• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Piku_Ringo

Banned
MOwA3QA.png

Can't the game just throw a dude a bone and give them a card they actually want for a change? I need Cauliflower for my AGL team.

Permanently A

I gave into the GSSR temptation and got a Whis. Shame, cauliflower could have been great in my team. No more trap banners for me, only Gogeta now.

Kettch

It took 7 Whis, but I got both Caulifla and Kale. Probably not the best use of 350 stones, but ah well, at least I didn't strike out. Ended up with:

1x Caulifla
1x Kale
0x Hit
1x Beerus
4x TEQ Whis
3x INT Whis
2x Piccolo

And 4 off-banners.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, done with the Universe 6 banner.

Did a multi on it.

TEQ SSJ Bardock
TEQ Final Form Cooler
INT Fusian #13
AGI SSJ2 Caulifla
PHY Kale

Nice little Quintuple pull.

Meneses

Did a multi and got Caulifla as the last card. All the way through, I was laughing at how utterly shit the first nine cards were.

Oh well, at least I got a good card.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Did a multi and got Caulifla as the last card. All the way through, I was laughing at how utterly shit the first nine cards were.

Oh well, at least I got a good card.

same thing happened to me; last card on the last multi.

*actual audible sigh of relief ensues*.

I got the INT Whis from my first multi...seems like a decent SSR?

I will say it's really hard to find evaluations on all the different cards. Besides the usual R/SR keep lists on Reddit, I'm still struggling with "should I keep this card or not". A lot of those threads aren't updated, or don't list ALL of them. And I'm getting some odd ones...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

I will say it's really hard to find evaluations on all the different cards. Besides the usual R/SR keep lists on Reddit, I'm still struggling with "should I keep this card or not". A lot of those threads aren't updated, or don't list ALL of them. And I'm getting some odd ones...

You really shouldn't get rid of any SSR regardless of usefulness. Whis is a decent card once he dokkans

Permanently A

Keep all SSRs.
baba all Rs unless you need them for a link to beat a boss.
Baba SRs unless they Dokkan, or you can use them to raise SA, or a link for a boss fight.

Keep all SSRs.
Baba SRs unless they Dokkan, or you can use them to raise SA, or a link for a boss fight.

You really shouldn't get rid of any SSR regardless of usefulness. Whis is a decent card once he dokkans

Oh definitely - apologies if i wasn't clear. I'm talking strictly R's, and some SR's where necessary. I keep all my SSRs at the moment.

BTW that SSJ3 Goku SA glitch thing got fixed. Apparently it was just an animation problem and not actually effecting gameplay. what sucks is only people who have those characters get the compensation :(.

Keep all SSRs.
This is what I mean, no offense. As a new player, I am having difficulty finding a clear list that tells me all these things. The Dokkan is pretty clear cut, but the links require a deeper understanding than what I have at the moment.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Aside from dokkan or links, the more important thing is their passive or special effect on super.
Like a sealer, stun or attack lower.
or for passive you want to look for damage or attack reduction ones.
Links come last imo, because they are so event specific, you'll get more mileage early on with an SR that seals and has a passive that raises ally atk by x% or something.

R's follow the same pattern as SR's but there are far fewer that useful skills like that, so you'll only end up keeping like ~10 of them

Permanently A

This is what I mean, no offense. As a new player, I am having difficulty finding a clear list that tells me all these things. The Dokkan is pretty clear cut, but the links require a deeper understanding than what I have at the moment.

Just check if a unit has a passive or link skill that says "weakens/disables/prevents Regeneration/Rampage/some other specific word" Those are the cards which are needed for some of the boss events. Something like "Rampage" is not a general mechanic, its the Broly event boss mechanic.

MiTYH

Wake up, time to start farming Hit's awakening medals... and done, that was easy.

I guess I'll get some Android 17 medals? Both SRs need some, but I'm always hesitant to actually awaken a unit before maxing their SA, especially for SRs that I know I'll pull again. I think I'll just stockpile medals for now. Not much else to do at the moment

ffvorax

This is your Tuesday reminder to Fuck the Merged Zamasu Grind. I am seriously considering just using Elder kais for this.

It took me so many tries... but I finally did it last week.
So keep on with the grind and don't use precious Kais!
Resist! Don't give up! Fuck merged Zamasu!!!! :)

Khansolo1

So I have 9 Ek's. Who should I spend them on? And who should I also DA?
Rosé Goku black: 4/10
17 and 18: max
SSBKK: 2/10
Ssj4 vegeta: max
Super vegito: max
LR goku: max
Ssj4 gogeta:4/10
Super baby 2: max

So I have 9 Ek's. Who should I spend them on? And who should I also DA?
Rosé Goku black: 4/10
17 and 18: max
SSBKK: 2/10
Ssj4 vegeta: max
Super vegito: max
LR goku: max
Ssj4 gogeta:4/10
Super baby 2: max

Spend your kais on Rose or SS4 Gogeta, whichever you use the most.
Are all of these undokkaned? Here's who I think is the priority:
1. SS4 Vegeta
2. Super Vegito
3. Rose
4. SS4 Gogeta
5. SSBKK
6. Super Baby 2
Androids and LR Goku should just be dokkaned when you have time. They have a high team cost and aren't the "best" of units unless they are rainbow SA20.

Khansolo1

Spend your kais on Rose or SS4 Gogeta, whichever you use the most.
Are all of these undokkaned? Here's who I think is the priority:
1. SS4 Vegeta
2. Super Vegito
3. Rose
4. SS4 Gogeta
5. SSBKK
6. Super Baby 2
Androids and LR Goku should just be dokkaned when you have time. They have a high team cost and aren't the "best" of units unless they are rainbow SA20.

