• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Okay what the fuck is it with the word lewd. Not to be too weird about this but I swear to god the only time I ever see it is with people discussing "cute yet sexy" things they're uncomfortable talking about or admitting they like.

Official motto of WholesomeGAF.

8VHIBZN.png

jackal27

Banned
I'm hoping for more characters. It would be really cool if could have some bigger, slower characters with different stats and smaller, faster ones as well.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The ones with topknots are boys.
(the boy inklings are in barely any fan art)

That's the case with the reaction to anything "cute" though. Girls are cute, boys are not. Apparently. Despite how personally asinine I find that.

Meh, don't mean to make this thread negative. Just something that sometimes bugs me

Can anyone explain the convention of giving squids dark raccoon-like markings around their eyes? The inklings and the Bloopers or bloobers or whatever in Mario games both have them.

This is just a Nintendo thing?
Don't know, the inklings probably are based on the bloopers
There is an 8-bit version of a blooper in the e3 demo hidden in the stage. No clue where it came from
edit:
Is this game retail or digital only?
It's likely retail+eshop. The game is not only the e3 demo they showed off. Apparently there's a lot more modes and a single player campaign in the works

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Anything with adorable girls will sell in Japan and America. It only helps it even further that it'll grow a TF2 following if Nintendo follows through with this game in periodical updates.

There was really good fanart within 30 minutes of the Direct's end. Hopefully it means the game will be a success because EAD's definitely shown they have something great here. This was my favorite game of the show and it looked like it was that way for a lot of others a well.

III-V

I think this game has good gameplay potential, but from what was shown, I hope they work on the maps a bit. If they are going to be so simple, possibly a map creation kit would be the winner, something like what little big planet did.

EDIT: the art looks great, can't remember seeing so much so fast for a new and different IP

NotLiquid

I quite like the word of mouth the game's had and the art has played a huge part in that. It's just as creative and cool as the game itself. Nintendo nailed this new IP, with a creative idea and an easily identifiable look it feels like something of a classic to the company already.

Top Bottom