• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Prelude.

EU ResidentSleeper

As a solo-queue Medivh, only use portals for yourself. If anyone else actually uses them, it's a bonus but use portals primarily for your own mobility. Trying to make plays happen in uncoordinated games and save people who won't use them isn't worth putting the ability on CD.
I don't think I'm ever gonna use him vs real people anyway. He doesn't seem really worth it if the team isn't coordinated.

scoobs

Valeera stun duration decreased already. I said it would take up to 3-4 weeks, but do I know this fucking game or what!? :)

Xeteh

Anyone hearing anything about Lucio builds? Only talent I'm feeling pretty set on is Party Mix at level 7. Back in the Mix at level 13 seems solid against Valeeras because anything that lets you survive long enough against her is great, once you're not stunned/silenced you just knock her back and escape.

Xeteh

Man, when your team is ahead Lucio feels unstoppable. He's super fun.

People are already slowing down on queuing up with Lucio. The high wait estimate lasted all of 3 games before I start getting instant queues with Lucio.

Alur

Anyone hearing anything about Lucio builds? Only talent I'm feeling pretty set on is Party Mix at level 7. Back in the Mix at level 13 seems solid against Valeeras because anything that lets you survive long enough against her is great, once you're not stunned/silenced you just knock her back and escape.

The only thing I've seen anyone take at 7 beyond experimentation has been Boombox.

If you're on a map where there are a good number of walls near areas where fights occur frequently (Garden, Infernal, Cursed for example) Slip is amazing.

Not able to look atm but will tell you what I used in a bit.

Man, when your team is ahead Lucio feels unstoppable. He's super fun.

People are already slowing down on queuing up with Lucio. The high wait estimate lasted all of 3 games before I start getting instant queues with Lucio.

I didn't have high wait ever. Figure it wouldn't last long or won't exist at all because he's support and his damage is bad to middling. Murky probably has more queue time.

Alur

Murky is so fun, but so insanely broken. It feels so good to play but deep down I know I'm a bastard for doing it.

Post 13 (and then doubly so once I got that 20 talent that doubled health) I even sufficiently harassed a Cho'Gall. There's just no getting away from it without a stun/root and maybe not even then. The 13 talent that gives 75 armor on a basic attack is more broken than Ess of Johann ever thought of being.

I did actually have two games tonight where I wasn't mirrored against another Murky. Those were fun.

Alur

Yeah the Valeera + Varian stuff is shitty at times. We found that Dehaka + Varian works better, though. More survivable, and still a ton of lockdown. Landing the tongue is easy when they stand still. :D

Xeteh

Yeah the Valeera + Varian stuff is shitty at times. We found that Dehaka + Varian works better, though. More survivable, and still a ton of lockdown. Landing the tongue is easy when they stand still. :D

I'm only talking about QM. The combo isn't impossible to overcome but when you're queuing up by yourself and the heroes might as well be random that duo is impossible to deal with.

Alur

Yeah I'm talking about QM too, though we are often a duo or trio. Usually the Valeera is over eager and doesn't allow for any follow up so it's a non-issue in my experience. Every now and then you'll run into one having a worldbeater game and it's awful, though.

scoobs

Guys, I think Greymane might have 2 good ultimates now. I don't know what to do with my hands.
7818631362aef959e609.gif

scoobs

Sick, I can't wait to play him some this week. Just got my master Varian skin. I needed like a sliver of XP to get to 10, and naturally I got a 31 minute Shrines game and got like 400k XP from the game.

scoobs

Ya i've got 19 level 10 heroes.. and i don't even play that much compared to some people. I imagine theres a few in here with plenty more

Alur

I would say you're pretty casual in the grand scheme. You don't play but 2-4 games tops usually when I see you on, and you also don't play every day so that'd fit the definition.

At our peak we were playing like 8-10 games a night or more in the lead-up to release and right after.

EDIT: Pretty shocked at there being no Murky threads on the front page of reddit. If there's no outcry he'll possibly be left as-is for longer...which is good for Murky players, I guess.

Maledict

Maybe he's okay? ;-)

(Spoiler : please god let the murloc pain end).

I was watching chu8 play him yesterday, and he literally couldn't use all the bribe stacks he was getting. The Diablo maps where every camp is 3 mobs are so easy to take with him and that talent, it was crazy.

Alur

I mean, if they leave him as-is I'll keep taking those W's they are handing out. Sure as hell have taken enough L's in the past two weeks in QM in our group. Just had some bad runs.

He's either now a really good hero, or a completely broken hero. I feel like it leans toward the latter not because he's so far out of wack compared to past broken heroes (Li-Ming, Sammy, Rag on release, for example, and Rehgar after rework), but because the type of hero he is makes him being this good just insanely oppressive. Like he can be a decent-to-good hero like he was after they introduced Living the Dream and you had to combo and hope for no Cleanse with Octograb back in the day...but being so tanky plus this increase in damage is pretty crazy IMO.

I went 6-1 with him yesterday I think it was. The game I lost we had a dude d/c for a few minutes and we got rolled before we could even hit level 13.

re: the bribe talent, I got a card on Infernal Shrines for capturing 10 merc camps, which is the most I've seen. That bribe talent is good value.

I'm kind of disappointed in Big Tuna Kahuna. I hoped the visual would be bigger. :D

scoobs

Bribe talent is beyond broken. I can't imagine what they're thinking with that one. "Lets have Murky take every camp on the map whenever he wants!"

brian!

