• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 Premieres May 21 - 2 Hour Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the details on Secret History of Twin Peaks' page count difference between the uk and us release? It's probably nothing but I could purchase either of them and the uk version is slightly cheaper, but apparently with a few less pages which worries me.

I've have the UK version and I'm not aware of any missing content. I just pulled it from the shelf and checked, it has 359 pages.

Joqu

I've have the UK version and I'm not aware of any missing content. I just pulled it from the shelf and checked, it has 359 pages.

Thanks.

Weird though, I'm seeing it listed as having 352 pages in the UK. It's definitely 359 in the US. The 352 pages one is being listed as a "main market edition" on sites that have both.

But if yours is 359 pages the difference might just be an error. :S

A lot of fans love the movie, myself included, and it seems to have grown in reputation over the years. It will apparently be very significant to the new series' plot, and my hunch is that it is a good example of what we can expect, tone-wise. Although it's just as likely that we'll be getting something that nobody will expect.
If someone finds
that green ring
I'm gonna flip out of my fucking skull so we can
maybe get a glimpse more of those masked beings in the black lodge hinted at within the film

Season 2 has this tho...
Some people can't handle Super Nadine. I've seen enough trashy television I don't mind.

James in the mansion garage anyone?

PolishQ

If someone finds
that green ring
I'm gonna flip out of my fucking skull so we can
maybe get a glimpse more of those masked beings in the black lodge hinted at within the film

Some people can't handle Super Nadine. I've seen enough trashy television I don't mind.

James in the mansion garage anyone?

That
green ring
features prominently in the Secret History of Twin Peaks book, so there's a good chance it'll make an appearance.

Any word on a new trailer?

Nevins said at the press conference that they'll probably release short teasers sporadically between now and the premiere, but that there wouldn't be a full-fledged trailer. And while I would eat a trailer up, I kind of like the idea of going into the show blind.

nachum00

where can I watch fire walk with me? does Hulu have it?
I haven't checked my netflix in ages so maybe they have it.
I think you're gonna have to pay for it. Maybe as a digital rental or something.

Its on the bluray boxset and it includes The Missing Pieces, 90 minutes of never befor seen deleted scenes from FWWM, edited together by David Lynch.
If you can track that set down I highly recommend getting it for those scenes alone.

nachum00

I just worry about hearing it was rushed later on.
Don't believe everything you hear. Most of season 2 is great.

Checkout this handy guide that was already posted in this thread.

pkqdoEW.jpg

PolishQ

I just worry about hearing it was rushed later on.

Rushed isn't quite the word. The creators were pressured to resolve the central mystery earlier than planned, and then the show fumbles around a bit in trying to find something to fill the void that it left. But we're talking about a string of maybe 7 episodes that aren't up to snuff. The bulk of the series, especially including the six episodes directed by Lynch, is INCREDIBLE. And the movie too, which on a good day I consider Lynch's best work.

Even the 7 episode lull is interesting to watch as a cautionary example of what happens when you remove a story's motivating force.

Basically, the show is iconic and should be mandatory viewing for everyone.

MikeHLS

Neo Member
on Showtime? lame

Showtime fronted money to bring back Twin Peaks. TWIN PEAKS.

Not only did they front money for 18 HOURS of material, they also gave David Lynch total creative freedom.

As far as I'm concerned, these people are heroes and I will happily support them.

I will be subscribing this month.

I think you're gonna have to pay for it. Maybe as a digital rental or something.

Its on the bluray boxset and it includes The Missing Pieces, 90 minutes of never befor seen deleted scenes from FWWM, edited together by David Lynch.
If you can track that set down I highly recommend getting it for those scenes alone.

It's $40 on Amazon so I might just buy it

Now how do I watch the season premiere if I don't have showtime? 🤔
Do they have an HBO now like service?

Not only did they front money for 18 HOURS of material, they also gave David Lynch total creative freedom.

As far as I'm concerned, these people are heroes and I will happily support them.

