• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Boy now #1 on the NA eShop (and everywhere else?) first to beat Snipperclips!

Nosgotham

"Snake Pass mania"?? Oh dear... You poor Switch owners. Don't worry, you have a cool system that is selling well, you will get better games to play soon.

I got banned for calling a fellow gaffer a dipshit. I wish I would have reserved that post for now. what a shit, condescending post.

AmyS

I love the animation.

IRU2aUA.gif

Also can't wait for Monster Boy (a totally new game) sometime this year, and also coming to Switch.

Shahadan

We all know that from now on it's Mario Kart city as far as #1 is concerned. You had a nice run, wonderboy!

Edit: actually for now both in france and NA MK8 is #2 lmao

Cerium

We all know that from now on it's Mario Kart city as far as #1 is concerned. You had a nice run, wonderboy!

Mario Kart has a strong retail presence though, so that might take some of the edge off.

In a couple weeks I expect Minecraft to start dominating for a long time.

Nice to see PPT so high despite having a physical release.

It only recently came out too so it can only go up from here.

tsundoku

"Snake Pass mania"?? Oh dear... You poor Switch owners. Don't worry, you have a cool system that is selling well, you will get better games to play soon.
like seven levels in before i realized i got tricked into buying a boring as hell rare game with 1000 gooblydooblys to collect that do absolutely nothing

Above Snipperclips?!

Wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?

Not being a co op exclusive game with a poor selection of control options and zero online co op

pswii60

What the hell is Mr Shifty doing in the top 10?

Really pleased for Wonderboy though. I still have a grudge against Sony for killing 2D platformers, so glad they've made a comeback over the last 10 years.. and now they are as strong as ever.

ggx2ac

The highest Wonderboy ever got in the Japan eShop was number 3.

It's currently number 4, still being beaten by Kamiko.

The bigger news is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is number one.

It's number one and it only came out today, which beat Snipperclips to get there.

Absolutely deserved. The gameplay might be a bit dated, but the remake visuals and sounds improve the experience to incredible degrees (even simple generic treasure, 'return' and transformation rooms that were previously just a collection of blocks and a bare background are fleshed out with gorgeous abstract visuals). The old visuals just seem so bare-bones, shallow and dated compared to the sheer amount of love and detail Lizardcube put into the remake.

Tizoc

They already have dozens of Neo Geo games to play they've had lots of great games to play for some time now.

PsionBolt

Huh, I wouldn't have guessed. If any retro remake was going to top the list, I would have expected it to be Blaster Master Zero, what with the day 1 release buff. (Also, because Blaster Master Zero is a fantastic game.)

Nice to see Puyo Puyo Tetris up there, too. Hopefully that one has the legs to make it to the top at some point, it deserves it.

Zedark

Someone's salty LOL

OT: Wonderboy was no. 1 in the Netherlands as of 7.30 this morning, pretty sure MK8D will have overtaken it by now, though. It had shot up to number 2 as of 7.30AM, ie before the day actually started lol!

Glad it's doing well, it just looks superb.
Probably the first game I'll buy whenever I get my Switch since I already own Zelda on Wii U.
MASTER SYSTEM REPRESENT!
Now please give the Illusion games some love. Land of Illusion especially.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Noticed it was #1 on my (Belgian) store too. Surprising, and so very deserved. I finished it yesterday and I loved it. Aside from maybe playing entire levels again when you die at a boss, we're pretty spoiled nowadays when it comes to that.

Pretty impressed by this game's design btw. It's untouched from the original (afaik?) and that definitely aged well.

Very easy game to recommend too, since it looks absolutely glorious. There's a huge art gallery as an extra and it's a joy to scroll through that.

ggx2ac

Do we know whether the charts are sorted by units sold or by revenue?

If it was by revenue, then Kamiko would have had to sell a lot of units to get to number 2 on the eShop in Japan and that is a 500 yen game.

It is currently number 3 because Mario Kart 8 Deluxe just charted at number one.

Zedark

The Netherlands chart 28/04/2017:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
3. Snipperclips
4. Kamiko
5. FAST RMX
6. Snake Pass
7. Mr. Shifty
8. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
9. Puyo Puyo Tetris
10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
11. Lego City: Undercover
12. Metal Slug
13. Jackson Party Pack 3
14. I Am Setsuna
15. Super Bomberman R

orient

Neo Member
Fully deserved. I loved every minute of this game, and as a Master System kid the great reception it's received feels like sweet validation.

Also, Wonder Boy's physics are no worse than the original Super Mario Bros. If you can tolerate early NES platformers then Wonder Boy will be a treat because it adds multiple layers of complexity on top of that fun (if simple) platformer base.

maxcriden

What the hell is Mr Shifty doing in the top 10?

Really pleased for Wonderboy though. I still have a grudge against Sony for killing 2D platformers, so glad they've made a comeback over the last 10 years.. and now they are as strong as ever.

As a fellow fan of 2D platformers, forgive me if I'm just out of the loop, but how did Sony kill them?

Top Bottom