• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 - Introducing Darkseid

Geeky

You know, I get that he's regularly shown with his hands behind his back and even does so a lot in his animated appearances, but seeing it ingame it just looks kind of odd.

I get that he's like above it all and stuff, but it's strange seeing him set up combos or get hit a lot while constantly having his arms behind his back.

Them Omega Beams tho

I wish he wasn't facing the screen all the way in his stance. When he moves forward it looks like a small scooch. I wish he was looking more toward the opponent and made moe authoritative steps .

Omega Beam is great though.

NastyBook

Fucking KIRBY DOTS during point blank range Omega Beam hits???

EWmof.gif
NRS
p0QHO.gif

This game, with each character video released, has forced me to go from "pick up later on down the line" to day damn one.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Fucking KIRBY DOTS during point blank range Omega Beam hits???

EWmof.gif
NRS
p0QHO.gif

This game, with each character video released, has forced me to go from "pick up later on down the line" to day damn one.

Holy crap, I didn't even notice. Between this, Guardians 2, and Thor 3, this is a good year for fans of The King.

Razmos

I actually really dislike his design, always keeping his arms cross behind him just looks weird and the beams look stupid. Not a fan of his look either, or his stupid name.

I know nothing of him from comics or anything but I think he's a really dumb looking character overall

CupONoodos

Neo Member
You really have to give credit to the sound team at Netherrealm. They fuckin nail every single thing. The sound just feels good to listen to I don't know why.

Trace

Banned
Man I absolutely detest how Injustice 1 plays but this looks dope as fuck in every way but the actual gameplay :(

His omega beams look perfect.
And I love that he's barely bothering to use his hands. Reminds me of DBZ.
I was always planning on playing this but I might have to preorder now, fuck.

I planned on getting this anyway but now I have to preorder. Darkseid is my favorite big bad in comics. Just wish they got Michael Ironside though.

Dunkley

Sound design is amazing although I do find it odd that the game drops to 30 for the space stuff? Is that just a sign of work in progress or does Injustice 2 just handle things that way?

Sound design is amazing although I do find it odd that the game drops to 30 for the space stuff? Is that just a sign of work in progress or does Injustice 2 just handle things that way?

The supers and stage transitions happen in 30 fps. I personally like it because it allows them to do some INSANE looking supers.

But of course some people would rather not have that.

Dunkley

The supers and stage transitions happen in 30 fps. I personally like it because it allows them to do some INSANE looking supers.

But of course some people would rather not have that.

Ah, thank you!

I was just wondering since you do notice the switch, but that's entirely understandable. They want to invest the rendering budget elsewhere for these scenes and that's cool with me.

BathanKaitos

Neo Member
Looks so fantastic, i never seen such a charismatic character in any fighting games. Even Shao Kahn was not this great. Need to Pre-order immediatly.

Man the graphics are pretty sick. It's too bad i suck ass at these kinds of games. Maybe give part 1 a chance again to see if I can't get the hang of it.

LiK

He looks so goddamn awesome. Are we sure he won't even appear in the story mode at all?

I love the chuckle when he does his super. gonna be a crowd pleaser at tourneys.

Toni

Ohh No.

Why ohh why would you remind me of this trash of a movie.
So bad.

On Topic
Darkseid looks fun as fuck, probably gonna be annoying to face but playing different story, but seriously why a perorder bonus.
Damn you preorders

Your taste is pretty terrible then.

That movie has some of the best choreographed fights in animations / anime.

The action is superb.

Darkseid looks great. The game in general looks very polished, and I never bet against NRS. It's good to see Ed Boon back to his God tier. Damn he's been roll for a decade now it seems. It's time, I would love to see NRS and WB get that Ninja Scroll license too.

Damn it. I am actually thankful this did not release on PC at launch, because otherwise I wouldn't know where to get the money from anymore lel

But I totally need this in my life, damn.

Top Bottom