Agreed. This endeavor is equal to or at least close to the entirety of his filmography. Mana from Valhalla, a light in the darkness, proof of some sort of lingering hope, etc.

The first time I saw the movie I did not like it at all but I think that was more disgust at how far it goes. I just wasn't prepared. The second time it made a lot more sense, and was incredibly sad. Can't wait for the soundtrack later this month!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Yup!

You know what? This is basically the coolest thing ever. A huge cult television show which pretty much set the trend for modern day tv is getting revived! Not only that, but it's a continuation, 25 years indeed! Add to that Mark Frost and David Lynch having complete control with Lynch directing for the first time since Inland Empire. Then we've got most of the cast coming back barring some exceptions. To top it all off it's going to be 18 episodes on cable television so there is no telling what's going to happen. I believe I read that they didn't use individual episode scripts and that Lynch filmed this as one long movie.

I mean, there is nothing cooler than that.

robotrock

Banned
You know what? This is basically the coolest thing ever. A huge cult television show which pretty much set the trend for modern day tv is getting revived! Not only that, but it's a continuation, 25 years indeed! Add to that Mark Frost and David Lynch having complete control with Lynch directing for the first time since Inland Empire. Then we've got most of the cast coming back barring some exceptions. To top it all off it's going to be 18 episodes on cable television so there is no telling what's going to happen. I believe I read that they didn't use individual episode scripts and that Lynch filmed this as one long movie.

definitely one of the most feel good development stories out there

yes, its an extremely exciting revival. plus the fact that after all these years without his work we're getting 18 hours of David Lynch is overwhelming.

PolishQ

MacLachan aged like a champ

He looks way better in this clip than he does in real life, mostly due to the odd way he wears his hair these days. He should really just cosplay as Cooper 24/7.

(But seriously it's amazing how much he still embodies Cooper all these years later - and not just appearance-wise.)

Flipyap

man, that population sign still irks me a little.

HYPE THO
I like it a lot ever since The Secret History of Twin Peaks made it official that it's an in-world typo. Whoever painted it must have had some of those Brennan genes and they just never bothered to fix it.

kris.

Banned
I like it a lot ever since The Secret History of Twin Peaks made it official that it's an in-world typo. Whoever painted it must have had some of those Brennan genes and they just never bothered to fix it.

ahaha really? i need to read that then.

jon_i634

Banned
Man the theme just gets me every time

Love the little ambient noise they added at the end there. Chills. Also, did they alter the theme a little bit here? It sounds a little slower and a little more reverb on the bass, but it may just be me.

Somehow missed the teaser in all the Switch kerfuffle. Coop looking good and somber there. I believe those were sycamores in the slow-mo pan...May is so far away :/

Found my new avatar :p

Anyone else get a Lost Highway vibe from that? So curious what the overall look is going to be with LH's DP behind the camera.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Love the little ambient noise they added at the end there. Chills. Also, did they alter the theme a little bit here? It sounds a little slower and a little more reverb on the bass, but it may just be me.

it's a slower tempo.

Flipyap

Anyone else get a Lost Highway vibe from that? So curious what the overall look is going to be with LH's DP behind the camera.
Those night shots of the woods reminded me more of Inland Empire, weirdly enough.
The main clip of Coop brought back memories of Blue Velvet instead, but that's unrelated to cinematography.

FVvLIgy.gif

Those night shots of the woods reminded me more of Inland Empire, weirdly enough.
The main clip of Coop brought back memories of Blue Velvet instead, but that's unrelated to cinematography.

FVvLIgy.gif

Yeah def reminded me of Dern's intro for that part. The light cast against the trees also can't not make me think of
Leland with the flashlight and Laura and Ronette in tow :/

I can see IE for sure, especially that shot when Dern walks towards the camera out of the dark and gets super close while looking hysterical. I'm also reminded of Lynch's video for "Crazy Clown Time" for some reason lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom