• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone care to place their predictions on the line?

Wiz taking gm1 - I don't see the Celtics as particularly competitive. They happen to beat an 8th seed that lacked any energy or motivation to play after Rondo was sidelined. otherwise I think the Bulls may have taken it in 4. unfortunate Rondo got hurt. I feel if the Hawks had actually played for the win in the final game of the season and beat the Pacers, the Heat would have run the Celtics out the building in 4, and the Bulls would have won atleast the first game or 2 on the Cavs. Long story short, playoff Celtics have not impressed.

I'm down to do a one year neogaf ban bet. I'll take Celtics for the series,
even though they suck

Brashnir

I think the Celtics will win at least 1 game. My prediction: Celtics in 3.

I'll cut both of my own nuts in half if the Celtics win this series in 3.

The wiz have a pretty potent starting lineup save for Gortat, I think they'll be ousted by the Celts though.

Gortat had a pretty understated series against Atlanta, but he's a big part of the Wizards' success. Atlanta played off Wall all series to defend Gortat's rolls, and Wall made them pay. Gortat didn't shoot 58% on the season by mistake. You have to pick your poison when he sets a screen for Wall.

Gortat just needs to rebound to be effective in this series
Just bat the ball out for offensive rebounds

Celtics will go small with playoff Horford at center?
Or will playoff Amir be unleashed.

Celtics in 7

If Celtics outscore the Wizards they will be in good shape. It worked in the Bulls series too.

wpVr2T0.gif

Cornbread78

1 more hour before the fun starts. Bring it on Wizard scum.

Hopefully, the Celts don't throw up all over themselves like they did the first two against Chicago.

Dynomutt

1 more hour before the fun starts. Bring it on Wizard scum.

Hopefully, the Celts don't throw up all over themselves like they did the first two against Chicago.

Still can't believe they are playing already! NBA is vicious I tell you especially after leaving for the funeral. I understand business but the Cavs or another team could have played today.

spyder_ur

Don't know how I feel about this Celts-Wiz series as a whole, but I do have a couple thoughts.

Wall and Beal do terrify me, although there's not a team in the league more equipped to tackle them from a perimeter D standpoint than the Cs. I think to start they go Bradley on Wall, Crowder on Beal, and try to hide Isaiah on Porter.

I think this series will remind people that Scotty Brooks is not a good coach, which for some reason has been forgotten this year. Celts have a big edge there and in depth.

Celts are going to have to score more this series and to do so they're going to need big scoring nights from Isaiah or really light it up from 3. I think they're capable and they showed signs at the end of the bulls series, but they could certainly go cold.

My prediction is Celts in 7, but I'm really worried about this game 1.

spyder_ur

Still can't believe they are playing already! NBA is vicious I tell you especially after leaving for the funeral. I understand business but the Cavs or another team could have played today.

I'm not sure you can switch schedules around based on personal stuff like that.

I just don't get why the game isn't later. Why not start this game at 5 and Jazz-Clips at 8 or so?

Dynomutt

I'm not sure you can switch schedules around based on personal stuff like that.

I just don't get why the game isn't later. Why not start this game at 5 and Jazz-Clips at 8 or so?

Understood but I agree this game could have been pushed back even without the incident. I don't know I don't think Silver is making it easier on some for these teams.

Cornbread78

Understood but I agree this game could have been pushed back even without the incident. I don't know I don't think Silver is making it easier on some for these teams.

Basically, he knows that either team will become a punching bag for the Cavs so he doesn't care...

Chase17

Did he really lose a tooth then drain 2 threes? Yikes

Can't stop Was offense. But maybe after facing the Lopez legend, they can minimize the damage Gortat does.

Wall looks unstoppable

spyder_ur

Cue all the overreactors and Celtics haters.

Just scratch your way back in it. They'll be alright.

Damn though, John Wall is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom