• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Classic EE bait. Suicide so Fata cleans up, works every time*

Works every time, 60% of the time.
charm_smile.gif

I'm so happy for Team Anime. Please don't fall apart at Seattle!

Twookie

fnatic is going to TI woop

pretty surprising (for me atleast) considering they didnt qualify for a lot of tournaments and majors for a long time

This tiebreaker setup is really fucking stupid.

I don't even know what's going on. Little to no information and I'm stuck at work for the next 25-30 minutes so I can't check out the BTS Hub to see what's going on.

Also, the fact that SEA gets 3 slots still pisses me off. NA has been a huge clusterfuck and should get 3 invites since it's in NA. If we're going to claim "well it's the International!" then where's the African and Middle Eastern qualifier?

yeah I agree

apparently they have to play a new tiebreaker with time rating?

Good lord. These Qualifiers have been going on for like 16 hours at this point, and 2 of these teams will be expected to show up for their playoff matches at 11AM PDT--which is in 7 hours from this point, but we're looking at another 2 hours of games at this point meaning whomever comes out of this basically gets a 4 hour nap then another round of Bo3's...

shira

Good lord. These Qualifiers have been going on for like 16 hours at this point, and 2 of these teams will be expected to show up for their playoff matches at 11AM PDT--which is in 7 hours from this point, but we're looking at another 2 hours of games at this point meaning whomever comes out of this basically gets a 4 hour nap then another round of Bo3's...
So they need a cool refreshing energy drink [insert sponsor] to keep them going?

Twookie

the tiebreakers will start at 11am pdt and then immediately after that the playoff matches will start - so hopefully the players will get more than 4hrs of sleep

but even then that's pretty goddamn stressful - madness honestly

the tiebreakers will start at 11am pdt and then immediately after that the playoff matches will start - so hopefully the players will get more than 4hrs of sleep

but even then that's pretty goddamn stressful - madness honestly

Yea. I doubt any of these teams makes it to TI, but it's pretty absurd how things are playing out. I predict coL and DC coming out on top, but coL just can't seem to beat WW.

shira

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/The_International/2017/Main_Qualifiers/China said:
igv 6-2

lgd 5-3
lgdfy 5-3
vg 4-3
keen 4-3

cdec 3-4
ftd 3-5
ehome 3-5
vgj 3-5
max 2-5
iGV beat LGD, move into top spot with 1-2 game left each

I really don't see Planet Odd going to TI. They looked outright bad in every match I watched...

Also you cut Universe out of the list :p

And Synderella.

Chris R

Mistake to give SEA 3 invites and NA only 2.

I said the same thing when the invites were explained.

Would suck to only have two SEA teams since none were direct invites, but whatever.

Should be a bo3 playin the day before or something, NA3 vs SEA3 for the final spot.

52club

A few things:
  1. Regen on tier 4s makes no sense and needs to be removed ASAP
  2. I get it casters are trying to keep things fun. What works for one isn't great for another. I even got to the point Tobi was tolerable. However, this Vega vs. Empire game he became completely untolerable.

*Lich offlane is super good right now.

I'm honestly not a fan of multiple teams from the same org being in the one tournament. It looks like both LGD teams will qualify along with both iG teams already being in which is irritating.

(Didn't like it much when EG and [A] were in the same tourneys either)

I'm honestly not a fan of multiple teams from the same org being in the one tournament. It looks like both LGD teams will qualify along with both iG teams already being in which is irritating.

In the early days of CS1.6 they had this problem and started restricting how many teams an organization could send to certain tournaments. I don't think it's too bad in DotA, just annoying. I always get a kick out of LGD vs LFY and IG vs IG.v games. It sucks so bad for the casters.

shira

Lul Overwatch $20M buyin for franchises.

Top Bottom