• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon lays into... the far right?! (American Prospect interview quotes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Bannon brands far right 'losers' and contradicts Trump in surprise interview - White House figure tells the American Prospect magazine there is no military solution to North Korea and warns of a China trade war

Kuttner also asked Bannon about the “ugly white nationalism epitomized by the racist violence in Charlottesville and Trump’s reluctance to condemn it”. Heather Heyer, a civil rights activist, was killed when a man alleged to be a white nationalist drove a car into a crowd of counter protesters on Saturday.

Bannon dismissed the far right as “irrelevant”, Kuttner wrote, quoting the Trump aide as saying: “Ethno-nationalism – it’s losers. It’s a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more … These guys are a collection of clowns.”

Regarding the Democrats, Bannon said: “The longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

Kuttner wrote that he had never spoken to Bannon before and that the question of whether the call was on or off the record never came up.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...trump-warns-china-trade-war-american-prospect

Looking forward to far/alt right's reaction to that. I mean, I would never expect him to support them explicitly in the open, but I would expect him to dance around the subject of what happened over the weekend and not to criticise them for it.

Apologies if interview has already been posted.

Davide

Even better quote on North Korea:

Contradicting Trump's threats of ”fire and fury" on North Korea, Bannon said: ”There's no military solution [to North Korea's nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that 10 million people in Seoul don't die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don't know what you're talking about, there's no military solution here, they got us."

He means that they're not supposed to be overt and give otherwise spineless moderates a reason to lean left. He's not condemning their actions at all, just unhappy about them doing it in the light.

YoungFa

He means that they're not supposed to be overt and give otherwise spineless moderates a reason to lean left. He's not condemning their actions at all, just unhappy about them doing it in the light.
Hes a harvard graduate billionaire. I find it believable that his evil is more complex and global than those basement dwellers, and he that he still has some place in his heart to hate even more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom