• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Ken

I pulled 8 legendaries out of 44 packs (24 core 20 expansion), coming out at around 1 out of 5.5 packs which isn't bad. Unfortunately they're 1-ofs and not all of them are 'power' legendaries (Soul Stealer for one feels more like a Gold card).
Bloodcraft:
1x Soul Stealer
1x Bloody Mary

Forestcraft:
1x Rose Queen
1x Crystalia Tia

Dragoncraft:
1x Fafnir
1x Zirnitra
1x Dark Dragoon Forte

Swordcraft:
1x Alexander

I've also gotten 16 Gold cards, but again, most as 1-ofs. The only 2-of is a Timeworn Mage Levi.
Should I reroll? Seems like I pulled a decent amount of stuff, but rather spread out.

Do you know what deck you want to go for?

Forest and sword use a lot of legendaries. Face dragon just needs the three forte I think? Some aggro blood use Bloody Mary but it's optional based on the type.

mcz117chief

What is Zirnitra good for? I have a pretty strong dragon deck and I thought I would add Zirnitra there but she feels completely useless. Is there some special mechanic tied in with her? I wouldn't put her into a campaign deck let alone a ranked one. Compared to Fafnir or Forte, she is literally 0.

I keep an Olivia and a Prince of Darkness in every deck I make. Am I wasting two spots?

PoD has been a waste just as often as it has won me games so I'm unsure.

I keep an Olivia and a Prince of Darkness in every deck I make. Am I wasting two spots?

PoD has been a waste just as often as it has won me games so I'm unsure.

In every deck? Yes.

Some decks are more reliant on evolve points than others. And in some decks where prince of darkness wins you the game, another card may have won you the game sooner so it's a "win more" type of card.

Maybe if you're lacking other end game high impact cards it's okay to keep, but you'll probably find replacements for them that are just better for the respective decks.

shaowebb

This game is the closest thing to a Hearthstone clone out there. If you don't think it's anything like Hearthstone, you should play some other digital card games like Duelyst, Faeria, Infinity Wars, Card Hunters, Solforge, and Eternal to see how diverse the genre is.

Nice list. A ton of variety in what you just said there. Big fan of Infinity Wars BTW.
Really looking forward to opening up some Shadowverse and earning some cards soon. Seems big overseas and looks great.

Nikodemos

I see. Same is for Duelyst. There's a week after a patch when you can dust cards which got changed.

Do you get free packs for logging in to social media? I think I got 3, but am unsure.

Ken

I see. Same is for Duelyst. There's a week after a patch when you can dust cards which got changed.

Do you get free packs for logging in to social media? I think I got 3, but am unsure.

I think that was a one time quest for linking mobile to Facebook or game center ?

Nachos

Been playing this the past few days, and I'm actually having a lot of fun. It's refreshing to play something so like Hearthstone, but without as much randomness. Don't know if I'll stick with it once the new Hearthstone expansion comes out, but at the very least, it's a nice break.

reminder to dust any homecomings you have for full value (800 vials)
Also adding that animated Homecomings don't give you any bonus vials. I managed to grab one from a pack, and was disappointed that it doesn't give a bonus. I can see why CyGames wouldn't, but I'm just setting expectations in case someone else gets lucky. I've gotten three since starting, so I'm not complaining too much.

Arveene

Neo Member
Been playing this the past few days, and I'm actually having a lot of fun. It's refreshing to play something so like Hearthstone, but without as much randomness. Don't know if I'll stick with it once the new Hearthstone expansion comes out, but at the very least, it's a nice break.

Also adding that animated Homecomings don't give you any bonus vials. I managed to grab one from a pack, and was disappointed that it doesn't give a bonus. I can see why CyGames wouldn't, but I'm just setting expectations in case someone else gets lucky. I've gotten three since starting, so I'm not complaining too much.

Are you sure? This news post mentions that animated ones were bumped up to 800 as well. They normally only give 600.

Luigi87

Well that's interesting. Even if your account is linked, if you buy Crystals on Google Play, you don't have access to spending those Crystals on Steam.

LOL it seems like people intentionally DC at the end of games often. Just like other card games, like hearthstone. This time I actually finished my opponent off, his portrait exploded/disappeared/whatever, and now I have to wait a minute and a half cause of a salty opponent can't just lose gracefully.

sibarraz

Banned
I wonder how many people who blames hs for everything knew how to play? I faced lots of guys with netdecked decks who just doesn't know when to trade

I started playing ranked and it's pretty funny how bad people are at the game, at least at low ranks. This deck I made (didn't look at any other decks, nor play more than 5 or so constructed games) is undefeated so far. And it's a budget version of the deck since I don't have enough to make 2 more legendary cards.

Dragon deck

I have a mist dragon and a dance of death instead of 2 dark dragoons.

It's pretty smorc oriented. It's got plenty of removal but the win condition is just getting to hit face with minions your opponent can have difficulty interacting with due to "can't be attacked" text and/or storm.

I also think surefire bullet isn't supposed to be in there and is placeholder.

edit:
It is, but may be too much removal.

Dahbomb

I wonder how many people who blames hs for everything knew how to play? I faced lots of guys with netdecked decks who just doesn't know when to trade

I started playing ranked and it's pretty funny how bad people are at the game, at least at low ranks. This deck I made (didn't look at any other decks, nor play more than 5 or so constructed games) is undefeated so far. And it's a budget version of the deck since I don't have enough to make 2 more legendary cards.