Rose, vegito, ssbkk are dokkaned.
Vegeta and gogeta aren't.
Also here is the rest of my characters: https://dbz.space/box/Khansolo97
I need help building my TEQ and phy teams, and I don't exactly know where to put LR goku.
Is this a good phy team?
2lFeNXNl.jpg

Well first, Dokkan your PHY Broly and make him your PHY leader, then dokkan FP Frieza because he's a beast. You actually have your team right there in that screenshot if you swap Broly and Black. Grab PHY Cooler as a friend if you can.

For TEQ... your cards unfortunately aren't the greatest for a cohesive team since you don't have a super strong leader. You do, however, have the makings for a super fun Nuke team that decimates the Beerus event. Put SSB Goku as lead (dokkan him), grab SSB Vegeta (the one with the nuke passive), bring orb changing items. Boom, Nukegeta. Have fun with your 2+ million damage supers at SA1.

Otherwise, I guess this team is passable but not great:
Bulma Lead (assuming she's SA10 Rainbow)
Gogeta
LR Goku
SSB Goku
SSB Vegeta (the dokkanable one, not the nuker)
SS3 Vegeta
Friend - SS3 Gotenks

Shouta

Did a bunch of missions for the stones to do a multipull on the Kale/Caulifla banner and I only got a INT whis and a great ape young goku.

I used up my luck on Super 17 =(

Got two Nappa medals in a row. Raditz is DAed now :D. I will say there is one silver lining to the reset glitch being patched and that is I can now do my turn and no longer stare at the screen being ready to close the app. I'm finally free...ish.

edit: I hate the 50% chance ffs. I want to get LR Piccolo to at least 50% but the 50% sucks ass :/

Did a bunch of missions for the stones to do a multipull on the Kale/Caulifla banner and I only got a INT whis and a great ape young goku.

I used up my luck on Super 17 =(

I managed to get 3 Whis, 2 TEQ 1 INT myself :(

Anywho, finally got Goku Jr SA maxed, dokkaned and leveled. Now to do as much as I can to max potential.

Do the base Goku Jr cards work for dupe unlock paths?

No pods, hercule to the left, rainbow text, insta SSJ, SSJ1 SSJ2, Dr. Useless. FUCK.

so we get the SSR Piccolo that was available in Babs eons ago. I feel like I should just use him to up LR Piccolos SA lol, I already have 1 copy of him and it's not like I'll ever use him outside of Strike events which no longer have that limit for the time being.

MiTYH

What’s the easiest team to take on super android 17? I can’t seem to beat him

I’ve taken SSJ4 Vegeta monk team, SSJ3 Godtenks, but I keep failing. Probably bringing the wrong units to his barrier/healing but... I don’t think I properly understand the gimmick

Tamanon

Banned

I’ve taken SSJ4 Vegeta monk team, SSJ3 Godtenks, but I keep failing. Probably bringing the wrong units to his barrier/healing but... I don’t think I properly understand the gimmick

Basically, you'll want a mix of Ki supers and non-ki supers.

Ki supers reduce his barrier, but when his barrier is down(and he takes more damage), he absorbs Ki supers instead.

So, look on the character screen for super attacks that have a symbol next to them. If they do, they're ki supers. And make a TEQ team with a good mix. Gotenks Level 11 super is physical, not ki for instance.

fuck my life. Trying to up LR Piccolos SA to at least 10. First I accidentally hit start after using the training fonder and selecting the Kai planet, but no training items, so no max level. So I do it again using a lower training location, awaken him, feed him annnnnnnnnnd fail.

linkent

Any team that can slot in LR Android :D
They 2 shots his last phase. or 1 shot if additional attack/crit happens.
ignoring the barrier.

ffvorax

Any team that can slot in LR Android :D
They 2 shots his last phase. or 1 shot if additional attack/crit happens.
ignoring the barrier.

That is interesting. So I should wait untile I LR them to 20... no hurry then... :)

1 more Cabba for the dokkan... then I will just collect medals to dokkan everything I have left to dokkan in my box I guess... I need another mega free stones event... lol

linkent

That is interesting. So I should wait untile I LR them to 20... no hurry then... :)

1 more Cabba for the dokkan... then I will just collect medals to dokkan everything I have left to dokkan in my box I guess... I need another mega free stones event... lol

if you dont pull for Super 17 then you should do that.
or just clear it normally 2x for the gems reward.

with a mixture of ki-super and non-ki super unit.
the Z hard is the same as Super.
only different is the health of boss at last phase.

New story coming! AKA MORE STONES!!

On torn on which banner to pull on. I want ssj4 Vegeta and caulifla :(

Caulifla would be underused without a SSJ4 Vegeta team. Not to say she's bad but she's also appears in most banners afterwards so you'll always have a chance to get her again. The GSSR banner is a good way to help that chance but from the luck of Reizo Ryuu spending 300 stones for her, you might just get whis instead.

I'd recommend going for Vegeta then Caulifla so that you have a team to run her with.

Don't be fooled by the Whis banner. it's everything was whis.jpg

in general I'd advise not spending more than 100 stones tops on either of them unless you're desperate for a 120% lead.

Styles

Woo, looks like I'll recoup the 100 stones that I just threw at the Super 17 banner..

Was trying to pull for SSJ4 Vegeta, but instead I got the Super 17 & AGL 17 units.

I should be happy, right?

Reallllly wanted Vegeta...

Top Bottom