• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
13289ca312814f5689b1b7fec21089df.png

Cody Glass, kinda rhymes with Bo Horvat...

cody glass is just waiting to be meme'd

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i may be changing my mind

i may want the leafs to draft brannstrom with their first rounder

He is statistically in the realm of karlsson pre draft in SuperElit, SHL and internationally.

Watched some footage and he's super fucking skilled

Small.... but skilled.

yyzjohn

Banned
i may be changing my mind

i may want the leafs to draft brannstrom with their first rounder

He is statistically in the realm of karlsson pre draft in SuperElit, SHL and internationally.

Watched some footage and he's super fucking skilled

Small.... but skilled.

We're getting the next Karlsson? How does he compare to Ho-Sang vs McDavid?

yyzjohn

Banned
Holy fuck we were literally one digit from winning the lottery

NJD: 1-5-6-12 (1st)
VAN: 1-5-6-11 (5th)

😵

Think I remember that the Habs were 1 away from Matthews last year too, and I think the Leafs were 1 away from McDavid the previous year.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Apologies to Nucks and Avs fans on behalf of the 92-93 Ottawa Senators, our tanking for Daigle got you guys into this mess :(

Tanking is part of the rebuild process.

That said, what Buffalo and Arizona were up to in 2015 went beyond tanking.

edit:

lmfao at #AvalancheOfLuck

Leafs were equally bad last year with their tanking, they weren't even being subtle about it.

Samyy

I haven't been following the draft as closely for the past two months, but I was just surprised at how much he's shot up. The TSN rankings are typically the closest proxy for how the draft will actually play out, and just three months ago they had Heiskanen at #13 and the third best defenseman. Even Button only had him at #11 just a month ago.

I did hear that he had a good U18 tournament, and I do know that there's talk now that he could be the best defenseman in the draft, but I wonder if he's also shot up because of how thirsty GMs are for D lately. Almost feels like a #1 D has taken priority over a #1C due to the former being more scarce.

I'm just hoping Liljegren falls to us :D
Or Brannstrom is still around

Scared of Cal Foote/Nicolas Hague

dem

Changes rules to make sure Edmonton doesn't get McDavid... Edmonton gets McDavid..

Rest of the league stuck with fucked up draft lottery

The odds of what Edmonton did were fucking infinitesimal. Way to overreact.

Excited to see a Minnesotan taken top 10 and three or four in the first round. It's been a while since this state has produced so much high end talent.

Also, tomorrow I become a house owner. Yay.

Socreges

Banned
Way to go, FUBAR. Got tenants? No? Good

No such thing!

Also, chin up Canuck's fans, there's plenty of talent to be had outside of the top 3, you can definitely find players:
This assumes other teams fuck up and pick the wrong player, so talent falls in your lap!

Samyy

Way to go, FUBAR. Got tenants? No? Good

This assumes other teams fuck up and pick the wrong player, so talent falls in your lap!

Which is an entirely plausible scenario in a draft where I don't think there's much consensus outside of the top 2.

We laughed about Cody Glass but from what I've read he has legit 1C potential.

Socreges

Banned
Which is an entirely plausible scenario in a draft where I don't think there's much consensus outside of the top 2.

We laughed about Cody Glass but from what I've read he has legit 1C potential.
But with Nylander it wasn't a matter of 'well, Nylander is left but maybe he'll be ok!'. The majority of scouts had him ahead of Virtanen, many had him ahead of Fleury, and several had him top 3-5.

And we're taking Mittelstadt, not Glass. 🤷

Hi, I'm Colorado nice to meet you!
I guess the Stars could take Heiskanen, Avs pass on Vilardi for some strange reason, and he falls to us. If be ok with that.

Hoooly fuck I'm reading now that Benning is still high on Liljegren and could take him 5th. Please no, Benning. 😑

Merguson

Banned
I just remembered Craig Button had Jake Virtanen somewhere after 30th overall. How do Canucks fans feel when Craig Button is better than your scouting department?

Socreges

Banned
I just remembered Craig Button had Jake Virtanen somewhere after 30th overall. How do Canucks fans feel when Craig Button is better than your scouting department?
Quoth Button, June 24, predicting Canucks take him at #6:

"Jake Virtanen might have the most upside of any player in this draft. Excellent skater, excellent shot... Potentially a grand slam player... With that kind of upside, I don't know how you can pass him by."

Along the lines of what other scouts felt.

So did you just remember that? Or did you look at this list which omitted Virtanen in error and doesn't go past #30? 🤔

Virtanen was a top 10 prospect. That was the consensus. The crime was that the owners intervened to get a hometown boy when he wasn't the BPA.

Samyy

Quoth Button, June 24, predicting Canucks take him at #6:

"Jake Virtanen might have the most upside of any player in this draft. Excellent skater, excellent shot... Potentially a grand slam player... With that kind of upside, I don't know how you can pass him by."

Along the lines of what other scouts felt.

So did you just remember that? Or did you look at this list which omitted Virtanen in error and doesn't go past #30? 🤔

Virtanen was a top 10 prospect. That was the consensus. The crime was that the owners intervened to get a hometown boy when he wasn't the BPA.

Well both Virtanen and Fleury were ahead of Nylander and Ehlers on Bobby Macs final list as well

yyzjohn

Banned
No, nothing comes close to what the Sabers and Coyotes got up to that year.

This is the ridiculous assertion that the Leafs out and out just tanked. They had Bozak, JVR, Kadri, Komarov, Rielly, Gardiner all on the team who are still there. Jvr got hurt Midway through the season which helped the Leafs not score many goals, Kadri didn't score 30, Bozak wasn't​ so good. Not like the Leafs just iced minor league players.

And yeah they traded guys for picks like any rebuilding team. Reimer was gonna be a UFA were we supposed to keep him and get no return at all?

Top Bottom