• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Numb

Damn it, I've been figured out.

full

I don't know why but I got a real hankering for F.A.N.G's colour 50 and reinstalled the game. Gonna try to grind it out over the weekend.

Also that morrigan pic in the last picture gives me life.

So much for waiting for S3.

I just think of the netcode when I'm thinking of going back. And already Marvel drop down to 1k only peaking over 3000.

MrCarter

So MvCi is underperforming?

Damn, Capcom needs a win. Maybe MHW will pull them outta the slump.

With that PR, marketing, toxic word of mouth, roster and presentation it never was going to light the world on fire. It's a shame too because the gameplay and netcode seems good.

I had forgotten just how much fun Street Fighter 5 online was.

Did FANG's cr.mk (blocked) into st.lp (blocked) into st.hp

Both cr.mk and st.lp are +3 oB and st.hp is 7-frame startup and yet I got thrown by a regular grab before the st.hp hit *kisses fingertips*

Blueblur1

Infinite deserves to do poorly. It might finally teach Capcom that their fighting games can't achieve success without a decent budget and proper development resources.

pHand

Just started the MVCI story mode, and I love how characters will use moves in the cutscenes that they've never had before. I want Chun's angled fireball and random Shadow Lady beam super in SFV. And while we're at it, give her Tenshokyaku so she can have a decent AA that doesn't trade with everything. And also qcb SBK 'cause I'm wearing out my controller from charging down-back so much. And also change her useless V-Skill to an Infinity Stone for no reason.

Teh Lurv

I'm surprised Marvel didn't push an Inhuman character onto the MvC:I roster. Marvel's been trying so hard to replace the X-Men with Inhumans.

Skilletor

Infinite deserves to do poorly. It might finally teach Capcom that their fighting games can't achieve success without a decent budget and proper development resources.

More likely it'll teach them that it's not worth making fighting games if they can't do it with these budgets.

They're not going to spend MORE money on things that keep failing. Hope we can get a good amount of DLC for MvCI, at least. Think it'll be one of my favorite vs. game if it gets a bit of support.

Village

So he's the character people look at, get filled with nostalgia, sigh and go "where did it all go wrong?"

No, that's what happens when folks look at any street fighter character past street fighter 2.

People just Look at Arthur and get Ghouls and Ghosts PTSD, me and my bro played the fuck out of those games

Lulubop

More likely it'll teach them that it's not worth making fighting games if they can't do it with these budgets.

They're not going to spend MORE money on things that keep failing. Hope we can get a good amount of DLC for MvCI, at least. Think it'll be one of my favorite vs. game if it gets a bit of support.

Yea, I was going to say that.

Aris is a clown, he started that shill shit even though the so called shills were just praising the gameplay... and well guess what, he likes it too when he got to play.

Arthur def deserves a spot, come on now.

Mizerman

Exactly.

MCD250

Exactly right.

Ryce

Ghosts'n Goblins was Capcom's first big multi-million-selling series, and Arthur was even referred to as "the face of Capcom in the '80s" on the official MvC1 site. He deserves to be in a Capcom Vs. game.

I wouldn't remove anyone from the roster. Individually, I like each character that was included. It's just that 30 slots isn't enough -- the base roster should have at least equaled MvC3's.

Pompadour

This is correct. I'm not advising people to buy a game they don't want but the idea of punishing a developer in hopes that it will teach them a lesson doesn't make any sense to me.

Frankly, if anything Capcom is learning the opposite lesson. SFxT was a game chock full of characters and modes and people didn't buy that shit. So what did we get? Two low budget games. If there's another MvC it's going to be even cheaper looking. And that's a big if.

Capcom shelved SF for nearly a decade after SF3, a beautifully animated fighting game that couldn't have been cheap. I don't think Capcom sees throwing more money at things as the solution, especially after DmC and RE6.

Top Bottom