• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

FAO of those with Pokemon Go plus.

Can I be on a call or even on a completely different app maybe instagram or even whatspap and still be earning KM's towards my egg? And will the go plus still be promoting me to press to catch/spin if I'm using a different app
if it's still connected with bluetooth, yes (it likes to disconnect every odd hour or so for some reason)

I think Machamp is probably the most approachable Tier 3 raid. It's easy to find high-level Eevees and Exeggutes, then evolve them into fairly solid Espeons and Exeggutors. If you have accumulated an army of Vaporeons under the old meta, I imagine Arcanite and Flareon are probably pretty easy.
flareon is ironically the hardest to solo lol

Those with a hoard of golden razz berries, are you doing high-tier raids and just not using the berries earned to capture? What's a good strategy to collect? I could see getting lucky and not needing all of them for a legendary, but I'm having pretty poor capture luck even with the berries.

I'm just doing low tier solo raids now since I usually get out of work late and can't coordinate with anyone. I get one or two golden berries and plan on stockpiling them. Though I'll probably blow them all on a weekend-day.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have experience with the Apple Watch app? I'd love to track treadmill workouts but I'm reading it doesn't work reliably.

Edit:
Those with a hoard of golden razz berries, are you doing high-tier raids and just not using the berries earned to capture? What's a good strategy to collect? I could see getting lucky and not needing all of them for a legendary, but I'm having pretty poor capture luck even with the berries.

I'm just doing low tier solo raids now since I usually get out of work late and can't coordinate with anyone. I get one or two golden berries and plan on stockpiling them. Though I'll probably blow them all on a weekend-day.

Just after the rewards nerf I did three legendary raids in a day to try and get golden razz to prepare for Mewtwo. I only got three golden razz in total after three legendary raids. I tired catching the legendaries with just regular razz and curveballs but all three ran away. I'm not really sure what to advise anymore. Just seems pretty much broken

Firemind

I always pinap Machamp and Tyranitar. I think they have higher capture rates than legendaries and you get 20 candy instead of 6. You can always try nanab+golden razz for the legendaries.

Magik

I always pinap Machamp and Tyranitar. I think they have higher capture rates than legendaries and you get 20 candy instead of 6. You can always try nanab+golden razz for the legendaries.

Tyranitar has a 4% BCR and it actually gives 10 Candies as its base candy reward since its the 2nd evolution item.

in regards to the golden Razzberrys I'm just going to hold them for MewTwo and Tyrannitars. Any other raid boss I'm going to use a regular razz berry. At this point, I have more than enough legendaries that it really doesn't matter if I catch another unless its high 90IVs but even then.. those golden razzberrys are so useful especially looking long term with Gen 3 coming out sooner or later.

Niantic has to fix the nerf to the loot rewards. I had over 6 legendary raids spawn near work and I have absolutely zero motivation for them since I'm barely going to get any good rewards. If it was the old system, I would have went to all of them.

Anyone else having trouble staying below 1500 items? I delted all my TMs and potions today aside from Max potions and ran out of room in half an hour. I cant even get rid of my pokeballs fast enough.

zulux21

Anyone else having trouble staying below 1500 items? I delted all my TMs and potions today aside from Max potions and ran out of room in half an hour. I cant even get rid of my pokeballs fast enough.

given my limit is still 1k items... I will have to go with... nope :p

staying below 1k has been an issue recently given 25% of my inventory is golden razz or rare candy.

HardRojo

So has it been confirmed that raid Magikarps have a much higher probability of being shiny, than wild ones? I know a couple of people who got theirs from raids, so I'd like confirmation on that. Thanks.

hirokazu

So has it been confirmed that raid Magikarps have a much higher probability of being shiny, than wild ones? I know a couple of people who got theirs from raids, so I'd like confirmation on that. Thanks.
No idea, but I've seen a lot of Red Gyarados in gyms lately. Either people are getting ones worthy of evolving from raids or wild shiny Magikarp have been going on long enough that a lot of people have got them now, no matter whether they're high IV or not.

Awayze

Neo Member
The unofficial watch is pretty cool, I've hatched several eggs this week by just driving occasionaly, something I would have never done by actual walking. Haven't lost connection once, have turned of auto-catch of mon's as I have like 20 red balls, otherwise it prioritises trying to catch a mon and not spinning the stop, which it would miss when driving due to not enough time.

border

Does anyone have experience with the Apple Watch app? I'd love to track treadmill workouts but I'm reading it doesn't work reliably.

I mean, don't buy an Apple Watch just for Pokemon, but if you already have one the watch app is a godsend for hatching and walking your buddy. I can't really attest to how it performs on treadmills but you can rack up a lot of KM in just a day at work or a day around the house. It's way way better than using the GPS to track your distance travelled.

GulAtiCa

The new cheap Android phone I got (BLU 2GB Ram $60 unlocked wifi only) works well so far. Using it to help my Fiancee out, esp for raids. Now I can bring 2 people to raids essentially. Feels a lot better/nicer to not constantly sign out/sign in a whole bunch of times.

For the most part I do want her to experience most of the game by herself. So while I'm trying to help her get a good Dratini to evolve, I won't catch her evolved Pokemon she doesn't have yet (like 2 Dragonites I tackled recently and a wild Gyarados). I want her to feel special when she finally gets 400 candies for her 1st Gyarados. Going to try helping her level up a bit faster.