The cloak of shadows buff might get out of hand

Kinda sad that balance went from prtty decent -> dumpster fire in one swift patch

Kioshen

I would say you're pretty casual in the grand scheme. You don't play but 2-4 games tops usually when I see you on, and you also don't play every day so that'd fit the definition.

At our peak we were playing like 8-10 games a night or more in the lead-up to release and right after.

EDIT: Pretty shocked at there being no Murky threads on the front page of reddit. If there's no outcry he'll possibly be left as-is for longer...which is good for Murky players, I guess.

Ever since I got my second kid, my game time was reduced drastically. Either by the fact that you know I need to take care of them that's a given but also because they drain so gosh darn much energy that I'm left with barely enough patience sometimes to be fun to hang around with.

I'm also surprised at the lack of Murky thread but at this point, no amount of whining will change anything. I'm sure the balance team is looking at the avalanche of data right to make sure things stays healthy. It's not like we'll have to wait 6 months for a nerf like another blizzard franchise.

Alur

because they drain so gosh darn much energy that I'm left with barely enough patience sometimes to be fun to hang around with.

Kio's kids confirmed to be warlocks.

I'm also surprised at the lack of Murky thread but at this point, no amount of whining will change anything. I'm sure the balance team is looking at the avalanche of data right to make sure things stays healthy. It's not like we'll have to wait 6 months for a nerf like another blizzard franchise.

I don't know about that. Most things we see get smacked down have a pretty good outcry beforehand. There's always the inexplicable nerfs as well, but I feel like their track record is a bit more hit and miss without everyone standing on their soap boxes.

re: Murky winrate - 62% in QM (up 8.5%) on current build. 56% in HL (up 6.9%) on current build.

Lucio has a pretty good winrate so far too.

Alur

Wasn't even really that big a patch though compared to some others we've had. Just a normal sized patch. A rework, a new hero, some buffs and nerfs to other heroes. Not all that dissimilar to the Tassadar patch.

What are you concerned about being broken besides Murky? And what's wrong with Cloak of Shadows now?

scoobs

Wasn't even really that big a patch though compared to some others we've had. Just a normal sized patch. A rework, a new hero, some buffs and nerfs to other heroes. Not all that dissimilar to the Tassadar patch.

What are you concerned about being broken besides Murky? And what's wrong with Cloak of Shadows now?
It's still super boring and lame?

brian!

Not rlly concerned, just moaning a bit, but i feel like there are really grand changes in this patch, ult rework for gmane and falstad, new op support, tass changes, and so on that are good digestible things that become marred when you introduce a newish rework that is clearly first pick and will get changed anyway.

Nothin wrong w/ cloak, it's numbers just may be too high on a character like that and now she can just go in w/o much care, like it's a potentially oppressive buff that has little counterplay

Like she has more health than anub for example

Tass buff to his 13 also pretty ridiculous

brian!

Yeah that's part of my moaning, it's hard to have a good look at lucio in the context of murky, i think he's op too tho

Same w/ tass discussion (oh god the tass/murky combo kill me), i feel like tass needs a close look and meaningful nerfs to lvl 1 shield talent and oracle talents but i think it's gonna get lost in the mix

Alur

It's still super boring and lame?

I was talking about in the context of balance.

Lucio actually looks like a support I'd enjoy.

I'd say so. He's very fun, lots to do.

I'm a little concerned Lucio is super duper OP.

His winrate suggests he's going to end up being considered OP, yes.

It's funny, he's kind of on the Samuro end of OPness though. Healing isn't that great, damage is pretty shitty, speed boost is nice, wall ride is very strong, but it combines into something way more useful than it would appear at first blush. Sammy was the same way. He wasn't super great at anything but surviving (like Lucio, really), but it all combined to be very strong.

Tass buff to his 13 also pretty ridiculous

I'm surprised Tass didn't get nerfs across the board after all the comments from pros and so forth. I think he's one of those heroes they focus too much on the winrate of and not the context of said winrate, as you always say. He's at like 46% in QM and 47% in HL which is up a bit from when the rework first hit IIRC, but to them that's just barely above the lowest acceptable range of 45-55.

I wasn't interested in Lucio until I realized he can shoot while moving.

Are there any other characters that don't have to stand still to (primary) attack?

Altairre

The fuck? Wanted to play a quick AI game to try out new Murky and it just wouldn't match me up. Estimated wait time of 7 seconds, waited for two minutes twice and nothing. Never had that happen.

Maledict

Jesus christ quick match is toxic right now with Valeera and Varian. If you get lucky enough to get both on your team its instant death every 20 seconds.

Xeteh

Jesus christ quick match is toxic right now with Valeera and Varian. If you get lucky enough to get both on your team its instant death every 20 seconds.

Yeah, I whined about this last night. Its the least enjoyable thing to play against right now.

Altairre

Finally got in a game and jesus, Murky seems ridiculous. The slow combined with the auto attack armor and slime just obliterates health bars.

Is it your team yelling at you because you picked the ultimate that "isn't in Overwatch"?

People always surprise you with new ways to be idiots.

Alur

This is gonna sound dumb but I like the ui feature if amp it up is active and you trigger reverse amp.

It does look awesome. I still haven't used it yet. I might if we end up in a double support game and the other support is as equally bad at damage as me on Lucio.

Top Bottom