Dragon deck

I have a mist dragon and a dance of death instead of 2 dark dragoons.

It's pretty smorc oriented. It's got plenty of removal but the win condition is just getting to hit face with minions your opponent can have difficulty interacting with due to "can't be attacked" text and/or storm.

I also think surefire bullet isn't supposed to be in there and is placeholder.

edit:
It is, but may be too much removal.

Players are terrible until rank B. I don't even play these meta aggro decks and I can tell where these guys keep messing up the combos.

And can someone explain to me why this card exists and works for non Shadowcraft classes:

Path%20to%20Purgatory.png

This seems hella broken to me and a ton of aggro decks use this as their finisher. This doesn't seem to be working as intended.

jengo

Well that's interesting. Even if your account is linked, if you buy Crystals on Google Play, you don't have access to spending those Crystals on Steam.

Purchasing the in-app money from one platform holder (Steam, App Store, Google Play Store) means it can only be used on that platform.

Ken

pulled a second forte but no tsubakis qq

i kinda regret not rerolling for one of the expensive decks

Luigi87

Purchasing the in-app money from one platform holder (Steam, App Store, Google Play Store) means it can only be used on that platform.

Yeah, I just find it fascinating, since say on Hearthstone if I purchase gold through Google Play in-app, I can still use that gold on Battle.net

Not a problem, just an observation.
That and as a Canadian, Steam charges in USD, and Google Play charges in CAD (which due to conversion, Steam is roughly cheaper).

Ken

Yeah, I just find it fascinating, since say on Hearthstone if I purchase gold through Google Play in-app, I can still use that gold on Battle.net

Not a problem, just an observation.
That and as a Canadian, Steam charges in USD, and Google Play charges in CAD (which due to conversion, Steam is roughly cheaper).

maybe they do it to avoid abuse? i could see some link/unlink shenanigans to reroll crystal purchases

sibarraz

Banned
Altered Fate doesn't make sense in a game without a graveyard, and even with one, don't know how will apply when normally tokens doesn't go to the graveyard.

Also, I'm starting to have my doubts about this game being cheaper than hearthstone. If we compare it with today hearthstone, yeah, is obvious than blizzard game is more expensive since to be competitive you need a collection of 3 expansions (soon to be four) and 3 adventures (where you can' craft their cards unless you purchase them)

But if we compare it with hs at gnomes vs goblins, I feel that in shadowverse is harder to have multidecks at top, in hs normally the good legendaries are neutral, and for example if you crafted ragnaros, boom or sylvanas, you could put them in almost all the classes, and deck normally didn't exceeded 3-4 legendaries.

But here I see some decks were I need at least 4-7 legendaries of which I can only use on that class, so if I want to have multiple decks I will still need to vial/buy lots of packs, so even though this game is way better to start than HS, I still think that isn't THAT f2p friendly like people claim (which is still fine by me since cygames needs to make money of the game)

sibarraz

Banned
you mean path to purgatory?

Is a combination of both. In this games normally a discarded card is burned, so it doesn't make sense to go into a graveyard that doesn't even exist. But yeah, generally I was thinking on path of purgatory

sibarraz

Banned
Garuda Havencraft is one of my favorite CCG decks ever, I still feel dirty playing it though, has too many ways to trigger the amulets, with some of them letting a big tempo win

I reached rank C0, overall the game has been easy to climb, but I'm starting to see a difficulty curve, I think that by B rank the games will get harder

Also, watching this metrics, it kinda confirms that being second is way better than be first https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/node/3676

Yeah, having three evolutions is huge, and so often you have to skip during the first turn anyway that the first move advantage is negligible. In fact, it's better to be able to react since you can play, and attack on a single turn with an evolution.

gngf123

Going Steam first then linking gets you more free packs (since Steam users get 5 or 6 more).

But also doesn't let you reroll.

It's a trade off, but a good roll can work out better than the average on Steam.

I'm pretty happy with my start on Steam though, and think rerolling is a pain in the ass.

Dragoncraft is ez mode. They have so much removal available to them. And then they have powerful storm minions to finish out the game and enough cheap cycle to create consistency.

Dark dragoon forte... damn that card is good. I think people are very reliant on using evolve to swing the game and don't have enough removal, or the removal they have is not cheap enough to clear it and play a minion in the same turn.

Then there is sigefried which helps preserve those evolves and a lot of health. Typically evolve is used to remove a minion, especially when it remains with a lot of health. This makes sigefried really powerful since it removes a minion without using evolve, and yet if they are 2 minions ahead on board it still is reliable for evolve as it gets the full bonus despite having a powerful fanfare.

sibarraz

Banned
Dragoncraft is ez mode. They have so much removal available to them. And then they have powerful storm minions to finish out the game and enough cheap cycle to create consistency.

Dark dragoon forte... damn that card is good. I think people are very reliant on using evolve to swing the game and don't have enough removal, or the removal they have is not cheap enough to clear it and play a minion in the same turn.

Then there is sigefried which helps preserve those evolves and a lot of health. Typically evolve is used to remove a minion, especially when it remains with a lot of health. This makes sigefried really powerful since it removes a minion without using evolve, and yet if they are 2 minions ahead on board it still is reliable for evolve as it gets the full bonus despite having a powerful fanfare.

Have been playing this game seriously for 2 weeks, I feel like all the classes are ez mode

Luigi87

Moment you hit End Turn and realize you would have won had you evolved one of your cards.
>_<

Edit: But I won two turns later, so not all was lost.

Top Bottom