She actually has some decent Pokemon so far. 2 Tyranitars (1 she hatched via getting like 3 or 4 10k egg hatches right away lol, other via Raid). All Eevee evolutions, all the legendaries so far of course. I'm having her walk her Geodude so she can get a Golem. Really needs more rock Pokemon, needs some more Water Pokemon too.

For most part, mainly doing this to help her get items / spin pokestops / gyms.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, don't buy an Apple Watch just for Pokemon, but if you already have one the watch app is a godsend for hatching and walking your buddy. I can't really attest to how it performs on treadmills but you can rack up a lot of KM in just a day at work or a day around the house. It's way way better than using the GPS to track your distance travelled.

Thanks. I was just reading around about the app and there's a lot of reports of it not really working. It's hard to tell if it's been sorted out or not. As you say it doesn't really matter though, I'd want the watch for other reasons anyway.

Had a Dragonite spawn downstairs today. It wasn't good IV or CP but +20 candy was exciting.

Growlie19

I've just recently gotten a second perfect myself. First was Arcanine, the newest one is Magby, now a Magmar. Can't wait for the gen 4 rollout for Magmortar, it's gonna be a beastly fire-type.

My perfects are:

Evee
Dugtrio (2x)
Pidgeot
Donphan
Golduck
Butterfree
Arbok
Murkrow

So mostly useless. Probably missed a lot of perfect ones too since I don't always check.

Maxed out my Dragonite, it's my strongest Pokemon again :p
Not gonna level up the others from 36.5 to 37.5 for now. First there is some other Pokemon that I want to get to 30 first then I'll continue maxing out again.

nv9v4Vn.png

Awayze

Neo Member
My Charmander is 100%, my 3rd hatch in August last year and something trashy like a Rattata or Pidgey. Then Larvitar and Santachu at 98% and Dratini 96%.

Since the local map shut last week, no one raids in my area anymore. I hope I see Hitmontop soon, regret being lazy and not going for them when the map was online.

My 100s are...

Gen 2 starters, squirtel, 3 rhydon, 3 gyrados, 2 Dragonites, 2 golem, steelix, scizor, rapidash, gengar, vaporeon, Espeon, umbreon, stantler, blissey, nidoqueen..... I know I'm forgetting one also.

I have 100% IV ratings for:

Butterfree (evolved from Caterpie)
Rapidash (evolved from Ponyta)
Magby (keeping it as a baby)
Bellsprout (will remain a Sprout, lol)

I had a 100% Magikarp a long time ago, but I trashed it because it learned Twister when I evolved. Kind of kicking myself for that, but I learned my lesson.

Still pretty wild that I've only ever received 5 perfect Pokémon total during the whole time that I've played this.

The 100%s I have are:

-Rhydon (caught on the first day of raids!)
-Lapras (caught during the fire/ice event)
-Natu (Level 1, :lol:)
-Nidoran (M)
-Shuckle

I really hope they eventually fix the pokemon leveling up to 40 bug sometime so I can actually waste a ton of dust and candy powering up the Shuckle so it reaches that perfect 300, haha.

Firemind

My 100s are...

Gen 2 starters, squirtel, 3 rhydon, 3 gyrados, 2 Dragonites, 2 golem, steelix, scizor, rapidash, gengar, vaporeon, Espeon, umbreon, stantler, blissey, nidoqueen..... I know I'm forgetting one also.
That's some unbelievable luck...

Please tell me Gengar has Shadow Claw

Qwark

Here's my haul for 100%

Gyarados
Jigglypuff
Ariados x2
Gengar x2
Xatu
Machamp
Wobuffet
Fearow
Typhlosion
Kingdra
Tentracruel
Kingler
Omastar
Politoed

Not too bad.

How do you guys sift through hundreds of Pokemon for perfect IV's! Even with the premium Pokegenie app it's a huge chore ��

I do it while I'm on the stationary bike, using GoIV it doesn't take too long and it's something to do at least.

GulAtiCa

Generally do it manually. And honestly I only really check for new hatches & Pokemon I'm looking for. Like Dratinis, I hunt those and check every time.

Speaking of which, I went a bit overboard yesterday and caught 8 Dratinis and 2 Dragonairs. Grand total of 63 candies (8 Dratinis * 6 + 10 Dragonair + 5 Dragonair). I always use pinap berries. For Dragonairs I tend to only use pinap berries if it's less then 400 or if I already know it's IV beforehand.

At my current hunting rate of like 25+ a week day, I actually might end with 4,000 Dratini candies by end of year lol

t26

My 100% -

Ditto
Pikachu with hat
Dewgong
Dragnite
Ttar
Alakazam
Graveler
2 Eevees

and just got a 100% Machop today

Firemind

Some of you guys' luck is insane.

My perfects are two Golbats, two Parasects, two Slowbros, a Magneton, a Croconaw, an Exeggutor and a Machamp.

GulAtiCa

Did 3 mass evolutions recently. Am now 75k away from lv 37! I don't have anymore evolutions to do, so I'll likely level up sometime this upcoming week.

Top Bottom