• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Toki767

dat ending biblethump.

so for NG+:
how do confidant links transfer. I got a bunch of items from the ones I maxed and a special item from ann, but does that mean theyll be lvl 10 when I first unlock them in ng+? Also do I start all the ones I didnt finish at zero again?

You'll have access to any confidants' rank 10 abilities that gave you a going away item, but you'll be starting from rank 1.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
dat ending biblethump.

so for NG+ social links:
how do confidant links transfer? I got a bunch of items from the ones I maxed and a special item from ann since I spent time w/ her on christmas and valentines day, but does that mean theyll be lvl 10 when I first unlock them in ng+? Also do I start all the ones I didnt finish at zero again?

You need to raise them up again but with extra benefits:

- You will raise them a lot faster this time around, especially if you have same Personas as their Arcanas,
- You can use their top-tier Confidant skills even if you only have them at 1: for example, if you have completed Kawakami's or Chihaya confidant and received their confidant items in playthrough 1, in NG+ you can immediately make use of the Massage service or Affinity Reading services as soon as you unlock their confidant, making it much, much, much easier to manage time.

You'll have access to any confidants' rank 10 abilities that gave you a going away item, but you'll be starting from rank 1.

It's not their rank 10 abilities, it's just one or more of their abilities. Depends on the Confidant. Futaba's rank 7 carries, for example.

ah ok. That's how I understood it as, just wanted to make sure. Im sure its easier to get through them in ng+

I'm so addicted to the gameplay loop of finding safe rooms and then continuing my progress, then backtracking to safe rooms to not get ahead of myself etc.

It is testamant to the far more interesting dungeon design. In previous Personas I enjoyed the real World gameplay more, wondering what was going to happen next in the story etc. The dungeons were boring and felt grindy.

In this I am spending much much more time in the dungeons and loving the battle system.

The difficulty has dropped though. Towards end of first dungeon I was hitting a wall and did some grinding to beat the boss. 2nd dungeon has been a breeze so far, I'm already halfway through and have only been exploring it for 2 days.

Vorheez

Sae is like every cynical overworked underappreciated adult out there and I love her cuz she's us.
Well I dunno about you, but absolutely none of that excuses the way she treats and talks to Makoto. Being a hard worker doesn't validate someone in taking his/her frustrations out on other people. It seems like she has all other aspects of being an adult figured out other than that.

Buuuut if everything else in this game is any indication, then I assume it is only a matter of time before Atlus work their magic and I end up loving her! Haha, watching characters develop is what makes this game so special to me

Dark_castle

Finally beaten the game. Valentine day was fucking lol. I do want the chocolates line cement Joker as the most savage, remorseless GOAT xD.

Great game really. Very climatic battle at the end.

Jintor

tumblr_oo8n3utC5x1wn6hn2o1_1280.png

queen

Started the 5th Palace yesterday after 75 hours. How many hours do I still have to play until the ending?

Still quite some time man :)

I've started playing P4 for the first time, just got into the tv stuff and met shadow Yosuke. I do miss a lot of music from Persona 5, seems there are plenty of scenes that don't have any music :(

I'm in mid-June, and I can't seem to advance Sojiro from Rank 3 to Rank 4.

I saw some people say you need to have made coffee, but I've done that a few times (though I don't recall if it was at Rank 2 or not).

He also now seems to go home every time I make coffee, instead of going out for cigarettes and then returning and giving me some notes.

It seems quite a few people seem to have issues with increasing his rank. Some people seem to be stuck on 4.

Is there a clear guide on what his requirements are?

Quick little question: how many dungeons are in this game? I just finished up the first, and usually knowing a number makes it a bit easier for me to keep interest in longer games like this. I would look it up, but I'm terrified of running into spoilers, as I've managed to avoid any and all of them thus far and have been playing the game pretty blindly. If any are optional, I'd like them to be included in the total, because I always try to do as many as possible.

Arkain

I saw some people say you need to have made coffee, but I've done that a few times (though I don't recall if it was at Rank 2 or not).

He also now seems to go home every time I make coffee, instead of going out for cigarettes and then returning and giving me some notes.

It seems quite a few people seem to have issues with increasing his rank. Some people seem to be stuck on 4.

His earlier ranks were really slow for me too. You should be able to progress from rank 3 to 4 if you spend enough time with him.
Being stuck on rank 4 is normal, it's story-related.

Is it not story related?

Also for the guy above that, there are
palaces

Quick little question: how many dungeons are in this game? I just finished up the first, and usually knowing a number makes it a bit easier for me to keep interest in longer games like this. I would look it up, but I'm terrified of running into spoilers, as I've managed to avoid any and all of them thus far and have been playing the game pretty blindly. If any are optional, I'd like them to be included in the total, because I always try to do as many as possible.

AerialAir

Banned
When it's grayed out, you can go talk to the character and they'll usually talk about the requirement, but even after you've met said requirement, it'll remain gray until you talk to them again.

Sometimes it's stats, sometimes Mementos quests.

I'm only 20 hours into the game but, whenever you do Mementos quests it'a a pain to go back to the entrance, you have to go back level by level, I might be doing something wrong though, am I?

Arkain

I'm only 20 hours into the game but, whenever you do Mementos quests it'a a pain to go back to the entrance, you have to go back level by level, I might be doing something wrong though, am I?

You can fast travel to the entrance from any rest area. In addition, you usually get the option to immediately return to the entrance, after you take down a target. Or you can use a Goho-M.

bluethree

I'm about 35 hours into my 2nd playthrough of the JP version and I'm loving all of the little details I missed the first time.

Ranking up confidants more easily and breezing through dungeons is a lot of fun too.

LiK

Well I dunno about you, but absolutely none of that excuses the way she treats and talks to Makoto. Being a hard worker doesn't validate someone in taking his/her frustrations out on other people. It seems like she has all other aspects of being an adult figured out other than that.

Buuuut if everything else in this game is any indication, then I assume it is only a matter of time before Atlus work their magic and I end up loving her! Haha, watching characters develop is what makes this game so special to me

Don't worry, Atlus magic will hit you so hard you'll be afflicted for 2 turns!

muteki

First maxed links last night mid July, both Lovers and Temperance. Looking forward to the Temperance benefits.

The actual content of both are kinda meh though.

In the home stretch now, I think I only have an hour or so left. This game is flawed (Dungeons too long imo) but will probably end up being my favourite game of all time.

Top Bottom