everytime.

And also...

-dad, we did something terrible!
-you crashed the car?
-no
-you revived the dead?
-yes
-but the car's fine..?